U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 02:18 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,610,119 times

Advertisements

I sold my home in Hot Springs about two years ago to a young couple. The couple got a divorce and then rented it out to another couple. The first owners let it go back to the bank under foreclosure. The renters have not paid rent since and its been 6 months they have lived there rent free. My question is how long does it take for the bank to remove squatters?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-31-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 02:44 PM

39,020 posts, read 23,141,190 times
The laws in Arkansas definitely favor landlords over tenants. If it's been six months, the bank is being lax about the eviction.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,087,640 times
I agree with DC. In AR there are no "renters rights" so the squatters could be put out on the street this afternoon and/or could be formally charged with trespassing. Or the bank can have the utilities shut off and let the squatters sit there in the dark and cold. It appears to me the bank doesn't want to go to the trouble of getting them out or collecting the rent.

I'm sorry but I must ask; Since you no longer own the house, why are you concerned about it?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
I agree with DC. In AR there are no "renters rights" so the squatters could be put out on the street this afternoon and/or could be formally charged with trespassing. Or the bank can have the utilities shut off and let the squatters sit there in the dark and cold. It appears to me the bank doesn't want to go to the trouble of getting them out or collecting the rent.

I'm sorry but I must ask; Since you no longer own the house, why are you concerned about it?
Thinking of buying it back.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 AM

2,457 posts, read 6,087,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Thinking of buying it back.
O.K. I understand. I suggest you "build a fire" under the appropriate bank person

Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Default how long can squatters occupy a home they rented in Arkansas?

When I sold my home in Hot Springs it was then rented by the new owner to a mod cut family who quit paying rent. The owner lost the home to the bank, and the renters have been squatting in that home for a year or a bit more. How long can people squat in a home they did not even own once a bank has repossessed it? I would like to see them kicked out and start to fix up the damage and put it on the market. In Fla it is up to 3 years in some cases. Not sure if its the same in Ark. Sick how some people get away with not paying rent and getting our tax dollars on food stamps and other things. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-06-2014 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: off topic and unnecessary

Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,171,248 times
There are no "renters rights" in AR. Since the bank is the property owner the squatters can stay until the banks decides to evict them. And that can be on a moments notice, without advance notice. So, bottom line, it is the banks call.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,567,363 times
You sold the home. Why do you care anymore?

mod cut

Are you planning of buying the home back? Why would you fix up a home that you no longer own?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-06-2014 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you refer to has been deleted

Old 02-08-2014, 09:32 AM

I just checked, the squatters still are squatting there as far as I know. but I did find that the Bank WellsFargo has fully repossessed it as of end of last July. This means that as of July, WF has full rights to the property and the former owner has not redemption rights. I was there in October and the squatters still were there, but the bank has full authority to get the squatters removed and put it up for sale after making any necessary repairs. My old neighbor is up north for family business and will be most of this winter, so I do not have anyone to keep tabs on it for me. I bought a lot in there and want to see the sub keep from going down hill. Squatters will do that to a property.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM

You guys were right, Just called a realtor and they checked for me, the squatters have been kicked out, the scum did a number on the house, busted up fans, blinds, dry wall torn out, trim torn out. Scum will be scum, but at least they are gone and that alone makes the property worth more. I bet it even helps the surrounding property values. Now I will see what the bank wants. Very sad that some live like animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas