U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2008, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 13,256,580 times
Reputation: 3740

Advertisements

I'm scratching the Teach for America thing. I've discovered that the Board of Education for the State of Arkansas has a similar program. So I can pretty much go anywhere in the State. I'm curently investigating the ones already in this thread. But I haven't actually decided whether to teach or stay in social services. But I'm definitely leaning towards teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
452 posts, read 1,492,846 times
Reputation: 281
I'm hoping you're still planning on making it to Hot Springs. From my personal experience with our SS Dept here, they need all the help they can get. Short handed for sure and that means some of the little fellas who need help will fall thru the cracks.


I could go on and on....suffice it to say....can't wait to meet you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 13,256,580 times
Reputation: 3740
Absolutely. I've decided to keep the Little Rock Metro in mind, but I've pratically moved to Hot Springs. Everytime I do research, I keep coming up with more and more reasons to come.

Last edited by CESpeed; 03-19-2008 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
 
Location: The Great State of Arkansas
5,981 posts, read 15,926,232 times
Reputation: 7531
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Absolutely. I've decided to keep the Little Rock Metro in mind but I've pracitcally moved to Hot Springs. Everytime I do research, I keep coming up with more and more reasons to come.

Well, we'll just have to have old home week when you finally get here!...If I take the back roads I'm an hour from HS. Or so. Anyway, definitely close enough for the meet and greet.

I've met Freddy Boy, who posted some here - he's moved to Russellville and we had dinner together and are planning another one soon. Meeting the folks from CD so far has been great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 13,256,580 times
Reputation: 3740
Default Look Out, Arkansas! Here I Come!

Oh, Sam. Absolutely. We must have lunch. You, too, Arkelee. And Luv, Nmita and anyone else who wants to. In fact, when I move there, I'm having a big dinner party and everyone is invited! I am sooo grateful to everyone here who so very patiently put up with all of my posts and questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,443 posts, read 79,677,903 times
Reputation: 38752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Oh, Sam. Absolutely. We must have lunch. You, too, Arkelee. And Luv, Nmita and anyone else who wants to. In fact, when I move there, I'm having a big dinner party and everyone is invited! I am sooo grateful to everyone here who so very patiently put up with all of my posts and questions.
count me in, but you will all have to come see me as well. Our house actually goes on the market this Saturday, ready or not. I am tired of waiting.

WHile you have been suffering with flooding, we have had a horribly cold winter so our house progress has been slowed a little. Then hubby had a couple of melanomas removed (they haven't spead at all, thank god) so it has been back and forth of see doctors. It looks like things have settled down, tomorrow I will clean the office and Friday it is wash window day. The we are all set I hope.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 13,256,580 times
Reputation: 3740
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
count me in, but you will all have to come see me as well. Our house actually goes on the market this Saturday, ready or not. I am tired of waiting.

WHile you have been suffering with flooding, we have had a horribly cold winter so our house progress has been slowed a little. Then hubby had a couple of melanomas removed (they haven't spead at all, thank god) so it has been back and forth of see doctors. It looks like things have settled down, tomorrow I will clean the office and Friday it is wash window day. The we are all set I hope.

Nita
I understand the feeling. I'm trying to hit the lottery so I don't have to wait until next year. I'm really glad to hear that your husband is okay. I hope you mind a bit of unsolicited advice: If your house doesn't sell within a certain time frame, try rent with the option to buy. Some people can afford that better, but then, you'd be stuck with the responsibility of having out-of -state property which can be a drag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
452 posts, read 1,492,846 times
Reputation: 281
I NEED TO KNOW...NMNITA...where ARE YOU in my home state??? I left NM in '71. Enjoy going back to visit but I cannot imagine living in Hobbs again...my sis calls it "the hemmroid of America" and SHE'S doing very well there. Unless the fires get started again.

I'll be up for anybody's cooking but my own once the california kid gets here. I CAN do dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,443 posts, read 79,677,903 times
Reputation: 38752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I understand the feeling. I'm trying to hit the lottery so I don't have to wait until next year. I'm really glad to hear that your husband is okay. I hope you mind a bit of unsolicited advice: If your house doesn't sell within a certain time frame, try rent with the option to buy. Some people can afford that better, but then, you'd be stuck with the responsibility of having out-of -state property which can be a drag.
thanks we have thought about that, but for the reason you are saying, I don't know if I want to give it a try or not. We did this when we moved from Glendora, Calif to the Washington DC area in the early 80s. Of course it didn't pan out, the company I worked for at the time (I was a realtor) in Calif were supposedly taking care of everything and still the house was thrashed. We have a neighbor here who has kids that are military. They moved from NM to Calif about 4 years ago, rented their place. They have just finished putting about $10,000 into repairs. I think it is just to risky, but we will see.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,443 posts, read 79,677,903 times
Reputation: 38752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkLexee View Post
I NEED TO KNOW...NMNITA...where ARE YOU in my home state??? I left NM in '71. Enjoy going back to visit but I cannot imagine living in Hobbs again...my sis calls it "the hemmroid of America" and SHE'S doing very well there. Unless the fires get started again.

I'll be up for anybody's cooking but my own once the california kid gets here. I CAN do dessert.
Everyone has his/her own idea as to what your home town should be and ours is not in NM. We are in Belen, about 35 south of Albuquerque. Actually we are 5 miles east of Belen. The weather minus the winds is awesome, the sunset and sunrise make us really know God created this place and our neighbors are the best in the world. everything else sucks. Well, not everything, but it just isn't our cup of tea. Of course we miss our family as well so our move is two fold. One is to be closer to them, the other is to move to a state and area that is more like what we had hoped we would find here. You know we researched, we visited, we talked to people and still, after 7 years it just isn't a good match. There is no doubt in our minds NWA will suit us.

The one thing that has been the hardest for us is seeing how lazy everyone around here is. Well, obviously not everybody, but 75% of them.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top