U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 PM

3,966 posts, read 4,882,476 times

Advertisements

I've found a cute condo in Hot Springs Village that says it's close to the Glazypeau gate. I can't seem to find out exactly where that entrance is. Is it where E. Glazypeau Rd. meets Hwy. 7....right south of Wal-Mart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 AM

321 posts, read 796,722 times
Sort of. If you turn south out of Walmart on 7, you will turn left on E Glazypeau Road. Stay on Glazypeau until it dead ends at Brookhill Ranch road. Turn left on Brookhill and when you get to Glazypeau church on left you will veer sharply to the right onto Warren Watson road. Stay on Warren Watson briefly, you will go over a one lane bridge and just past that is the gate on your left. It's marked on MapQuest if you follow the roads.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:48 PM

Thanks, bt.....it looks (on the map) and sounds very curvy and it doesn't appear to me that the condo would have "easy access to Wal-Mart through the Glazypeau gate", as the listing says.....although I'd bet it's a pretty drive! And it may be that the roads are shorter than I think...that's usually the way it has been for me when I looked at something on a map

The condo is in Majorca Courts on Lindsay Lane, close to Lake Pineda. It looks like a lot of slow driving through neighborhoods to get to the gate from the complex. Am I wrong? I sure wish all that was on street view.

I've never used mapquest before so I checked it out.... I like google better. The satellite pictures are much clearer and closer, and I couldn't find any street view on mapquest. I love street view. I travel every day using street view....I've been to England, Ireland, Austria, New Zealand....it's great!

Thanks again for your help.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:36 PM

224 posts, read 197,986 times
If it's on lake Pineda, it's fairly close to the Glazypeu gate and 4-5 miles from the west gate. Probably around a mile from my house.

I find the Glazypeu gate pretty handy, especially if I'm going into Hot Springs. There is a way to go out the GP gate and come out on Hwy 7 just a mile or so from the Hwy 5/7 turnoff.

The GP gate is on Estrella Way. Look Southwest from Lake Pineda and find Big Lake, that is just outside the GP gate, outside the Village. It's a card access gate, unmanned.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 AM

321 posts, read 796,722 times
Yes, it would be very easy access to Walmart from Majorca court. The drive is quite nice. I live on the east side and use the glazypeau often also whenever I need to go to Walmart. The distance is about the same as going all the way through the village on Desoto and down 7 to Walmart but it is a much prettier drive with no traffic. Also, I have options on that route, I can take Ponce off Desoto to Balearic, or Balboa to Balearic and lastly I can take Minorca to Balearic so the drive is never the same.

I prefer Google maps also but the POA will not let them in to do streetview and I kinda like that.

Last edited by btoverdrive; 09-01-2014 at 05:38 AM..

Old 09-01-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
I prefer Google maps also but the POA will not let them in to do streetview and I kinda like that.
I don't blame you, actually....it's kinda creepy to look on the internet and see your house. But I sure do love to use it to check out homes for sale or just to "travel" a bit. Haven't had much of a chance to do the real thing much for the past couple of years, and will never have a chance to go to Europe or New Zealand, etc.

I found where I figured the GP gate must be on google, and then saw it marked on MapQuest and I was correct. I also saw the other way that you mentioned, to come out closer to Hot Springs on 7.

I wasn't able to drive around much when we came in the spring (kids wanted to do other things) but I did drive from the west end to the east end and liked the west end better, but Majorca Courts could actually sort of be considered to be on the "west" end if you used the GP gate to get to them. I just figured I would want to be closer to 7 for going to WM or the grocery store, etc. I'm very bad about running out of stuff and having to make last-minute trips to the store, and it looks to me like some of those places could take a while just to get to a gate!

I also, if I lived in HSV, would like to live in a hillier area, and the west end seemed to be more hilly than the east. Is the whole place pretty much hilly? Are there places that are extra hilly? I love hills.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 AM

262 posts, read 764,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I also, if I lived in HSV, would like to live in a hillier area, and the west end seemed to be more hilly than the east. Is the whole place pretty much hilly? Are there places that are extra hilly? I love hills.
The largest ridges and best views are on the West to Central part of the Village. There are some smaller ridges on the NE side (north of Desoto). I love view lots and own a good selection

Old 09-02-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
The largest ridges and best views are on the West to Central part of the Village. There are some smaller ridges on the NE side (north of Desoto). I love view lots and own a good selection
LOL....no potential customer here, Jeff....I am too old to take on building a house!

It's so hard to determine, without just being there and driving around, the topography of each area. Sometimes you can tell by the real estate pictures, but those usually leave a lot to be desired in terms of the area around the home.

I've been to Lake DeSoto (at Castellon Courts), and it didn't seem to me to be very hilly around it, at least on that side (not saying it's flat, mind you, just not extremely hilly). Lake Coronado, in the pictures I've seen, seems to have steeper banks than any of them. Am I wrong?

I can't wait to plan another trip up there, either without the kids or with the understanding that I am going to take at least a day to explore just the Village!

Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM

262 posts, read 764,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I've been to Lake DeSoto (at Castellon Courts), and it didn't seem to me to be very hilly around it, at least on that side (not saying it's flat, mind you, just not extremely hilly). Lake Coronado, in the pictures I've seen, seems to have steeper banks than any of them. Am I wrong?

I can't wait to plan another trip up there, either without the kids or with the understanding that I am going to take at least a day to explore just the Village!
I think all of the lakes have some areas around them that are 'steeper'. Probably the steepest slope is around Lake Lago. However, that is the water supply lake so the lots don't go all the way to the water.

Here is my best guess for largest slopes around each of the larger lakes:
Desoto - NE
Cortez - N, NE, NW
Coronado - N
Lago - N, NE, and SE
Balboa - NW

Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Thank you, Jeff. There's just something about a mountain lake....with the tree-covered land sloping down to a rocky shoreline....it just grips my heart. I found a nice picture of Lago on google maps....very pretty.

We went out to Lake Ouachita for a while when we were there....that is one beautiful lake. We didn't get to go to many sites, but my favorite was the Corps of Engineers swim beach area close to the dam....I think the name of it has the word "Dam" in it, but can't remember and don't want to look it up. There was a marina and a little resort there also....Echo Valley or Canyon or something like that? It was really pretty out there.

That's another thing we'd like to do next trip.....explore Lake Ouachita some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas