U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:36 PM

439 posts, read 1,080,962 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any good home search sites, besides realtor dot com?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 PM

564 posts, read 2,064,766 times
Realtor is probably going to be the only good option you have.

It typically shows all the listings no matter what the agency.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:47 PM

69,297 posts, read 79,490,574 times
it is by far the best we have found, but I am not sure it lists all properties on the market. In fact I am 99% sure it does not.

Nita

Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,903,769 times
I don't belive that site lists the homes by independents who are not members of the MLS, but I also think they have the majority of companies under their wing. They are notoriously slow about updating, though. Best bet is to find a local company that seems to be on the ball and follow their site. Of course, they will put up their listings first, but there's some sort of magical thing where they log onto Realtor and get downloads all at once. I guess the current status of the site would be in how often they update from the main database. We can't give Realtor recommendations publicly, by the way, it's against the City Data Terms of Service.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Interesting, I use 3 different sites to see Austins homes. One gives really nice big pictures too, so that makes looking at rooms in the home easy. I never had to give any personal info about myself either like some of the sites ask for. The Tennessee sites I have are also good for that. I just assumed Arkansas would some too. Thanks anyways

Old 01-07-2008, 10:12 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,906,251 times
I start out on Realty.com then after I view houses I am intersted in, I click on the realty company that has them.

I agree with another poster. If I have to give personal info about myself to even view a realtor's listings --------it's "bye,bye,baby" (and a quick "X" out of their site.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 PM

45 posts, read 138,475 times
There are several real estate companies that have websites that you can view homes on without signing up. Realtor.com is not BAD, but it is very slow processing new listings, withdrawn listings, price changes, and expired listings. I will send you a direct message with some real estate company's website. I hope it helps!!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 PM

18 posts, read 39,888 times
I found that you usually get to see more photos on remax.com--they have the same listings as realtor.com. Realtor.com usually has more detailed information about the property. What I did was look at remax to see one that had pictures, then go on realtor to find out the details.

A realtor can give you other information like how long it's been on the market, etc.

One caution, the picture tend to make things look a lot larger than they really are, so you really should see the property before you decide on a purchase.

My husband and I recently purchased a house in Conway, and it wasn't any of the ones we'd thought we wanted--you also need to see the neighborhood, size of the yard, etc.

Good luck!

Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM

44 posts, read 157,571 times
Default Home search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Does anybody have any good home search sites, besides realtor dot com?
I don't know if I missed it or not, but what area of AR are you looking at. I'm not allowed to promote any web site, but do know that some of the realtor websites are excellent.

If you wish, contact me by pm and I'll try to point you in the right direction. We relocated from WI about three years ago to NWA. Glad we did.

art

Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Brunje View Post
I don't know if I missed it or not, but what area of AR are you looking at. I'm not allowed to promote any web site, but do know that some of the realtor websites are excellent.

If you wish, contact me by pm and I'll try to point you in the right direction. We relocated from WI about three years ago to NWA. Glad we did.

art

It would be the Fayetteville area, most private sites want too much info before you can see the homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas