U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 05:20 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,088,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
.jpg, Slim, por favor.

'round these parts we got rock fences.

we got rock houses

we got rock benches

we got rock wells

we got rock gardens

but we ain't got no "rock people'.

I keep readin' in the news about folks using a "straw man" for stuff.

Ain't never seen that neither.
Well, I guess that was an assumption on my part, since my wife frequently tells me I have a rock head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM

371 posts, read 504,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caish View Post
How about an Introduction and a First post with Pictures.
My Favorite place, Ozark National Forest.

A view of the Big Piney to large for one picture.

Falling Water after a good rain.

Oldest Bridge in Arkansas

Just a few miles away is this bridge, the Oldest in the State still in use.

White Oak Mountain Overlook,

Haw Creek

Cove Creek.
Hope you all enjoy some pictures from places the typical City Dweller that will never see if your own backyard.
These are beautiful. I especially love photos of old bridges and other structures.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM

14 posts, read 32,957 times
Wow--those are good photos. a lot of damage due to that ice storm. how do you like living in Horseshoe Bend?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 PM

14 posts, read 32,957 times
Beautiful!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 PM

678 posts, read 1,444,100 times
I spent about five hours walking around and took a few hundred pictures on Wednesday while the snow was falling in Little Rock, and I thought I'd offer to share some of the better ones with you all. If you want to see a rare view of Little Rock covered in several inches of snow, sit back and kill a couple minutes watching the slide show. You'll have to click the "slow" speed if you want to read all the captions with the pictures.

The photos are a mix with a few from my cell phone and most from a Canon point and shoot digital camera. As a result, the quality is not gallery-level, but I hope you enjoy them.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,222,488 times
I found out today my apartment is within easy walking distance of Downtown Fort Smith.

I had my camera out and here comes a hearse hauling a horse statue flying by. It's not the best picture but I only had a few seconds before it was gone.

Check out this abandoned building. Must have been nice at some point in history. I don't know if those downed power lines are live of not.

Looks like there where a couple apartments under the building. I'm guessing this one is from the KISS era.

Would be a nice place if someone could spare a million or so to restore it. It actually doesn't look too bad from the front.

Farther up the alley.
Even the graffiti looks faded and worn.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 PM

111 posts, read 326,147 times
As a human I wouldn't particularly want to inhabit those last two places.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM

29 posts, read 60,250 times
Didnt know I couldnt post links to other sites, sorry. Anyways, heres some photos from around the state Im working on for my book.

Clarksville

Atkins

Hagarville

El Dorado

Forrest City

Subiaco

New bridge over the Mississippi near Lake Village

Helena

Little Rock

Ft. Smith

Lost Corner in the Ozarks

Dardanelle Rock

Fayetville

Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM

25 posts, read 74,061 times
Moderator cut: advertising
Went for a ride with the wife and kids yesterday.
One of my favorites.
Springfield Bridge, it gets worse every year. I wish there was a way to renovate it for the next generation. Built 1876

This ancient Cypress use to be the anchor point for the bridge.

You would be surprised how many rural roads lack bridges.

This old Church and School is by Cleveland, most likely Methodist denomination. There was a calender on the wall from 1991. So its been empty for a bit.

The back door was open so I snapped a couple quick pictures inside.

Awesome view from the front Yard.

Meanwhile down the road a bit is Cow Ford,

And a local swimming hole complete with a rope swing.
That water is still quite cold.

White Oak overlook by Hector.

A little Waterfall on Dare Creek. You can only get this picture from the road. Private land all around.

Next we dropped Southwest to Mt Magazine and took a lowly dirt road that could have been on the set of Deliverance, I was listening for Banjos the whole time. We came out on the south side of Mt Magazine.

Looking off the north side of Mt Magazine.

then we ran an hours worth of dirt roads to get back over to Dardanelle, decided to go visit Petit Jean Mt and a friend that lives up there on top.

About the old soul we went to visit.....

Should've seen my youngest eyes light up when he walked out of the house.

Last edited by Kimballette; 04-11-2011 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: you may not advertise your blog or other websites on C-D

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,358,167 times
That's a nice bunch of pictures, I had to chuckle at a couple of things.

First, the comment on how many roads don't have bridges.

They do have bridges, you're on it. It's called a "low water bridge", and in some places (like where I live), if you want to go *anywhere*, you're going to cross at least one of them. Locals know which ones to avoid after a large rainfall.

Second, the comparison to "Deliverance".

Heh, there are places around here that the boys from Deliverance wouldn't even tread, but you didn't go through any of them.

If you ever find yourself really drunk, or really crazy, I'll guide ya to a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or