Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 04:14 PM

383 posts, read 399,783 times

Advertisements

Alinity, please click your ruby slippers together and say "I just wanna go home". Hopefully, it will work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
It is very interested topic. You all shared good images.

Thank You
pnrstatus.io

Old 07-13-2020, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanusingh12 View Post
It is very interested topic. You all shared good images.

Thank You
pnrstatus.io
wow, old thread brought back to life: Thanks and welcome to CD

Old 07-29-2020, 03:50 AM

3 posts, read 1,724 times
Lovely pics. 10 years back I stay there. It's really a good place. These pics really get back my memories. I am happy to see all those. Thank you for posting.

Old 11-29-2020, 04:56 PM

425 posts, read 505,844 times
Perhaps the most under appreciated and viewed structure in Arkansas... It is worth the trip to Beaver AR to see this fantastic bridge. My wife and I call it the "little golden gate".

From Wiki
"The Beaver Bridge in Beaver, Arkansas is a historic one-lane suspension bridge carrying Arkansas Highway 187 over the White River at Table Rock Lake. Built in 1949 by the Pioneer Construction Company, the structure is the only suspension bridge open to traffic in Arkansas. The Beaver Bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990"

Wiki Link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver_Bridge_(Arkansas)

Old 11-29-2020, 06:08 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,737,314 times
Is the traffic one-way or two-way? Not that wide for two big pickups coming from both ends at the same time.

Old 11-29-2020, 06:37 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Oh my word, my 8 year old son would flip over that bridge. He’s fanatical about them....especially the ones with the big suspension towers. Will definitely have to hit that one next time down. We’ll just drive out there and surprise him, he’ll love it!

Old 11-29-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Is the traffic one-way or two-way? Not that wide for two big pickups coming from both ends at the same time.
Yeah, it’s a one way. Self managed from what I remember. It’s a really cool bridge, and located on a less traveled road.

Old 11-29-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Oh my word, my 8 year old son would flip over that bridge. He’s fanatical about them....especially the ones with the big suspension towers. Will definitely have to hit that one next time down. We’ll just drive out there and surprise him, he’ll love it!
Your son will love it! It’s about 45 mins East of Bella Vista. I found it by accident a few years ago. I was out driving the back roads (no agenda, just driving) and came across it. I came back and talked about it with several AR natives who didn’t even know it existed. It’s not very well known... amazingly.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:14 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Your son will love it! It’s about 45 mins East of Bella Vista. I found it by accident a few years ago. I was out driving the back roads (no agenda, just driving) and came across it. I came back and talked about it with several AR natives who didn’t even know it existed. It’s not very well known... amazingly.
That is amazing. Been looking it up a bit.....that timber deck makes me somewhat nervous, but the bridge is part of a state highway (187) so I assume they would have to maintain it properly. That sits in one of our favorite areas of the state, too......not far from Eureka Springs and the Ozark scenery along the Missouri border is simply divine. We are so there next time down - thanks for this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas