U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 11:44 PM

89 posts, read 65,592 times

Advertisements

I've been told recently that the AR Dept of Health hires independent contractors to provide care services for home health.

According to my source, there are automated phone calls informing independent contractors/nurses that the Attorney General is undergoing investigations and reviewing all personnel files for Medicaid/Medicare fraud via FOI (Freedom of Information) requests.

I was told the local news in Little Rock, AR recently reported an agency, that also provides home health care, will be going out of business soon (6 months). Of course, no comment was provided by that agency on why the sudden close of business.

I did some research on the Business Entity Name and found that their business license was revoked years ago, however, their fictitious name was reported in the news broadcast last week.

Researching on the web, I've found several articles in Arkansas wherein a Director, Officer, or family member was arrested for Medicaid/Medicare fraud. I understand these cases, however what about independent contractors?

Can a independent contractor/nurse who is providing home health care be prosecuted for Medicaid/Medicare fraud if their "employer" is being investigated for fraudulent activity?

I'm told that the personnel department of this facility often has complaints from their contractors/nurses regarding time sheet inaccuracies and paycheck problems as well.

I would assume that the officer/director of the facility would be responsible for any billing violations made toward Medicare/Medicaid.

Any comments or responses to this thread would be most appreciated. This seems to be affecting many home health care providers in Arkansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:01 PM

2,097 posts, read 2,704,104 times
For accurate legal advice it it always best to consult with an appropriate Attorney...you will get answers all over the board here....

Regards
Gemstone1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas