U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM

104 posts, read 401,475 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Hello Arkansa,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I will be leaving the military in about a year, I知 from Georgia but I知 thinking about maybe moving to another state. I have done a lot of research on Arkansa, but would like to know what the residents think. What are some good places (cities) to live? Things like crime, schools, economy, state taxes, cost of living, are all important but a couple of things I知 looking for as well is 塗ospitality, a sense of neighbor hood, and politeness. I知 looking for a place that has community events (festivals, parades, carnivals, fairs, concerts), with beautiful scenery, hunting, and fishing. I知 currently in the US Army serving in Iraq, I built power lines before I joined and I知 a (25L) Signal Corp Telecommunications Lineman inside the Army. I will be looking for work in the power lineman or telecommunications field when I separate from the military. My wife is a Registered Nurse (RN) and will be looking for a job as well. So any info on power companies, telephone companies, and hospitals in those areas would be greatly appreciated. Best place to raise a family? So what痴 your states 溺ayberry? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,993 times
Mtn. Home areas pretty good place. Lots of old people though. Don't know about lineman or telecom jobs, but RNs are being hired like crazy. Crime is not much of a problem. We have good fishing and hunting too.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM

104 posts, read 401,475 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Nelson View Post
Mtn. Home areas pretty good place. Lots of old people though. Don't know about lineman or telecom jobs, but RNs are being hired like crazy. Crime is not much of a problem. We have good fishing and hunting too.
Hey Capt, thanks Mnt Home looks nice. Statsiticly north Arkansa looks pretty good, I was always have been kinda shy of Ar. because I heard there was a lot of gangs and violence there (mainly little rock). I was kind of neighevie of how beautiful and bright it was up north. Looks like some good fishing too!!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 PM

6 posts, read 47,184 times
Check out Mountain View. We ROCK!!!!!!!! Wonderful place to live and raise a family. RN work should be easy to find. Don't know about the other! Check us out. Our Chamber of Commerce site is Mountain View Arkansas, Your Place in the Ozark Mountains.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM

61 posts, read 173,062 times
Wink Arkansas cities

I grew up in Texarkana AR It borders the State of TX. Close driving range to Dallas TX and Shreveport Lousiana. There are plenty of Churches for families to join, hunting in the surrounding areas. Its definitely a city on the come up. Plenty of Shopping and restaurants. The schools there on the AR side just started the magnet program which Ive heard very good things about. TX side schools have a good reputation. In the 20 + years Ive lived there we never had a tornado. Crime is low. People are polite. I loved growing up here because we were just good girls and boys playing out on the farms...never got into too much trouble. ; ) Ive never been to Mountain Home but just had an old school mate who moved there with her family and loves it. THere are great lakes and rivers there. It seems to be very small though. You might want to check out Fayetteville AR as well. Situated in the Ozark Mountains this CIty is very clean, fun, and gets beautiful fall foliage.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 AM

456 posts, read 1,425,736 times
Western/Northwest Arkansas is nice, so basically the mountainous areas. The rest of the state is completely worthless, especially, the E, SE, south, and southwest parts of the state....can we say hott and miserably humid

Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 PM

8,262 posts, read 15,964,314 times
Thank you for your service! You could do worse than Arkansas. Hunting and fishing paradise!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:11 PM

730 posts, read 1,969,869 times
If I could'nt live in Northwest Arkansas, I'm not sure I would want to live in Arkansas. It is a great place to raise children( a progressive Mayberry, Perhaps) I have also considered Little Rock simply because their is a vast job market for my ocupation. But thats about it. (IMO of course)

Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM

69,259 posts, read 79,447,244 times
All I know is from what we our granddaughter has to say about AR and what we have seen, visiting a few times. We have done research, listened to others and can't wait to relocate to the Bella Vista Area. Our granddaugher is a senior at Ar and has no desire to ever leave the NW part of the state even though she certainly wasn't raised there.

I would look closely at Bella Vista (getting younger by the day) Bentonville, and the surrounding areas. Lots of growth, good schools, good shopping, progressive medical facilities, mild weather and family oriented.
Nita

Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,854,459 times
There are plenty of other places I'd live besides LR or NWA if I could find a job in the smaller towns. Check out Harrison:
Harrison, Arkansas - Convention and Visitors Bureau - Your Guide to the Buffalo River and the Ozark Mountains
Harrison Regional Chamber of Commerce in the Arkansas Ozark Mountains near Branson, MO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or