Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me a report or link to the current water levels in the Hot Springs/West Arkansas region? It had been very dry and levels were way down when we visited last month, but I know they've had several good rain events since then. I hope to at least see those streams and creeks flowing when we come back in a few weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:18 AM

490 posts, read 1,266,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Can anyone give me a report or link to the current water levels in the Hot Springs/West Arkansas region? It had been very dry and levels were way down when we visited last month, but I know they've had several good rain events since then. I hope to at least see those streams and creeks flowing when we come back in a few weeks!
I know here in the village the lakes are all back to normal, in fact water is going over the spillways. We have had 12 inches of rain in the last three weeks.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM

1,221 posts, read 1,904,103 times
Quote:
I don't know, but suspect those streams are rolling now. They got lots of rain and wind damage from the storm that went through the past couple of days.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:29 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I enjoyed our visit to the Grand Canyon, but we went up from Conway on 65 and then over west. It was a bit nerve wracking in a SUV because those mountain roads got so steep that I could hear the engine grinding and seemed like it would never end. There's no place to stop or get help if you get in trouble in that part of the country either! Next time, I'm driving up from Russellville.
You have to use your low gears going both up and down.

We were going into a restaurant once in Jasper and these people came roaring up in the parking lot in some kind of SUV....we smelled a funny smell and looked that way and their brakes were literally smoking. LOL

Old 11-18-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
I don't know, but suspect those streams are rolling now. They got lots of rain and wind damage from the storm that went through the past couple of days.
Yeah, we had that same line of storms, but it hit Arkansas harder than it did DFW.

So we'll be back first week of December. Are leaves still on the trees around that time there, or are most of them down by then?

Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,904,103 times
Quote:
Yeah, we had that same line of storms, but it hit Arkansas harder than it did DFW.

So we'll be back first week of December. Are leaves still on the trees around that time there, or are most of them down by then?
Except for the green leaves, the storm blew away all the others here in L.R.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:57 PM

340 posts, read 516,236 times
I took a quick video today of the spillway on Lake Balboa in Hot Springs Village. Notice how clear the water is, even after heavy rains yesterday.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:40 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
Jimnelson1 - I don't think your video worked (unless my add-ons blocked it).

I'm in Hot Springs as we speak, I love this place! I don't think I could live here though, a little too crazy for me. However, it is very beautiful and I bought a few shirts and went up on the Mountain Tower today. I leave tomorrow around noon but I'm sure I'll be back here soon because of the amount of things to do here. The mineral baths are awesome, first time ever for me.

Sorry for the crummy photo, sun was out and my camera is just an old cellphone.

Spoiler

Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Jimnelson1 - I don't think your video worked (unless my add-ons blocked it).

I'm in Hot Springs as we speak, I love this place! I don't think I could live here though, a little too crazy for me. However, it is very beautiful and I bought a few shirts and went up on the Mountain Tower today. I leave tomorrow around noon but I'm sure I'll be back here soon because of the amount of things to do here. The mineral baths are awesome, first time ever for me.

Sorry for the crummy photo, sun was out and my camera is just an old cellphone.
I didn't get the video either, but would love to see it.

Quert, that photo makes me want to pack up and head there NOW!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
It's a great place! .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas