U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Pine Bluff get better or worse between now and five years from now?
It will get better 2 12.50%
It will get worse 11 68.75%
It will remain about the same 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 AM

183 posts, read 83,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you do realize this post is almost 2 years old don't you? And things have not improved. As for your comments about New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit they are simply not true, especially Chicago and New Orleans.NOLA has always had it's positive areas as well as negative and really only took a truly downward turn when Katrina almost totally wiped the city off the map. Also you need to consider, you are trying to compare huge, metro cities with small or mid sized towns. There is a huge difference.
Positive areas of New Orleans? Surely not New Orleans Proper, but New Orleans METRO, yes. True, comparing larger cities to small towns may be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:13 AM

1,545 posts, read 952,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patois View Post
Positive areas of New Orleans? Surely not New Orleans Proper, but New Orleans METRO, yes. True, comparing larger cities to small towns may be an issue.
You obviously don't know what the New Orleans metro area is, just as you didn't know what the westbank was when I mentioned it. Although I'm sure you lived there 5 times in 8 different locations.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:18 AM

Default Pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
You obviously don't know what the New Orleans metro area is, just as you didn't know what the westbank was when I mentioned it. Although I'm sure you lived there 5 times in 8 different locations.
I know the Westbank. It's a DIVE. It looks like Southeast Texas from Gretna to Terrytown to the Storage Post where I once had my furniture... and beyond. Who said I didn't understand? I COULD post my driver's license, but you're not even worth the effort. Keep e-stalking me...I hope you're learning a thing or two, ma'am. Your sarcasm is NO refreshing.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
F.Y.I., New Orleanians wouldn't even consider you as being from New Orleans. Please SIT DOWN, bebe. This is NOt a personal attack...just facts. Moreover, Lakeview/ parts of City Park/Bayou St. John area are nice. Parts of Gentilly are quiet, but not without the occasional rukus.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
F.Y.I., New Orleanians wouldn't even consider you as being from New Orleans. Please SIT DOWN, bebe. This is NOt a personal attack...just facts. Moreover, Lakeview/ parts of City Park/Bayou St. John area are nice. Parts of Gentilly are quiet, but not without the occasional rukus.
I was born and raised there.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:32 AM

Default The specifics...

Quote:
I was born and raised there.

Then why claim to be from the Westbank. You point out that you assess that something is "unright" about ME, but you're the one not making true statements. I can't stand a hypocrite, but I won't bash you for it because as someone like myself who has been so many places that I'm practically a transplant in my own hometown, I say that I am "from" a particular place just to be able to avoid having to explain anything. (it literally gets tiring with folks in different locales) You should see the look on people's faces when I went wine-tasting in the Willamette Valley, OR and they'd ask "Where are you from?" and I'd say I'm from Louisiana traveling from California...i guess its confounding for some? ...So let me get this straight: You were born in New Orleans PROPER, but the Westbank was one of the latest places you'd lived before you went to North Central Arkansas? In that case, I can totally understand you claiming both interchangeably...just like one simply cannot TELL a Saint Bernard Parish native dat they ain't from NOLA. (LOL they won't let you)

Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Then why claim to be from the Westbank. You point out that you assess that something is "unright" about ME, but you're the one not making true statements. I can't stand a hypocrite, but I won't bash you for it because as someone like myself who has been so many places that I'm practically a transplant in my own hometown, I say that I am "from" a particular place just to be able to avoid having to explain anything. (it literally gets tiring with folks in different locales) You should see the look on people's faces when I went wine-tasting in the Willamette Valley, OR and they'd ask "Where are you from?" and I'd say I'm from Louisiana traveling from California...i guess its confounding for some? ...So let me get this straight: You were born in New Orleans PROPER, but the Westbank was one of the latest places you'd lived before you went to North Central Arkansas? In that case, I can totally understand you claiming both interchangeably...just like one simply cannot TELL a Saint Bernard Parish native dat they ain't from NOLA. (LOL they won't let you)

I was born and raised on the westbank, which is part of the New Orleans metro area.

You seem rather impressed with yourself though. As you were.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I was born and raised on the westbank, which is part of the New Orleans metro area.

You seem rather impressed with yourself though. As you were.
Impressed? LOL Not. Don't you understand the difference between the terms "proper" and "metro." Being from New Orleans proper means your zip code is NEW ORLEANS. Being from any of the outside towns doesn't count. That's suburban NOLA/ NOLA METRO. sheesh. They are waaaay different. Come on, nah ! Get with the program. lol

Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Impressed? LOL Not. Don't you understand the difference between the terms "proper" and "metro." Being from New Orleans proper means your zip code is NEW ORLEANS. Being from any of the outside towns doesn't count. That's suburban NOLA/ NOLA METRO. sheesh. They are waaaay different. Come on, nah ! Get with the program. lol
I've never once used the term New Orleans proper. You're the only person I've heard use that term to describe parts of NOLA. Locals don't use those terms.

Last edited by Hollynla; 01-10-2018 at 07:12 AM..

Old 01-10-2018, 07:18 AM

Default Nola and Environs

Quote:
I've never once used the term New Orleans proper. I've also never once heard anyone from New Orleans use that term.
Education is not the city/parish's priority, nor strong point, so of course locals wouldn't use that term. (I'm from Acadiana anyway...only lived in New Orleans for a very interesting chapter of my life.) One of my exes (a native of Algiers and graduate at Loyola) gave me the rundown while I was living there. Even before that experience, I recognized the difference...I mean, just "look" at it. The Westbank and New Orleans developed at different eras/styles...the infrastructure ain't even the same. That's why I compared the Westbank to southeast Texas. If you dropped someone in the middle of Gretna that was from The Golden Triangle, they'd swear they were probably a couple miles from home... (I would know) The only similarity is the people. Now, I will NOT claim to know New Orleans in its entirety, but I know much of the city/parish itself. As far as the "metro" area, I've never messed with Causeway (the radio literally ALWAYS had reports of serious backups and wrecks.) And Mandeville/Covington is supposedly Klan turf, so that's out. (I'm a minority.) LOL But much of Metairie, chunks of the Westbank, Uptown, Treme, Seventh Ward, Gentilly, and SOME of the East, etc, I pretty much know about. My neighbor on Dryades Street was Diana Bajoie's 1st cousin, and "Lucille" brought me all around to lil dive bars like 'the low ceiling,' etc. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas