Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
We decided to make another trip down to AR next March or April. I'm looking at renting a cabin on the White down near Flippin. I figure we will stay a few days and hire a guide for a day on the river. Then I want to head west to check out Berryville and Harrison areas. Do ya all have any input on expected weather at the end of March, or early April?

K
should just be beginning to warm up but still a little nippy. We have even had snow in April more than once. I am not sure you will want to spend any time on the river that early. The nice part, the trees should be in bloom about then. We usually are starting to plan our garden about that time but rarely get anything in the ground until mid April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 12:32 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
It was very cold and windy with snow flurries the day I interviewed in Bentonville last March.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:21 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Depends on the year.

The first year I was here ( 2012) I went for my daily walks bareback many days in March.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:21 PM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
Quote:
We decided to make another trip down to AR next March or April. I'm looking at renting a cabin on the White down near Flippin. I figure we will stay a few days and hire a guide for a day on the river. Then I want to head west to check out Berryville and Harrison areas. Do ya all have any input on expected weather at the end of March, or early April?

K
Late March and early April should be prime time for fishing. That and fall are my favorite times of year.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:37 PM

383 posts, read 399,557 times
Thanks for the replies. I'll reserve for 1st part of April. Not sure I can stand to wait any longer. I'd go back now if I could swing it.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:14 PM

I started looking at places to stay near Flippin on the White. Looking for two nights with one day guided fishing. Any of you had any experiences with: ??

White River Campground and Cabins
Wildcat Shoals Resort
Rainbow Drive Resort
Blue Heron Campground

This will be the start of the early April trip.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Old 09-19-2016, 06:25 PM

Found a little spot south of Yellville called Silver Run Cabins. Its fairly close to the Buffalo. Now I just need to locate a guide to take us out for a day or two. It's been fifteen years since I waded a stream. I'm already looking at gear.

After this summers whirlwind tour, it will be nice to stop for a spell and just take in one location. DW seems to take a liking to Flippin area. Me, not feeling picky as long as it includes flowing water.

Kevin

Old 09-19-2016, 07:27 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Found a little spot south of Yellville called Silver Run Cabins. Its fairly close to the Buffalo. Now I just need to locate a guide to take us out for a day or two. It's been fifteen years since I waded a stream. I'm already looking at gear.

After this summers whirlwind tour, it will be nice to stop for a spell and just take in one location. DW seems to take a liking to Flippin area. Me, not feeling picky as long as it includes flowing water.

Kevin
Flippin area is one of my favorite areas.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 AM

92 posts, read 229,819 times
If you're near Yellville check out the Front Porch restaurant. We've loved it each time we've stopped in!

Old 09-22-2016, 05:10 PM

I'm sure DW will be willing to take your recommendation for a trial run .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas