U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:14 AM

16 posts, read 10,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
Maggie, in your absence other people have "horned in on" your original thread, so you'll find some posts that have nothing to do with your original question.

Living in Bryant and Benton and working in North Little Rock would not be a fun commute (in my opinion).

Maumelle is an okay community but, there's only two ways in and out so traffic could be a nightmare during normal Community times (and by "nightmare" I'm talking about Arkansas nightmare traffic, not Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago traffic). Also you must be cognizant that some neighborhoods have lots of mosquitoes or smelly water. Friends of mine who live in Maumelle either get their children into Charter Schools or send them to private school.

Cabot was originally a "white flight" town (LR school desegregation), but it has grown up quite a bit ... but still full of boring chain restaurants, and commuting in/out during normal business hours can be a headache. Schools are okay for around here, but probably wouldn't compare to good Minneapolis public schools.

I don't believe you ever indicated your housing budget or what size house (number of bedrooms / square feet) you needed. Also whether you wanted to be in a city neighborhood or a "outside of town with a few acres" kind of place.
Thank you Regajohn,

My husband would be willing to drive a bit longer in order to live in an area with good public schools. What would you suggest within 35 minutes of North Little Rock (where his job would be)? We prefer public schooling because we like to be involved in the community. When we were at a charter school we found that to be more difficult because there were not other families in our neighborhood at our kids' school.

Our house just needs to be somewhere under 400K. We have four kids, and would have lots of out-of-town visitors, so 4-5 bedrooms would be best.

Thank you,
Maggie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 02:36 PM

466 posts, read 379,258 times
at last count, there were 9 elementary schools in the cabot school district and most of them are relatively new. (lots of families with kids in the area) it is less than the 35 min commute to nlr and you should be able to find a home in your price range and size.

i can't think of anyone i know in cabot, that sends their kids to a private school.

the commute to nlr is 15-20 mins on non-commute times and 20-30 mins during commute times. there is the interstate for most days, but there are several alternative routes for those "issue days."

while i own a home in west little rock and have never had an issue with crime, cabot is extremely safe compared to many areas of little rock.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:04 AM

16 posts, read 10,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
at last count, there were 9 elementary schools in the cabot school district and most of them are relatively new. (lots of families with kids in the area) it is less than the 35 min commute to nlr and you should be able to find a home in your price range and size.

i can't think of anyone i know in cabot, that sends their kids to a private school.

the commute to nlr is 15-20 mins on non-commute times and 20-30 mins during commute times. there is the interstate for most days, but there are several alternative routes for those "issue days."

while i own a home in west little rock and have never had an issue with crime, cabot is extremely safe compared to many areas of little rock.
Very helpful! Leaning toward Cabot now! With Benton still in 2nd place :-)

Old 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 677 times
US News has a pretty big list of the top schools in Arkansas, might be worth checking out: [url]https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/arkansas/rankings[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas