Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:06 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
All ya all are makin me crazy. I don't go back to North Arkansas until next March/April and I am already chompin at the bit. You bunch of enablers and taunters !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 07:28 AM

383 posts, read 394,167 times
We picked up some pamphlets and books while in Arkansas. As I now have time to leaf thru them, I find that the "Arkansas Adventure Guide" is excellent as it answers many of my questions about Parks and Rivers. It is online and worth the time of those considering Arkansas for it's outdoor offerings.

https://issuu.com/arkansas/docs/aag1...indersmallac4f

Enjoy!

Old 08-08-2016, 02:11 PM

215 posts, read 280,747 times
Nope. AR doesn't work for us. After two weeks in southern MO and northern AR (Mountain Home area) and viewing some of the most racist displays short of burning crosses we won't be moving there. It was probably the house in Salesville with Nazi flags all over it that tipped the scale.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,064,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ION1010 View Post
Nope. AR doesn't work for us. After two weeks in southern MO and northern AR (Mountain Home area) and viewing some of the most racist displays short of burning crosses we won't be moving there. It was probably the house in Salesville with Nazi flags all over it that tipped the scale.
Idiots are everywhere

I can't wait to see n/w Arkansas....

See people that wave at each other... Neighbors who know each other... People who respect others...

I can overlook weirdos... I'm from California where most people are weirdos

Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Idiots are everywhere

See people that wave at each other... Neighbors who know each other... People who respect others...

I agree that idiots are everywhere. Arkansas still honors freedom of speech which means the haters will show themselves. States that suppress freedom of expression keep the haters in the closet.

I guess I'd rather let them express themselves and show the world what they truly are. I would rather face my enemy than have a knife stuck in my back.

Coming from Illinois, I choose freedom as I have lived in prison long enough.

Still 1st impressions are lasting, I saw plenty of stuff in KY and AR that could drive me away if my regard for freedom were not so high.

K

Old 08-09-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
It is too bad you are judging NWA by what you say in Mountain Home which isn't the region most of us think of when we think NWA. I am surprised you saw that much racism, but there will always be some and there are people who are just plain ignorant everywhere, especially in very small, rural towns.
If I saw a home with Nazi flags, I would probably feel sorry for them, more than insulted. If I saw a whole block of homes with Nazi flags I would just keep on going and never go back.
Good luck finding a place that will work for you and remember, the is no place that is utopia.

Last edited by nmnita; 08-09-2016 at 06:50 AM..

Old 08-09-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Idiots are everywhere

From one Californian to another, you will feel like the " Norman Rockwell: paintings when you visit here. All the small town squares, the friendly people, the country side. Of course I am totally in love with living here as most know. But, I will add, you are right, there are always going to be weirdos and people filled with hatred. That is part of life. You mention respect: the first thing I noticed, after moving here was the respect kids show adults most of the time: they hold doors open, say excuse me an offer to help. It is amazing

Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,622,049 times
Quote:

Wow, I've lived in Jasper for almost a year and have never seen anything like that. Actual Nazi symbols? Numerous nazi flags...... all over the house? That would be shocking to see. However, it definitely doesn't represent the state.

One thing I can say about the area I live in, they are very welcoming to everyone. We have a lot of tourist come through here, so many races/nationalities. I even own a vacation rental cabin, and I always hear how nice everyone is to each other.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Wow, I've lived in Jasper for almost a year and have never seen anything like that. Actual Nazi symbols? Numerous nazi flags...... all over the house? That would be shocking to see. However, it definitely doesn't represent the state.

One thing I can say about the area I live in, they are very welcoming to everyone. We have a lot of tourist come through here, so many races/nationalities. I even own a vacation rental cabin, and I always hear how nice everyone is to each other.
I don't know about where you live, but I can say, for certain, we have a lot of people from Iowa living here. Iowa is where ION1010 if from.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 PM

I saw no such symbols on our one week tour of AR. We hit:

Mountain Home
Bull Shoals
Eureka Springs
Flippin
Yellville
Mountain View
Morrilton
Toad Suck

and many more towns I can't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas