U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 05:46 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,103,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I am so jealous of Holly......nestled deep in the Ozarks watching the wildlife. Now THAT's living to me!
Awww, thanks, I know you're searching for your perfect spot also. I love living here and the way I live, although it's not for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 12:36 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,237,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Awww, thanks, I know you're searching for your perfect spot also. I love living here and the way I live, although it's not for everyone.
We're much happier in Minnesota than we were in North Texas, but I continue to hold my Arkansas memories and dreams close. I'm only 49, so I still have time to realize those dreams, the good Lord willing. I may have an opportunity to get down there in a couple months for my first visit since we left TX and I'm very excited about that. There's still so much of the state I have yet to experience.

In the meantime, keep these great pictures coming, everyone.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:33 PM

Good size bobcat. Notice the black stripes on his front left leg.

Here is it zoomed in so you can see the stripes on his leg

Old 08-08-2018, 07:37 AM

39,020 posts, read 23,146,013 times
Quote:

Amazing pictures!

Old 08-08-2018, 10:30 PM

962 posts, read 556,981 times
Cool pics of the bobcat

Old 08-09-2018, 12:29 PM

4,748 posts, read 6,146,270 times
That's a huge bobcat!

Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:

Just saw this:wow, he is a big boy!!

Last night about 7pm we saw 3 bucks grazing in our back yard. First about 1/2 hour before we spotted 2 little fawns. They were not really brand new kids but still had their spots. Then I looked out the window and spotted 2 bucks. Now, like most of us, deer are not new to us and often through our yard. But we rarely see bucks, for some reason.. Awhile later I glanced out our bedroom window and there was number 3 buck. About this time I decided to go back into the living room , grab my phone and take a picture. Unfortunately by then, after hubby had decided to open the window and talk to the guys, they had taken off. I would have loved to share the pic with some of our city friends.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just saw this:wow, he is a big boy!!

Last night about 7pm we saw 3 bucks grazing in our back yard. First about 1/2 hour before we spotted 2 little fawns. They were not really brand new kids but still had their spots. Then I looked out the window and spotted 2 bucks. Now, like most of us, deer are not new to us and often through our yard. But we rarely see bucks, for some reason.. Awhile later I glanced out our bedroom window and there was number 3 buck. About this time I decided to go back into the living room , grab my phone and take a picture. Unfortunately by then, after hubby had decided to open the window and talk to the guys, they had taken off. I would have loved to share the pic with some of our city friends.
Nita, that's so awesome that you got to see that. I've noticed that the bucks tend to hang out together in the summer but that will come to an end soon as we get closer to fall (rut season). I've even seen a grouping with do's, bucks, and fawns.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:27 PM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
just saw 2 of them again, but still didn't move fast enough to snap the picture. I think I will just keep the phone at my side every second for the next couple of days.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,543,630 times
This is a photo of a shelf cloud taken from the Acorn Vista on the Talimena National Scenic Byway near Mena, Arkansas. The weatherman man on Channel 7 in Little Rock posted it on his Facebook site. 8/17/2018. I now live in Mena.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Arkansas-storm-3b-3-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or