Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,143 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Arkansas somewhere that is not one of the bigger cities. I work from home and have to have cable internet or Fios. Does Mountain View have internet that is cable or Fios available? I ask because I live in a rural area in New York and I had to have cable run to my home at an exorbitant price and I cannot do that again. Also any other information about living in Arkansas would be great, looking for north of Hot Springs. Thank you so much for any information at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 09:03 AM

141 posts, read 171,586 times
Yelcot is the provider for Mountain View, you can search for them. Check out broadbandmap.gov if you haven't already. You can plug in an address, click "show wired" and you can see what is available. That data isn't completely accurate, but it can give you a general idea. Fios is strictly a Verizon product and I don't believe you will find it anywhere in AR.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:57 AM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
My wife and I both work from home offices. i accepted a transfer to Hot Springs three years ago to escape the DFW rat race. We hoped to find a place on a few acres, but everything we looked at that was the slightest bit rural had no internet service at all. Even many parts of town had no internet service.

Then we started looking in Hot Springs Village. It was the right fit for us, gated community with a sense of security, recreational opportunities of all kinds, and ver important for us it has high speed internet available in every home.

Our provider is Suddenlink, cable internet. We have a 50 Mbps service that is only $10 a month more than the basic service. We have been very happy with our internet service here.

I hope you find something similar in the Mountain View area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas