U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:02 AM

314 posts, read 78,197 times

Advertisements

Then please don't state that I said something that isn't true.

You, and all have a blessed, and safe Thanksgiving too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:13 AM

567 posts, read 114,659 times
All is well and good. We don't need a new thread, just need to forget the flag issue. It got us off track for a minute, but we can move on. No one here (except possibly the person who brought the flag up in the first place) has any malice.

It was all just a misunderstanding.

If anyone has any questions about moving to Arkansas, especially N Arkansas, this is a great place to ask them, as we have at least three people currently exploring the area, and at least three more living there.

Old Today, 10:19 AM

79 posts, read 53,292 times
mlulu23, read back to when all the flag stuff started. You didn't start the distraction. It was months ago. My comment goes back to the 1st flag comment, not you.

Old Today, 10:48 AM

And I have a photo of Mountain View up as a screen saver because of this thread. This one here:

https://images.fineartamerica.com/im...nnie-barry.jpg

It's so pretty there.

Old Today, 04:52 PM

That is a beautiful picture. We visited MV and it is as beautiful as the photo. The MV folks are real friendly as well in a chatty sort of way.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

I read every post of your thread, and when I got to the part you wrote about MV I researched it more since you had such nice things to say about it. You said you wanted to look into it further. I put photos of Mountain View in for the search terms, and up at the top where it says images there were all kinds of photos of the area. I spent a couple hours checking it out.

What ever happened to Flippin? Did you guys decide against it? I know you want the fishing really badly. I very much enjoyed the tour you gave us of the different areas, thank you.

Old Today, 05:46 PM

While MV is absolutely gorgeous, there are more fishing opportunities centered in Yellville. The White River, Buffalo River, Crooked Creek, and Bull Shoals lake would all be in my backyard in Yellville. Norfork and Beaver lakes are a short drive.

If you like blue grass music, MV is the place for you. I have friends that attend the festivals. I expect MV would be a regular trek for us to attend music festivals.

Yellville has a bit more to offer than Flippin for us. Even though Flippin has the super Walmart. And the Ranger boat factory is in Flippin and is amazing. We did the tour and I would love to find a part time retirement job at Ranger.

I consider Flippin, Yellville and Cotter are all the same area. All are very close to each other.

Old Today, 05:56 PM

Thank you for the rundown explorearkansas. It sounds like Yellville is ideal for you, right in the middle of everything that is important to you. Or within easy driving distance at least. How does your wife like it? Does it suit her needs too? Aside from the snakes, and ticks. You can be her brave snake killer, lol.

Old Today, 06:14 PM

I wish I could be sure. I believe she has mixed feelings. As a gal at work advised, keep visiting and it will all play out in time. One thing for sure, if she does not start to love it, I won't push her to move there. We will have to find another place .

There is allot going on right now. If you read my new trip 3 thread, you will see my four hopes for the upcoming turkey trip. Everything revolves around family. While snakes and spiders are not the biggest issues, they do make a good excuse.

Old Today, 07:12 PM

I understand, while it's perfect for you, if she isn't happy, and just moves there for you then you won't be in agreement. You'll have all the fishing you want, but she won't be truly happy. It's wonderful that you are sensitive to her feelings though. That makes for real dialog, and a better marriage. I respect that very much. Which one did she seem to lean toward? What does she need in an area, besides you? Or does she just want you to be happy?

Maybe you could set her down, look her in the eyes, and say "Honey, which one do you want?". Of course she might just say "Whatever you want dear." Lol.

I agree that visiting will help for her to know if the area will feel like home, or not. Maybe looking at some houses will make it more real also, and she can picture herself living there. But getting it out in the open for discussion is good too. You may think she feels one way, but she may really feel completely the opposite. My ex husband kept everything inside in his own private little world. Most of the time I had no idea what he was thinking. He wouldn't tell me.

I will look for your new thread. Thanks for inviting me. And I will try to behave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas