Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:11 AM

795 posts, read 2,298,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeehippie View Post
When I walked into the lobby, I was drawn towards the huge fireplace.
Nurse Nancy! throw that fresh corups delecti on, I be getting a chill!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,812 times
Default I need info..

where EXACTLY are these places. I live in Johnson County and I dont recall a church w/ a house in front of it. Or is the house across the road from the church? Im not clear on that. And the cemetary, is Eureka St. where it is located? I would like to check these places out sometime.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM

452 posts, read 1,640,086 times
Most Haunted in NW AR

1. Ghost Hollow near confederate cemetery

2. Tilly Willy Bridge (Fayetteville)

3. Crecent Hotel

4. Old Main-U of A

5. Memorial (old) Union University of Arkansas

6. Old Courthouse (Fayetteville)

7.Prairie Grove Battlefield

Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 PM

10 posts, read 33,366 times
There is this mill or something that is by my house and there is a car in there but when you open the garage there is nothing...and at night on halloween we celebrate it.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,397 times
The 51st annex at UAFS is haunted.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 19,380 times
I have sat and waited on the crosset light turns out to be swamp gas. The fouk monster is BS.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annzee74 View Post
I have sat and waited on the crosset light turns out to be swamp gas. The fouk monster is BS.
Whats a fouk monster? Have you ever gone snipe hunting? I could tell you a spot.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:00 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Default Personal haunting

Since it's October, and Halloween is coming, I thought I'd throw in our ghost experience here.

I live just off the peak of a big ol' hill, a lot of folks call it a mountain, but it's just part of the foothills.

About 300 yards toward the peak from my front door, is a pioneer cemetary, enclosed with a chain-link fence, and in it are the original homesteaders from the early-mid 1800's, many still-born and infant children from the 1800's through just into the 20th century, civil war dead, WW1 dead, and people in between.

It is prominant from my front deck, located on my neighbors farm, and his house is about 1/4 mile down the other side of the peak.

A while back, Mrs. RogMar and I had awakened in the wee hours of morning, and took our coffee to the front deck to view stars whilst getting caffienenated.

In the quiet of the country night, we heard a dog crying, coming from the cemetary. It lasted until it started to get light.

We thought that was strange.

About 4 days later, up early again, this scenario was repeated, and the dog cried until first light.

The next day, I saw my neighbor in town, and mentioned this. He got a surprised look on his face and said, "You've heard that too?".

When I affirmed this, my usually semi-calm cajun neighbor began babbleing about how it was happening every morning, had been going on for awhile, and he was worried it was a hurt pup.

He always gets up before sunrise, so I of course took him as a reference.

So, one night after making sure a new bottle of bourbon was truely up to Jim Beam's standards, I made the commitment to find this dog.

Ya know, we've all made such great decisions at those times.

I set the alarm for 4:00 A.M., got up, chugged down some coffee, grabbed a rifle and a spotlight, and went outside....sure enough...dog crying.

Got in the truck, and drove up to the cemetary.

Got out of the truck......no dog crying.

Went into the cemetary (Uh..yeah...I *was* scared), and looked around....nothing.

Got up on the cab of the truck and scanned the area....nothing.

Went back to the house, got out of the truck, and I hear the dog crying.

I've been up there on foot twice since, and so has my neighbor. He even went so far as to drag a harrow rake around the perimeter of the cemetary to have a fresh dirt bed for prints, gone up when the dog is crying, and has found pretty much everything that lives around here but a dog.

When one approaches on foot, it quits when you get about 25 yards from the cemetary.

Is this the slyest dog in the world, that's able to leap over 20 feet of roughed up dirt?

Or is it the ghost of some dog missing it's long-dead companion?

I recalled the hell hounds that Robert Johnson made famous. Had someone in there been to the "crossroads" in their day?

I don't know. Both my neighbor and I and our wives have scouted the far-out perimeter to make sure it's really coming from where we think it is, and we're drop-dead sure of that.

With the late hour of sunrise recently we've had a lot of opportunity to hear it, and it remains a mystery.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 AM

The 51st annex at UAFS used to be a nursing home with a very bad reputation. It was well deserved too, I know because I had to work at the hell hole for a while.
One night one of the call lights in an empty room starting going off by itself. We were talking about it and we thought on of the patients had maybe snuck in and turned it on then left. Some of the nurses were joking about it being haunted so I went in the room and turned off the light and said hey if there is a ghost in here make something float or something. Nothing happened of course, until I walked out of the room. The very instant I stepped out the door into the hallway the light went back off and it wouldn't go off for the entire rest of the shift, we even tried duck tape. True story.
Anyone want to see a picture of the 51st annex, it has a very strange architecture.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 AM

4 posts, read 15,942 times
i live just to the west of the Prairie Grove Battlefield Park and our home lives on part of the origional battlefield itsself. The Confederate Army was stationed where our house is built. The Battlefield Park IS definately haunted as is my home and the grounds our house is on. We have a 6ft civil war soldier who walks through our home and a little girl who calls for her momma. My husband has heard this little girl and asked me if i heard our daughter hollering for me to which i've said no and our daughter has said she has not called for me. Our youngest son has seen this little girl walking down our hallway in a long old-fashioned white nightgown. I and my children have seen a whole artillary line for the confederates in our backyard when my youngest son got the brilliant idea to camp out in our backyard. An electrical storm was fast approaching but the storm was not what caused us to flee to the inside of the house but the artillary line and the soldiers poised to shoot that appeared just shortly after midnight. Also during another strong electrical storm i've witnessed thousands of colored dancing orbs across the street coming up over the back of the schools and dancing in their parking lot. I've also heard on more than one occasion indian windpipe music and also old-time calyopee (sp) music. The occasional door slam with no one there, lights being turned off and on, objects mysteriously disappearing only to appear in other places in the house when no one has touched them so and so forth that happen in our house.

Last edited by ProudTigerMom; 01-22-2009 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas