U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Don't look at me I am not giving Arkansas a bad rap Because the offices for the KKK are in Harrison. Some may give us in Arkansas a bad rap and others may love Arkansas because the Klan is here, Just depends who you are and how you at it.
Junkman - The "offices for the KKK" in Harrison is a PO Box. They do not have a street address, as they are not located within the Harrison city limit. A small group of people lead by an individual named Thom Robb, a self-proclaimed KKK preacher and Grand Wizard, have a location in Zink, Arkansas which is along the Boone County/Marion County line. His location has been described as a "white cabin in the woods." It is so far out in the country that cell phones do not work.

Harrison, like a number of communities having a negative racial history, has been working hard to overcome its past actions and related reputation. For you to claim that the KKK has offices inside the city, without knowing all the facts, does not help. By making comments like you do does not further the healing that Harrison is attempting to accomplish. It merely reinforces the negatives.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:25 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,038,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
Junkman - The "offices for the KKK" in Harrison is a PO Box. They do not have a street address, as they are not located within the Harrison city limit. A small group of people lead by an individual named Thom Robb, a self-proclaimed KKK preacher and Grand Wizard, have a location in Zink, Arkansas which is along the Boone County/Marion County line. His location has been described as a "white cabin in the woods." It is so far out in the country that cell phones do not work.

Harrison, like a number of communities having a negative racial history, has been working hard to overcome its past actions and related reputation. For you to claim that the KKK has offices inside the city, without knowing all the facts, does not help. By making comments like you do does not further the healing that Harrison is attempting to accomplish. It merely reinforces the negatives.
who says the KKK is all negative? It's no more negative than all the black groups, But black race groups seem to be ok. and whites have the same rights too have The KKK as the blacks have too have all their groups. But I am not so sure their offices are not in Harrison, But if it was a black group we are talking about then it would not be any problem.

And everyone does not want to change what you call negative racial history.

For them to have a mail box in Harrison and not have offices in Harrison how do they get their mail? They must be close by.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:35 PM

5,981 posts, read 15,911,403 times
Okay - folks, I'm sorry - the OP made ONE post in the Arkansas forum asking one question and has never commented again. I for one am worn out with this topic...

Everyone in Boone County has a Harrison address, I think...p.o. box or not. And he calls himself the Director. What freakin' ever. Harrison IS trying to overcome the image...that's been established on multiple threads in the Arkansas forum. This subject has been dead for over a month - are we trying to work miracles and resurrect it yet again?

I'd rather see one person step out into the light and call himself a preacher and a prophet and whatever else he wants to than have him hiding in the shadows....but people who would judge all of Harrison or all of Boone County as bad because one man with a skewed vision of the world decided to throw down camp there are just feeding right into the hysteria that has plagued this very lovely area of the state for too long.

I personally would like to face anyone, including this man, and give my personal opinion to him regarding his ability to bestow this dubious notoriety on the whole state…

Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,247,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
who says the KKK is all negative? It's no more negative than all the black groups, But black race groups seem to be ok. and whites have the same rights too have The KKK as the blacks have too have all their groups. But I am not so sure their offices are not in Harrison, But if it was a black group we are talking about then it would not be any problem.

And everyone does not want to change what you call negative racial history.

For them to have a mail box in Harrison and not have offices in Harrison how do they get their mail? They must be close by.
The problem with the KKK is not that they are an all White group. The problem with the KKK is the violence and terroristic tactics the group has engaged in over the years. The only reason people are leary of all White groups is because they tend to become violent in the furtherance of their "cause". If the ykept to themselves, and did not reach out to harm people, no one would have a problem with them, but they do.

My sister's godfather was Eldridge Cleaver. For those who don't know all of the players in the late Civil Rights movement, he was one of the founding leaders of the Black Panthers.

The Black Panthers were formed predominately to further the momentum of the Civil Rights movement and create breakfast programs, afterschool programs, etc. The Black Panthers were an advocacy group and social service organization. When White people move into a Black neighborhood, no one is going to burn a cross on their lawn or chase them away. They would face the same "dangers" anyone living in the neighborhood would.

Btw, there are White organizations were simply for social purposes, there are Irish and Italian groups. There are British pubs. (in Santa Monica) I'm sure there are others. When all-White groups can have thier organizations that simply celebrate themselves without violence, they won't have any opposition.

Sam, the problem with the Confederate flag is that groups like the KKK have used it as a symbol of oppression. I feel I know you well enough that if you had one, I would take it as a symbol of Southern pride, but anyone else I would steer very clear of.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 PM

44 posts, read 173,028 times
After hearing Osamas,...I mean Obama's Reverend Wright on TV, I'm kindof glad they're here. You'd never know it though, because they're not violent. They fight their battles in court. Tom Robb is a really nice guy, and a good neighbor. I'm not as sure about the Black Panthers.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,038,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
The problem with the KKK is not that they are an all White group. The problem with the KKK is the violence and terroristic tactics the group has engaged in over the years. The only reason people are leary of all White groups is because they tend to become violent in the furtherance of their "cause". If the ykept to themselves, and did not reach out to harm people, no one would have a problem with them, but they do.
Are you going too try and tell us that the black panthers And other black hate groups are not violence and terroristic?

Old 03-23-2008, 04:22 PM

5,612 posts, read 13,247,655 times
Name one violent act committed by the Black Panthers. You can't. The Black Panthers are not and never have been a hate group. Find one speech where they have advocated violence against anyone. You can't because it doesn't exist. On the other hand, the KKK preaches nothing but hatred and intolerance. There are no violent Black groups, just as there are no Black hate groups. The only thing that Black groups teach is how to survive in a world filled with people who feel the way you do.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:47 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,916,239 times
CESpeed---when the Black Panthers first organized they instituted the ---Ten Point Program

#6-------"We want completely free health care for all black and oppressed people

#9-------"We want freedeom for all black and oppressed people held in Federal Prisons, State prisons, city jails. county jails, and militery prisons.

The white people certainly did view the Black Panthers on the same way the black people view the KKK

Old 03-23-2008, 04:50 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,916,239 times
Also, at a time when the draft was the law, the Black Panthers wanted all blacks exempted from military service.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:25 PM

5,981 posts, read 15,911,403 times
MODERATOR: We're off topic on a dicey topic. We have a Controversies forum for all this back and forth.

Folks, let me remind you - this is primarily a relocation forum. When we start veering off topic it is distracting for those trying to find out info on an area. Let's get it back in the middle of the road please - thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas