U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 AM

69,357 posts, read 79,558,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Any idea why BV is lower since they both seem to have the same stuff?
Well apparently they have always been a little lower, but my guess, right now, is Bella Vista is a city and I think HSV is still a village. This would mean, we get some help from the city on maintainance. No, our property taxes have not gone up since becoming a city, but we do have city sales taxes which we didn't have prior to becoming a city. Has becoming a city been a positive thing? That depends on who you talk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:36 AM

7,268 posts, read 16,859,494 times
Thanks Nita.

That clears some stuff up for me.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:35 AM

3,029 posts, read 6,917,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well apparently they have always been a little lower, but my guess, right now, is Bella Vista is a city and I think HSV is still a village. This would mean, we get some help from the city on maintainance. No, our property taxes have not gone up since becoming a city, but we do have city sales taxes which we didn't have prior to becoming a city. Has becoming a city been a positive thing? That depends on who you talk to.
So Bella Vista charges city taxes in addition to monthly POA fees and HSV has no city taxes?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
So Bella Vista charges city taxes in addition to monthly POA fees and HSV has no city taxes?
yes and no: we do have city sales tax, so yes, we do have a tax, but it isn't a city tax like what you might be thinking. We still have a $24 POA compared to what HSV has and we are not looking at doubling the amount in the near future. It probably evens itself out. Regardless of where we live, we have to have roads maintained, a fire and police protection, good public areas and a safe place to live. This takes money.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:53 AM

3,029 posts, read 6,917,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes and no: we do have city sales tax, so yes, we do have a tax, but it isn't a city tax like what you might be thinking. We still have a $24 POA compared to what HSV has and we are not looking at doubling the amount in the near future. It probably evens itself out. Regardless of where we live, we have to have roads maintained, a fire and police protection, good public areas and a safe place to live. This takes money.
I am referring to property tax, not sales tax. This is typically divided into separate taxes paid to the city, county, and school district. It has nothing to do with a sales tax.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:38 AM

156 posts, read 113,795 times
Well we are here for a couple of days, in HS. we do not have long due to we are only passing through. But we stopped into the one sub we were looking at off of Surrey road and there was a sign going out that said We were broken into and robbed, they are here, lots of damage. We talked with a few of the neighbors and was told that there was three break ins. They think they are coming from a drug house just outside the sub. One man came home to find a man in just his underwear half out of it on drugs sitting in his living room. I think the village may be a bit safer community. The other neighbor seemed nice also but then told me how the deed restrictions do not matter and he hunts on his five acres. I know the deed restrictions can be a bit of a pain but they also keep some of the rif raf out. we are still trying to make up our mind. We were also not to impressed with the collapse of the Majestic. Its quite the eye sore.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
Well we are here for a couple of days, in HS. we do not have long due to we are only passing through. But we stopped into the one sub we were looking at off of Surrey road and there was a sign going out that said We were broken into and robbed, they are here, lots of damage. We talked with a few of the neighbors and was told that there was three break ins. They think they are coming from a drug house just outside the sub. One man came home to find a man in just his underwear half out of it on drugs sitting in his living room. I think the village may be a bit safer community. The other neighbor seemed nice also but then told me how the deed restrictions do not matter and he hunts on his five acres. I know the deed restrictions can be a bit of a pain but they also keep some of the rif raf out. we are still trying to make up our mind. We were also not to impressed with the collapse of the Majestic. Its quite the eye sore.
Good luck and enjoy your few days. Remember crime happens everywhere and this might be more of an isolated experience or it could signal trouble.I don't know about HSV, but I do know here, in BV and in much of NWA we have almost no crime. Yes, from time to time we will hear of something and yes, there are drugs in certain parts of our area, but Bentonville and BV are almost crime free. I would think HSV would be similar.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:21 PM

156 posts, read 113,795 times
Well we sold our land outside the village, we are going to take a trip both me and the wife this time to HS and look at the village. We wanted a bit of land but we really like the idea of gated community and the weather is a bit better in HS than in ES or BV area. We going to take a look at land and housing.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:14 PM

4,749 posts, read 6,158,118 times
I'm glad you were able to sell your land. Hope you find something in the Village you like.

Have you been checking real estate sites online? Redfin.com claims to get listings earlier than the other sites. I've been looking at it and like it, but Zillow's and Trulia's photos are larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or