U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:02 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Gotcha, I know what you mean!
the humidity and temps in Fayetteville are going to be slightly lower than in Hot Springs. As for as the bugs, probably about the same. Will they bother you, who knows? lovvarkansas hit it right on. For me hot and humid is just that, but I see little difference in dry and humid heat when it gets above 90 degrees. Hot is still hot. I have been in Phoenix, Vegas, Laughlin and Dallas when it is hot, hot, hot; it is miserable and I have been outside here, when it is hot: it is also miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 09:23 AM

5,498 posts, read 5,155,447 times
the humidity and temps in Fayetteville are going to be slightly lower than in Hot Springs. As for as the bugs, probably about the same. Will they bother you, who knows? lovvarkansas hit it right on. For me hot and humid is just that, but I see little difference in dry and humid heat when it gets above 90 degrees. Hot is still hot. I have been in Phoenix, Vegas, Laughlin and Dallas when it is hot, hot, hot; it is miserable and I have been outside here, when it is hot: it is also miserable.

Yeah, hot is hot anywhere. It didn't seem ta bother me in Tucson, why should it bother me in NWA or Hot Springs? Today I will put a job application or maybe two in for jobs in my field in Arkansas and see what kind of a response I get. Who knows, maybe one will bite and we'll get ta move to AR sooner than later in retirement. My job here in SW Kansas isn't proving fruitful for me and I need ta get out of it right quick here.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Yeah, hot is hot anywhere. It didn't seem ta bother me in Tucson, why should it bother me in NWA or Hot Springs? Today I will put a job application or maybe two in for jobs in my field in Arkansas and see what kind of a response I get. Who knows, maybe one will bite and we'll get ta move to AR sooner than later in retirement. My job here in SW Kansas isn't proving fruitful for me and I need ta get out of it right quick here.
Good luck, keep us posted. Yes, if you could handle the summer heat in Tuscan you will be fine here.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:53 AM

506 posts, read 421,294 times
We lived in Hot Springs VILLAGE for nine years and loved it. The only reason we moved back to Texas is my husband got very sick and we didn't like the dentists or doctors in the village. But the climate was wonderful (three days of snow per winter) as was the wildlife (deer in your driveway in the fall and winter and not scrawny ones, either).
I want to say that massage therapists in Hot Springs are pretty common. I know this because my daughter dabbles in giving massages with a girlfriend. Where she lives (Lillian Brown Road) is infested with lowlifes , thieves, stray dogs and ex cons. If it isn't nailed down it's stolen. So if i had to move back we'd go directly to Hot Springs Village (which pretends to be gated; it's a joke) but the crime is minimal, the activities numerous, the scenery beautiful, the people are older and friendly. I really miss the village. Badly. And real estate prices are fairly low. Taxes are super cheap.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:44 PM

5 posts, read 5,636 times
Hot Springs is a lovely place to live in, if you can stand the heat. It can get pretty hot there, but that's pretty much the only negative that I can think of. It is a beautiful city and the people there are generally very friendly :-) Although, I do suppose that is true for most Southern cities.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 1,219 times
Default Garland County - Hot Springs

Hot Springs is bathing in crime right now. The western parts of the county have higher real estate values and seem to be doing well. I was going to move back to the area but prefer just to find a smaller town. I don't recommend the city limits if you have children. The last shooting was directly in the center of town at a gas station. Again the county is better.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:01 PM

85 posts, read 33,443 times
Last time I was in HS the blacks had very bad attitudes. Kids walking around with pants around their knees holding their crotches. Got some attitude at some of the low end park ave convince stores. Pushing past you like they wanted to start something. they need to get them under control.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
Last time I was in HS the blacks had very bad attitudes. Kids walking around with pants around their knees holding their crotches. Got some attitude at some of the low end park ave convince stores. Pushing past you like they wanted to start something. they need to get them under control.
You know I have to ask you; why are you even posting on the AR board? You seem to have a problem with the state or some parts of the state? You posted property sales are not doing well in HSV, and BV, you now are saying the blacks have an attitude problem in HS. I am sure anyone considering moving to AR period will be able to judge these things for themselves. As for kids wearing their pants down to their knees as you put it, this isn't new. In fact we sell less of this than we did 10 years ago. Reading some of your other posts it may not be AR you have a problem with, it might be minorities?

Last edited by nmnita; 09-21-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-23-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpinney View Post
The village is nice but HS is sketchy. Lots of the usual suspects giving attitude.
I have to agree, I do love the town for site seeing, but am not sure I would want to live there? I do remember the first time we visited AR was to spend a few days in HS. I thought, at that time I would love living there. Now, I am glad we made the choice we did.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:59 PM

14 posts, read 32,957 times
I looked into moving to Hot Springs myself. There are some good deals--whether lake condos or houses. However, I found it too remote. it is a good 20-25 min drive into Hot Springs. Theres a Wal-Mart in Hot Springs Village and a grocery store, but I think you would have to drive into Hot Springs for better shopping and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or