U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,984 times

Advertisements

If anyone has info.about Clinton I'd really appreciate hearing from you. How far is it from Conway? Whats the poopulation and weather like. Any additional information will be welcomed. Thank-you

Old 12-23-2007, 01:54 PM

83 posts, read 428,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinak View Post
If anyone has info.about Clinton I'd really appreciate hearing from you. How far is it from Conway? Whats the poopulation and weather like. Any additional information will be welcomed. Thank-you
According to Google Map, Clinton is thirty nine miles from Conway. It is higher and therefore, cooler in summer and winter. It is a very poor area, with no significant economic activity. I cannot imagine living there if you have any alternative.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:56 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,895,915 times
Clinton is actually quite nice. It's close enough to Conway for a run in for anything you need that would come from a little bit larger shopping area, but far enough away that you feel rural. I have no idea what the job market is. I have a relative who is employed part time by the city and he says it is somewhat of a closed community - the same families stay for years - but the whole area has been "discovered" too, by retirees. Hwy. 65 runs through town, which actually is used quite a bit by folks traveling from north central Arkansas.

Here's a little info from the City Data main page...it says the population is 2200...I think I'd go higher than that, I suspect these figures may be dated, but there are a number of very small towns sprinkled around Clinton so maybe I'm guessing high because I count those folks.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Clinton-Arkansas.html

Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,853,644 times
The Fayetteville Shale Play is going to change Clinton and surrounding areas for both better and worse in the coming years. Don't expect it to stay a bedroom community for Conway for long.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
The Fayetteville Shale Play is going to change Clinton and surrounding areas for both better and worse in the coming years. Don't expect it to stay a bedroom community for Conway for long.
It has not changed in fifty years, and I would be surprised to see any rapid changes now. It really is out in the boonies, populated by poor, country folks. It is hardly a bedroom community. They do have a good doctor there, though.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,853,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecloebl View Post
It has not changed in fifty years, and I would be surprised to see any rapid changes now. It really is out in the boonies, populated by poor, country folks. It is hardly a bedroom community. They do have a good doctor there, though.
Stay informed: http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/02...koma_basin.cfm
http://www.fayettevilleshale.com/index.html (broken link)

New technology is enabling this long known resource to be extracted.

Potentially a LOT of jobs and population growth. Also, a LOT of potential for severe environmental damage.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Stay informed: http://www.aapg.org/explorer/2006/02...koma_basin.cfm
http://www.fayettevilleshale.com/index.html (broken link)

New technology is enabling this long known resource to be extracted.

Potentially a LOT of jobs and population growth. Also, a LOT of potential for severe environmental damage.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:19 AM

1 posts, read 4,767 times
Smile Clinton, AR

Clinton is a small rural area and most families have lived there for generations. My family did and still does. I have seen posts describing residents as "poor country folks". That is a matter of opinion, however I can say definitively that anyone that graduated from Clinton H.S., had an education that is second to none in the country as far as public schools go.

The area in and around Clinton is lovely. There is Fairfiled Bay approximately 16 miles from Clinton, also Choctaw with it's lakes 5 miles south.

I will say there is not much opportunity in the Clinton area unless you are planning to start your own business. On the plus side, it is a wonderful area to retire or raise your children.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 AM

17 posts, read 61,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniaclalake View Post
Clinton is a small rural area and most families have lived there for generations. My family did and still does. I have seen posts describing residents as "poor country folks". That is a matter of opinion, however I can say definitively that anyone that graduated from Clinton H.S., had an education that is second to none in the country as far as public schools go.

The area in and around Clinton is lovely. There is Fairfiled Bay approximately 16 miles from Clinton, also Choctaw with it's lakes 5 miles south.

I will say there is not much opportunity in the Clinton area unless you are planning to start your own business. On the plus side, it is a wonderful area to retire or raise your children.
I agree with maniaclalake. It's a beautiful spot in the Ozarks. A quaint and friendly little town. I spent part of my childhood in Shirley, AR and recently returned to Clinton for a visit. I was pleasantly surprised to see the benches in front of stores still occupied with men drinking coffee early in the A.M. while their wives shopped!

P.S.
Hello, I'm a newbie to the Forum.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:53 AM

292 posts, read 1,135,045 times
I've been through Clinton several times and always thought it looked like a nice, well-kept small town. I'm very partial to small towns. I have no personal experience with it, although I do know a couple who lives there and they love it. They are big horse people, so very country. There is a large western store in Clinton, if that tells you anything about the type of people around there. I bet they are very nice people....farmers and ranchers usually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas