Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:52 PM

155 posts, read 662,263 times

Advertisements

Yay, best fish in the state, just don't get shot trying to drive there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 19,502 times
I've been to Pine Bluff many times. I would NEVER live there. Same for Little Rock.
Someone suggested Star City, I guess it's okay.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
jcj

22 posts, read 88,189 times
if your wanting to know a little about pine bluff...well you should have already gotten the general impression from the above posts. All i can say is pine bluff quite drab, putting it nicely, this si coming from a guy whos lived in the area for 18 years. If your wanting to live in the southeastern area, i would look at monticello, sheridan, or star city. Monticello would be the biggest of the towns, and it has a nice 4 year college. o well just thought i would get a word in on this o so positve talk about pine bluff lol.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnisledLady View Post
Would appreciate comments on the Pine Bluff area as that is where my husband and I are considering relocating too. How is the fishing and hunting in that area? easy to access or not? How is the crime in that area? safe or not? What is life like in Pine Bluff?
I work as a patrolman for the city of pine bluff, i agree it is not the safest place to live statisticly. Actually pine bluff rates as the Number 3 metropolitan areas with the highest crime rate (Lincoln, Cleveland, and Jefferson counties), the city of little rock was ranked as Number 13 in the nation for most dangerous cities in the country. we had a total of 29 homicides last year with approx 20 of them occurring at night clubs on university. If you live in the city you learn where to go and where not to go, just like any other city. We are in the process of starting a program know as the 20/20 vision plan for improving our community. The basic types of crime that occur here and home burglaries and breaking and entering of vehicles, all of which occur mainly in the older parts of the city between 35th Ave on the south and Martha Mitchell Exspressway (US 65B) on the north and between East HArding Ave on East and I530 on the West. it is a major part of the city, but the subdivisions being built on the outskirts are staying in good shape. Pine bluff is like an unattended garden, left alone long enough and you;ll have to weed it out.

also i absolutly love living here, i was born and raised in pine bluff / white hall area and i am proud to call it my home. if you need help looking for a home provide me with an address and i can tell you if it's a safe neighborhood. also sheridan is a nice place to live but the city does not like to prosecute child molesters, it's known as pedophilia island.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 AM

3 posts, read 15,262 times
I'm with you audiophile, I've lived here for about 20 years and I loved it too.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,588 times
If he can find a job in Calico Rock I second that suggestion. I -think- the correctional unit up there is simply called "North Correctional Unit" though I could be wrong. I think it houses the slightly less dangerous criminals. It is real close to Mountain Home and Cherokee Village which I would consider two very nice rural outdoorsy towns, and Bull Shoals & Norfork Lake. Maybe more fishing than hunting to be had, but I can't imagine good hunting spots being very far. I've been deer hunting around Hardy and its about 20-30 miles to the east of Calico Rock...near Cherokee Village.

A bonus is close proximity to Missouri State line for those Sunday beer runs.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:25 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile249 View Post
also sheridan is a nice place to live but the city does not like to prosecute child molesters, it's known as pedophilia island.

WOAH. I knew a person that lived there who I was pretty convinced was into the kiddies... Bizarre. Glad I've moved and I haven't seen that person in a while.

I thought the freaks were supposed to congregate in the hills playing their banjos!

I'm beginning to realize they're surrounding me in southern Arkansas...

Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM

4 posts, read 11,581 times
I used to live in pine bluff and go to high school there the crime rate is high and there are a lot of gang members. And drugs there really is not a place to hunt or fish there if you are going to move to arkansas I recomend white hall its more of in the country and people there are very nice and there is hardley any crime. also if you have kids you dont want them going to pine bluff schools trust me i know first hand.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM

5 posts, read 36,808 times
i know for a fact that they can steal a radio and leave the music there playing.they have a posion war gas arsnel there they have a stinking papermill there.only good thing i know,they have enough correctional institutions.other than that i guess it might be ok.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 AM

292 posts, read 1,308,046 times
I don't know about prisons, but several people have mentioned Sheridan as being close to a prison. I've been through it and I remember thinking it was a fairly neat little town. But if you like the rural life, you don't have to live in a town at all, and there is LOTS of rural anywhere you go in Arkansas, even around Pine Bluff. You can live out in the sticks and still be able to quickly run into town for groceries and such. I don't personally like the Delta (flat, and I've lived in flat all my life and I'm sick of it, I like the mountains), but you may. The NW corner of Arkansas is gorgeous, but I'm not sure about prison work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas