Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 AM

730 posts, read 2,254,125 times

Advertisements

I myself have a hard time finding oppertunities for networking and making friends here in NWA. Not complaining about the same old friends I've always had- just want to branch out a bit and find people locally to visit with.Some things that I would like to find are a single parents group, book clubs, etc ....etc. I realize there are many sports activities- however this is not a good idea for me, as it is TOO much of a commitment.Any of you have groups that you enjoy meeting with periodically and or ideas for sharing similar intrests? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,085 times
I heard that John Daly has a place to go eat near russellville. If that is true what is the name and how can i find it?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,085 times
working close to Morrilton I think and I'm looking for something to do in my time off.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,268,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP123 View Post
I heard that John Daly has a place to go eat near russellville. If that is true what is the name and how can i find it?
It's called Daly's - not in Russellville, but in Dardanelle south across the river, on Front St. I think. Old Romidio's.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I myself have a hard time finding oppertunities for networking and making friends here in NWA. Not complaining about the same old friends I've always had- just want to branch out a bit and find people locally to visit with.Some things that I would like to find are a single parents group, book clubs, etc ....etc. I realize there are many sports activities- however this is not a good idea for me, as it is TOO much of a commitment.Any of you have groups that you enjoy meeting with periodically and or ideas for sharing similar intrests? Thanks

What town are you in? As you can see from the postings, NWA is a pretty broad area. Even a county will help narrow it down.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
It's called Daly's - not in Russellville, but in Dardanelle south across the river, on Front St. I think. Old Romidio's.
Romidio's is gone? I remember that was one of the places to go when the nuke plant folks wanted to be "upscale".

Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 AM

Yep, gone. Daly's is about the same fare. Upscale dining is more at Savannah's, which is just down the street. Very good food. Daly's is like Romidio's, front bar/band/eating area that is crowded and loud, back room that's "private" (meaning tablecloths) and more civilized. Good food, too, although I think I've only been in the back room once. The bar is a happenin' spot.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Yep, gone. Daly's is about the same fare. Upscale dining is more at Savannah's, which is just down the street. Very good food. Daly's is like Romidio's, front bar/band/eating area that is crowded and loud, back room that's "private" (meaning tablecloths) and more civilized. Good food, too, although I think I've only been in the back room once. The bar is a happenin' spot.
At least it's still occupied and doing well. That's what's most important. Is John still throwing huge parties and burning cash hand over fist?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:29 AM

I hear tell he is, over at Lion's Den - the golf course he owns over at Dardanelle. Apparently he and Hootie and the Blowfish party quite a bit there. Having seen Hootie 3 sheets to the wind in every concert I've ever seen him at and knowing John's reputation, I'll go with that story. Everyone talks about seeing him around town or at the golf shop on East Main. I guess I don't run in the right circles, but then again I wonder if I would know the man if I saw him....I'm sure I would, he's pretty distinctive. I see the pro who worked with him, Nancy Woodall? Woodyard? whatever, I'm horrible with names, but I see her around town all the time. From what I gather she's not working with him much anymore but I may be off the mark on that one. Golf/golf talk makes me take deep naps. You know he's mostly living in Tennessee now, right? I think all his ex-es that wear Rolexes may have run him northeast for a while!

Old 02-02-2008, 05:56 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,125 times
In Fayetteville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas