U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2008, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 5,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
Yeah, you dont know humidity until your skin sizzles and your clothes are wet with sweat. I would take a few days of 110 degree weather in NWA over 6 months of mind numbing, heat stroke, sweat soaked summers in South Florida.
And one more for the road.....I would take a WHOLE Summer in NWA over ONE DAY in Phoenix, AZ (which is where I lived for 19 dreadful years).

NWA is fabulous - all 4 seasons - beautiful trees, pure air, fabulous schools, no traffic, great people...what else could one ask for?

OH, I have 2 little wishes: Trader Joe's and Southwest Airlines. It would be a dream if both were granted....
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM

14 posts, read 34,448 times
Well I hate to say it, but Arkansas isn't going to be a "Best Kept Little Secret" anymore. With today's economy the way it is, foreclosures, job losses, erosion of the U.S. dollar, gas prices, and just inflation in general, people can't afford to live anymore. They have to take what little they have salvaged and move where it's affordable. Arkansas just makes sense. Property, taxes, utilities, car insurance and much more are fairly inexpensive. Some things here are expensive like groceries, good grief....I'm grateful I don't have a house full of boys to feed. There are also other services that are expensive but overall I'd say Arkansas is probably one of the best places to live in today's economy.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:33 PM

730 posts, read 1,394,993 times
I like living in NWA. I don't know that I PERSONALLY would live anywhere in AR except for here or LR.(not really a rural girl) I could also see myself living in another state but the quality of life for the price here is amazing. I am glad to see NWA grow! It brings in more businesses and opportunities that bigger cities offer BUT at the same time I feel that if the area gets TOO big that the cost of living I just bragged about will be a thing of the past. I would love a nice balance.

Also nice to live in a part of the country where you can actually send your child to public school and feel good about it.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 PM

14 posts, read 34,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I like living in NWA. I don't know that I PERSONALLY would live anywhere in AR except for here or LR.(not really a rural girl) I could also see myself living in another state but the quality of life for the price here is amazing. I am glad to see NWA grow! It brings in more businesses and opportunities that bigger cities offer BUT at the same time I feel that if the area gets TOO big that the cost of living I just bragged about will be a thing of the past. I would love a nice balance.

Also nice to live in a part of the country where you can actually send your child to public school and feel good about it.
NOEM you are right about if it grows TOO big the cost of living WILL GO UP.

When an area's population steadily increases more schools are needed, buses, police officers, fire and rescue workers, etc... All of which requires funds and that means... tax increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas