U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,102,756 times

Advertisements

Our house is haunted by "Betty". She lived here from the time it was new until she died a few years ago and we consider her a friendly ghost checking to see if we are properly maintaining "her" home. We are. We hear foot-steps and a hall door will open when we are nowhere nearby. We no longer pay any attention to her.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 PM

3,989 posts, read 3,865,821 times
During college, it was a fun to drive down to Crossett and see the light. It never failed to disappoint.

If anyone is familiar with the Monticello area, the large house on the west side of the road (link to Google Maps - Link ) as you leave town was the last house I and some of my fraternity brothers lived in. It was a very, very nice house but for some reason wouldn't sell so they would rent it out to college kids. I never had issues with the house but one of my summer roommates did. He stayed in the upstairs nursery where allegedly a set of twins died. My other roommate's upstairs room had an opening to the attic. It creeped him out so he put a large dresser in front of it. I don't think he ever opened the little door.

One night it was just me and "creeped out" roomy staying there. I heard a commotion upstairs. Running back and forth. Finally, I started to see light as he flipped the switches on the way downstairs. He runs into my room carrying a rifle and says "Did you just walk past my door?" I told him "no". He replied, "OK. I'm going back to bed." I layed awake the rest of the night wondering about what was going on.

Finally, this house was one of the only houses in town that had a basement. It was damp and musty or we would have crammed another 4 guys down there and lowered our rent even more. A week after we moved out, one of your brothers who grew up in Monticello broke the news to us. We had just moved out of the old funeral home. The basement was the embalming and storage area. I'm getting a chill up my spine as I type this.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 AM

3 posts, read 2,819 times
I Know there is an old hotel in Chester that is haunted

Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM

29 posts, read 60,368 times
Ghosts arent real people, but whatever.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,365,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Ghosts arent real people, but whatever.
Au contraire, mon Frere.

Live for awhile on property with a settler cemetery on it and your view will quickly change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or