U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM

14 posts, read 44,870 times

Advertisements

In Eureka Springs AR there is a beautiful, old, historic hotel that is haunted. The Crescent Hotel. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly a long time ago before it was a hotel, it was a cancer treatment center. The doctor there promised sick people he could cure them of cancer, but he didn't. Instead he experimented on them. I saw this on Ghost Hunters and heard talk about it on Coast to Coast radio. One of these days I'll make it to the Eureka Springs area and check it out.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:08 PM

686 posts, read 3,419,543 times
That place sounds creepy!!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 AM

7 posts, read 20,518 times
I've been in the Crescent and I tell you one thing...I felt it! Creepy, creeepy!!! When I walked into the lobby, I was drawn towards the huge fireplace..I felt that it was significant for some reason....I went over to it...and noticed on the mantel, a carving relief of a demonic 'bat owl' in the mantel...Here's some links I found that some people took of the fireplace.

Picasa Web Albums - Michigan's Otherside - Crescent Hotel

Picasa Web Albums - Michigan's Otherside - Crescent Hotel

Last edited by cherokeehippie; 03-10-2008 at 01:04 AM..

Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM

686 posts, read 3,419,543 times
My god, I took a look at those pictures and I could feel the creepiness overwhelm me. That is one FREAKY fireplace. Glad to see it though.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM

730 posts, read 1,969,567 times
Default Speaking of Eureka Springs ghosts......

Have any of you taken either the Cresent Hotel ghost tour or the Eureka Springs Ghost tour? I'm thinking of taking one of these over spring break.Was wondering if they were worth it.

Can't take a full vacation from work until the fall, so I thought I might do some fun local things spring break week.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM

1,189 posts, read 3,551,547 times
The former physics department chair at HSU has seen the Gurdon light many times and given presentations about it.

Linky:

The Gurdon Light in Arkansas - Associated Content

Nashville Leader Online (http://www.nashvilleleader.com/articles/2006/09/27/news/02news.txt - broken link)

I went with a few of my friends once and didn't see anything, but supposedly the conditions weren't right. The graveyard is kind of odd, but not terribly creepy...only a few plots just thrown in some woods and but forgotten about. The scariest part was trying to negotiate the dilapidated railroad bridges in the dark.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
j1n

1,233 posts, read 4,041,183 times
Hey...
I lived in Maumelle for 2 months or so back in 1990. The house I was living in was situated on top of a high point above town. There was some seriously wierd stuff going on there...a cold spot in the downstairs living area, the sound of dogs nails clicking as they ran of a couple of flights of wooden stairs, vacuum cleaners running in the middle of the night, etc.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:25 PM

1,238 posts, read 3,965,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
Have any of you taken either the Cresent Hotel ghost tour or the Eureka Springs Ghost tour? I'm thinking of taking one of these over spring break.Was wondering if they were worth it.

Can't take a full vacation from work until the fall, so I thought I might do some fun local things spring break week.
I have been on the Crescent Hotel tour, and it is worth it. However, I suggest you choose a time or day when the tour will be less crowded, as you get to see more and hear more stories with a smaller group. It's especially interesting when they point out a room with a "past" and someone in the group realizes that's where THEY are staying! We were staying at the hotel and I had a difficult time falling asleep-I'm not usually creeped out, but that place has so much history. My husband swears he heard something growl at him when we were in the basement/former morgue. Then the guide told him a pair of St. Bernards used to live on the grounds and hung out there because the concrete floor stayed cool. Just touring the guts of the hotel is pretty neat.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,467 times
Default ghost hunting

there are several places to go if you are bored...and you can't do it all in one night!!! in fayetteville there is the confederate cemetary...everytime i go i see something. there is also the superior house, tilly willy bridge and house..but the house is no longer there...just the remains of the chimney...alot of people don't know where it is but i can tell anyone who wants to know...there is also the 420 house in farmington...the water runs up hill....FREAKY....there is supposed to be an old school in bethel heights i have yet to find it....there is the light in seneca missouri....its pretty cool...Mt. sequioia (spelling is off) is supposed to be haunted...there is alot more if you want to know about any of them or if you want any directions just let me know....

Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 PM

1,491 posts, read 4,545,511 times
The 'ghost tour' of the Crescent Hotel is just fascinating! I can't believe no one has made a movie about the evil Dr. Baker (quack) that 'treated' patients there and incinerated them. If they don't haunt that place, they should! The records of his trial were sealed 50 years....and the 50 years will be up next year. Do hope there will be some books come out then with more informaton about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or