Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 04:12 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,991,727 times

Advertisements

Since you did not receive the commission say.. on the credit life loan coverage which is frequently cancelled after purchase............you cannot be charged back.

I imagine they chose to charge you back because the person who "sold" it, is no longer with the dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 AM

7 posts, read 8,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
Since you did not receive the commission say.. on the credit life loan coverage which is frequently cancelled after purchase............you cannot be charged back.

I imagine they chose to charge you back because the person who "sold" it, is no longer with the dealership.

so not legal ..?? could you post were I may find this info so I can print it or copy it ?

Old 04-24-2015, 01:40 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2014 View Post
so not legal ..?? could you post were I may find this info so I can print it or copy it ?
Again: what did your employer say when you asked how you could be "charged back" for something you never got in the first place? The first step is to simply ask your employer that; I suspect that they would have no answer as it makes no sense.

I asked a few posts ago what they said when you asked, but you didn't really answer -- it sounded like you had NOT simply asked them that very simple question yet.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Again: what did your employer say when you asked how you could be "charged back" for something you never got in the first place? The first step is to simply ask your employer that; I suspect that they would have no answer as it makes no sense.

I asked a few posts ago what they said when you asked, but you didn't really answer -- it sounded like you had NOT simply asked them that very simple question yet.

the answer was sense I took a job as a finance mgr.. that's just the way they want to do from here on out ... no good explanation ... just that's the way it is and if you don't like it you don't have to do the job... but anyone after me will have to assume my chargebacks .... there are other f and I mgr. that are having to do the same thing at the other dealerships this guy owns .. none of us think its fair and we have all asked the same question .. and now Im trying to make sure its legal .. if it isn't and I can prove then ill let them know.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
the answer was sense I took a job as a finance mgr.. that's just the way they want to do from here on out ... no good explanation ... just that's the way it is and if you don't like it you don't have to do the job... but anyone after me will have to assume my chargebacks .... there are other f and I mgr. that are having to do the same thing at the other dealerships this guy owns .. none of us think its fair and we have all asked the same question .. and now Im trying to make sure its legal .. if it isn't and I can prove then ill let them know.
"That's just the way it is"? Have you asked them if they KNOW what they are doing is legal? Because again, how can they charge you for something you never got in the first place? I simply would not accept their answer until they give me something more than "that's just the way it is."

I think it would be worth your time (and $100 or so) to consult a labor lawyer. I can't believe that it can be legal to charge you for things that you didn't originally get CREDIT for.

Please keep us posted!!

P.,S. Just googled various permutations of "Arkansas labor law chargebacks" -- one office that you should contact TOMORROW is this one: Arkansas Department of Labor | Home . Other things I found in the search results were about rules for chargebacks; NONE of them had to do with employee B having to pay the chargebacks of employee A. That is just bizarre.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
"That's just the way it is"? Have you asked them if they KNOW what they are doing is legal? Because again, how can they charge you for something you never got in the first place? I simply would not accept their answer until they give me something more than "that's just the way it is."

I think it would be worth your time (and $100 or so) to consult a labor lawyer. I can't believe that it can be legal to charge you for things that you didn't originally get CREDIT for.

Please keep us posted!!

P.,S. Just googled various permutations of "Arkansas labor law chargebacks" -- one office that you should contact TOMORROW is this one: Arkansas Department of Labor | Home . Other things I found in the search results were about rules for chargebacks; NONE of them had to do with employee B having to pay the chargebacks of employee A. That is just bizarre.

I know right I have contacted them .. they couldn't give me a straight answer ether , but they said they could do a investigation .. im not wanting to loose my job . I just want to find something that states that they cant do that ..... I also looked in to the labor law and found nothing about a 2nd party getting charged back on the 1st parties sale. ??? I guess to find out ill have to see a lawyer to see if they know ???

Old 04-25-2015, 09:14 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,991,727 times
I've been in sales all my adult life.

I do get chargebacks on cancellations. But only chargebacked against that which I have sold. Not the sales of others - either present or former employees.

The only call you need to make is to State Wage and Labor.

I can't even enter a chargeback against a salesperson in my accounting system if the sale hadn't originated with them in the first place.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:46 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,536 times
Look for another job and get out of there ASAP.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I know right I have contacted them .. they couldn't give me a straight answer ether , but they said they could do a investigation .. im not wanting to loose my job . I just want to find something that states that they cant do that ..... I also looked in to the labor law and found nothing about a 2nd party getting charged back on the 1st parties sale. ??? I guess to find out ill have to see a lawyer to see if they know ???
I'm sorry, I have a hard time believing that they couldn't tell you right off that OF COURSE your employer can't do this. Again, as I have asked multiple times now: how can you be "charged back" for something you were never credited for in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
I've been in sales all my adult life.

I do get chargebacks on cancellations. But only chargebacked against that which I have sold. Not the sales of others - either present or former employees.

The only call you need to make is to State Wage and Labor.

I can't even enter a chargeback against a salesperson in my accounting system if the sale hadn't originated with them in the first place.
Again, this ^^^. Same thing I've been saying. OP, it should not be this hard. I understand your fear of losing your job (although frankly it sounds like your employers are a**holes), but I can't believe you're asking the right questions if even the state labor dept. can't give you a straight answer.

There DOES need to be an investigation -- not only for you but for other employees who are being screwed over the same way.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Interesting! So what you're really saying is that you want to keep working for a lousy employer who's putting the screws to you and other employees no matter what he does to you. That's really sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas