U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM

10 posts, read 49,113 times

Advertisements

I heard Harrison is main place of KKK.

It is true??

Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,853,644 times
Here we go again......

The grand dragon (whatever that title means) lives outside of Harrison. Harrison is not the headquarters or anything like that. To the best of my knowledge, the kkk has no "headquarters" or "main office".

EDIT: Just to add, I lived near Harrison for the better part of my life and never, not once, saw anyone in a white sheet or burning crosses or anything like that. It isn't like Harrison is wildly diverse but there were enough families of color that if the kkk idiots thought they were big and bad enough to make a scene, they would have.

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 02-07-2008 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Added info

Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,035,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Ra View Post
I heard Harrison is main place of KKK.

It is true??
The head office for the KKK is in Harrison! They have a web site that shows the Harrison address have a look at the link What is White Christian Revival (http://www.kkk.bz/ - broken link) or search the KKK for all the information you need.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 AM

140 posts, read 422,298 times
Default Harrison City Charter Clearly Against Racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
The head office for the KKK is in Harrison! They have a web site that shows the Harrison address have a look at the link What is White Christian Revival (http://www.kkk.bz/ - broken link) or search the KKK for all the information you need.
We are Jewish, and i worked in Harrison for a short time and had no issues. The City of Harrison amended their Charter to state they are against Racism , and are not associated with Hate Groups. I was impressed they came out on major TV stations reporting this . Fedex located a large Hub in Harrison and are big on Diversity.
I am not in denial there are a few outspoken antiquidated ,ignorant , unamerican , bumpkins, that wanna keep stoking those old fires ,but from what we have seen, people wanna leave it as a mistake of the past . I think the ones you find left are malcontents , that would rather waste time hating than building a stronger, friendly , Great America , that my Grandparents came here to help build 100 yrs ago . Best Wishes .

Old 02-08-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmon View Post
We are Jewish, and i worked in Harrison for a short time and had no issues. The City of Harrison amended their Charter to state they are against Racism , and are not associated with Hate Groups. I was impressed they came out on major TV stations reporting this . Fedex located a large Hub in Harrison and are big on Diversity.
I am not in denial there are a few outspoken antiquidated ,ignorant , unamerican , bumpkins, that wanna keep stoking those old fires ,but from what we have seen, people wanna leave it as a mistake of the past . I think the ones you find left are malcontents , that would rather waste time hating than building a stronger, friendly , Great America , that my Grandparents came here to help build 100 yrs ago . Best Wishes .
Yes I understand what you are saying, and why you feel the way you do.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 AM

I want to get something straight here, I am not saying I support the KKK and I am not saying I don't. Kee Ra ask a question and wants to hear an honest answer. and a honest answer he now has For those that don't want to believe their head offices are in Harrison look at the Klan's web site

Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,351,136 times
Let's see if a cast my lure out, and drive my boat around real slow pulling the lure,what am I doing???

Old 02-08-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Let's see if a cast my lure out, and drive my boat around real slow pulling the lure,what am I doing???
Fishing for the big one

Old 02-08-2008, 08:47 PM

564 posts, read 2,063,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Tee hee.

Sarcasm is wonderful. Almost like a drug.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,912 times
Default kkk

There is indeed a lot of kkk activity in harrison. If you go west of harrison appx 10 miles there is a large fenced in area with confederate battle flags posted every thrity feet. This is a large White sup. camp. the grand wizard lives in harriaon. There is still the unwriten rule of N!gger get out by sun down, in harrison. I am not taking a for or against side. but I have seen this in person.
I know some here try to play it down but it is real and there is a feeling of you do not belong here if you are not from here attitude in Harrison.
Just a bit north to branson and it is completey different feeling.
I did not see any baldknobers though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas