U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 PM

13 posts, read 90,311 times

Advertisements

Well as of 12/1/07 we are officially Arkansans! We purchased property in rural Conway County - between Menifee and Plumerville. The kids started school right away and made friends on day 1! They love the school and the kids that go there. We have found everyone very accepting. My husband (black) got a job immmediately. The scenery is lovely and life is generally good. There are a lot of things to get used to even moving from small town Ohio to Rural Arkansas..... but we absolutely love it! The tornados that came through on Tuesday were terrifying and that is definately something we are not used to. All in All we are thrilled. We have about 10 acres and a Pond - we have a Great Blue Heron that comes every morning and a pair of Bufflehead Ducks that live there too.

We have been in the area just over 2 months now and if I had to sum it up = Racism? What Racism? People are simply delightful here.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM

5,981 posts, read 15,909,467 times
Well, good for you, and welcome to Arkansas! I'm glad your kids transitioned so easily. Yes, it was a scary week to be sure, but when the spring gets here you will definitely know you are in the prettiest state in the nation!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,547,575 times
Welcome to Arkansas! I live in neighboring Faulkner County. Wonderful area, isn't it?

Best wishes.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,858,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
Well as of 12/1/07 we are officially Arkansans! We purchased property in rural Conway County - between Menifee and Plumerville. The kids started school right away and made friends on day 1! They love the school and the kids that go there. We have found everyone very accepting. My husband (black) got a job immmediately. The scenery is lovely and life is generally good. There are a lot of things to get used to even moving from small town Ohio to Rural Arkansas..... but we absolutely love it! The tornados that came through on Tuesday were terrifying and that is definately something we are not used to. All in All we are thrilled. We have about 10 acres and a Pond - we have a Great Blue Heron that comes every morning and a pair of Bufflehead Ducks that live there too.

We have been in the area just over 2 months now and if I had to sum it up = Racism? What Racism? People are simply delightful here.
Thanks for the update!! So glad to hear the everything is going great!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecloebl View Post
With my experience of living in Arkansas almost thirty years, I would suggest you heed the warnings in this posting. Racism is alive and well in Arkansas.
I live in Morrilton, and racism is not a factor here. There are some rednecks but they are certainly in the minority. I read earlier someone posted that Plumerville is predominately white. I don't agree with that but whatever, I don't think you'll have any problems of that sort here. In my opinion, its a much better place to live than Conway. I would say elitism is very much alive and well in Conway and has been as long as I've been around here (since 1970) Welcome to Conway Co.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:10 AM

27 posts, read 70,029 times
Smile Living IN Arkansas

How has it been going since you moved to Arkansas? I hope all has been going good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
Is anyone familiar with Plumerville, AR - Conway County? We are relocating to Arkansas in the next couple of weeks and there is a property in the area we are interested in. From what I can tell - it is Morrilton school district. It looks diverse and rural. Anyone have any insight on crime stats? On schools? On the area in general? Any information on the area would be most appreciative. Thanks much. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:17 AM

27 posts, read 70,029 times
Smile Faulkner County is an awesome county

I love it there. I live near a place called Barney!! I miss living there. I will be back there as soon as I retire from the military. I love Arkansas!!! It is a great state!! It has its faults, but what state doesnt. More good then bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Welcome to Arkansas! I live in neighboring Faulkner County. Wonderful area, isn't it?

Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas