U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM

50 posts, read 150,318 times

Advertisements

According to the city data info Hot Springs crime rate is quite high for such a small place but I loved the area when I visited. I like the fact that a town with that population had a nice old quaint area of town and the new area was nicely organized and lots of places that are normaly in larger town. Can anyone that has recently moved there give me their input on the safety. Is the crime limited to the "bad areas" or is it just everything? Also how are the schools?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM

9 posts, read 32,190 times
From reading the newspaper , listening to the police scanner and talking to police officer friends of mine here in town and personal experience the crime is not limited to any specific area the crime reports from the city police and sherriffs office are quite lengthy in the paper. Lotsa thefts, breaking and enterings and drug busts along with bad checks being written (you can get the Sentinel Record online to see for yourself) A friend at the sherriffs office has told me about a recent increase in gang and gang type activity which was already bad . Yes the town is lovely, lots of things to do and it is very historic. We have lived here since 1999 and other than having our garage broken into numerous times , having a pickup truck and bass boat and 3 thous dollars worth of rims and tiresstolen off of another vehicle in my yard while I was out of town,( neither of which was recovered ,but the nice deputy who took our report told us they probably would not be and they probably ended up in a chop shop or at the bottom of a lake after being stripped) Only 11 murders last year 3 remain unsolved. The schools here are pretty good all in all with Lakeside, Lake Hamilton and Jessieville being the best (In my opinion) My teens go to Hot Springs Middle School and Hot Springs High, a situation we plan to rectify next year with a transfer to Lakeside, once again in my opinion a better school. I hope this helps, If you need any more info please feel free to drop me a e-mail.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM

12 posts, read 40,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmora View Post
According to the city data info Hot Springs crime rate is quite high for such a small place but I loved the area when I visited. I like the fact that a town with that population had a nice old quaint area of town and the new area was nicely organized and lots of places that are normaly in larger town. Can anyone that has recently moved there give me their input on the safety. Is the crime limited to the "bad areas" or is it just everything? Also how are the schools?
I PM'ed you. Sorry it took so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas