U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,348 times

Advertisements

QUOTE=Lt. Dan;2803330]WHAT? Why hasnt anyone ever told me me there was another wine besides Boones Farm? Now I'm pi**ed![/quote] I think the other wine is Mad Dog 20 20

Old 02-18-2008, 06:02 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,964,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
QUOTE=Lt. Dan;2803330]WHAT? Why hasnt anyone ever told me me there was another wine besides Boones Farm? Now I'm pi**ed!
I think the other wine is Mad Dog 20 20 [/quote]
Now you tell me!!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,237,860 times
Moderator cut: edit I realize my question is a bit touchy, but if you lived what can be considered an alternative lifestyle and wanted to move to an area you are unfamiliar with, you'd want to know if you'd fit in. Actually, lifestyle doesn't matter if you were re-locating you'd want to fit in and know what you are getting yourself into. That's the point of asking questions. You hope to get an intelligent, informative answer so you can make an informed decision. Personally, I don't want to move to an area where I would offend the people living there. I'm not trying to turn the area I move to into another L.A., I'm moving away from L.A. for a reason, but it doesn't make sense to move someplace where I won't be happy. Moderator cut: no personal comments, please - debate the idea and not the speaker.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-19-2008 at 10:47 AM..

Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,964,314 times
CESpeed--you worry too much! Come to Arkansas, grab the first redneck, white boy you see and give him big, wet, juicy kiss right on the mouth and dare anyone to say anything! That way everyone will know that you dont give a rats a** what they think!!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,898,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
CESpeed--you worry too much! Come to Arkansas, grab the first redneck, white boy you see and give him big, wet, juicy kiss right on the mouth and dare anyone to say anything! That way everyone will know that you dont give a rats a** what they think!!
Lt. Dan...what a kidder!

CES - don't worry - you will find your way. I don't think it will be nearly as big of a hurdle as you imagine...and Arkansas is wide open. You will find a place to sink down your roots - if you truly love the land it will be duly noted. If nothing else, Arkansans are proud of their state!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:29 PM

430 posts, read 262,821 times
Wow, im from louisiana but I stumbled on this thread. i'll disregard that I dislike Arkansas and try to give u an honest answer(becuz u beat my LSU!!!) I kno all about Arkansas, and as a whole its one of those sadity states that has hidden villages and probably similar to Florida retirements lifestyles. In no way form or fashion can u compare Cali to Arkansas. This is the south interracial dating bothers people. More so if it was a blk man with a white woman.(I kno from experience)Arkansas is one of the worst. Some states in the south u can get away with this is Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana(except central Louisiana). The south is so bad with the racism so u be careful. And by the way, date all types of people don't limit yourself.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:22 AM

69,275 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Wow, im from louisiana but I stumbled on this thread. i'll disregard that I dislike Arkansas and try to give u an honest answer(becuz u beat my LSU!!!) I kno all about Arkansas, and as a whole its one of those sadity states that has hidden villages and probably similar to Florida retirements lifestyles. In no way form or fashion can u compare Cali to Arkansas. This is the south interracial dating bothers people. More so if it was a blk man with a white woman.(I kno from experience)Arkansas is one of the worst. Some states in the south u can get away with this is Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana(except central Louisiana). The south is so bad with the racism so u be careful. And by the way, date all types of people don't limit yourself.
I think you are generalizing way too much. Of course AR isn't Calif and yes, racism exists everywhere, maybe more so in the south, but I don't think it is any worse in AR than other places. There are pockets of AR that are still very backwards but this certainly isn't the entire state. My gut feeling is, your state is probably worse than AR. Yes, the Razorbacks did prevail didn't they?

Nita

Old 02-26-2008, 02:25 PM

739 posts, read 1,820,234 times
I'll give you a perspective as an elder white male/black female couple, married for 24 years.

In every city we've lived in, we've been cool, been able to blend in, and we've never had a problem.

On the other hand, we've never lived in a rural area unscathed. It comes out of nowhere when you least expect it. In a rural area, or small town, there's lots of them and only one of you. Think about what that could turn into, and do what you want with your life with your eyes open.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM

4 posts, read 10,135 times
Default I'm Black Dating White Man Also

Hello. I'm from L.A. and living in Little Rock. I'm a black woman and am dating a white man from New York. There are no real race issues here. Some people will look at you at first, but there are no true problems. You won't have trouble finding white men to date; just look for anyone who is not a native. There are plenty of professional transplants here.

Get ready to be bored here, though. There is very little culture and/or nightlife.

Good luck!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM

5,612 posts, read 13,237,860 times
Thank you for that information. It helps. I was already set to move there and take my chances. Your post makes me feel better about that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or