U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 AM

350 posts, read 1,125,108 times

Advertisements

I live in LR and have dog in this fight but I would choose Mountain Home. The towns are similar in size but in terms of outdoor activities like fishing and boating Mtn Home is blessed with two great lakes and the White River. In addition it has a very good hospital for a city that size that serves the North Arkansas region and pretty good schools. It has become a retirement haven for Midwesterners.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 AM

436 posts, read 755,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Thanks for the Reply,
Being Wet or Dry does not really matter to me, If I was to have a beer or two it would be at home anyway...
Mostly just looking for a place that values hunting and fishing and horses...
Baxter County is a DRY COUNTY thank goodness. there is enough people that are to stupid to realize u must not drink and drive!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 AM

69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Baxter County is a DRY COUNTY thank goodness. there is enough people that are to stupid to realize u must not drink and drive!
Colt, the only problem with your reasoning is: people who are going to drink and drive will do it anyway and those who want to buy spirits will go to another county to buy it, possible drinking on the way home which can still cause serious accidents.

Nita

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,359,404 times
Default Look over there in *that* direction...

Quote:
Uhhhhh......c'mere and lean closer and I'll tell you a secret....

Baxter County ain't dry.

I buy booze frequently when I'm up there.

Those stores on the highway with the neon Budweiser signs are called "package stores".

They sell....alcohol.

Now, ssshhhh....mum's the word..

OK?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 PM

77 posts, read 205,587 times
Quote:
I am sure those people that drive into Marion, where along the county line they have drive through liquor stores would never drink and drive on the way back home.

All Baxter is doing is loosing tax revenue and actually encouraging more miles driven while intoxicated, but I guess they need their blue laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or