U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 AM

Location: most of the time in the truck i do own a couple of property in hot springs
3 posts, read 7,262 times

Advertisements

hello
im a cali trans plant
an have some insight
for you an maybe a idea about nice living spot
im a truck driver an am only in town 3-5 times a year
i used to live in willits ca before coming over here
ill be there for 2 weeks 4/21 5/5
give me a call if you want to talk
Moderator cut: edit Thanks Christos

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-01-2008 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: please don't put your personal info on the net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,649 times
Hi, we also are thinking about moving to Hot Springs after living in the LA area of Calif. and also in Santa Margarita, CA we moved to Florence, OR a few years back and it is lovely there in the summer but we couldn't handle the 28 days of rain per month in the winter so we are wintering in Georgetown, TX, we were planning to make TX our permanent home, we are retired - 66 yrs. young but discovered TX has horrible property taxes so TX is out. We took a recent trip to Hot Springs after researching many states, it is lovely there, not too much traffic and we love the trees, like OR, we looked at Hot Springs Village and it looks like that will be our next home, it is 26,000 acres of community with all the amenities, it costs $32 a month for HOA and everything costs to use it but I would rather do that than not use the facilities and pay a large HOA, they have 12 lakes, 9 golf courses, 20 miles of walking, biking, golf cart paths and it is a gated community so no crime, even so they have their own police. All the shopping you need is just outside the gate and if you really need more you can go the 15 min. down the road to Hot Springs. You can get a nice home for $200,000, property taxes are low and they have lots from .25 of an acre on up to over an acre, there is still a lot of lots for sale if you want to build from $4500 on up to 50,000 for a lakefront property. It is not a retirement community but most of the people who live there are in their 60's - they have all the clubs, restaurants etc. you might want, my husband is looking forward to the ping pong club and I am interested in the dance and bridge club, they have a garden club that might be interesting also, since they come from all states to live there I don't think there would be a problem with fitting in. Check it out if you get to Hot Springs - Now if we could just sell our house in Or.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:10 PM

113 posts, read 561,416 times
Default Hot Springs Ark.

There used to be a very nice furnished motel next to the HS municipal airport I enjoyed staying at years ago.., the only motel I've ever stayed at with kitchen utinsels in each room.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:22 PM

5 posts, read 12,133 times
Smile HS since May

Hi, folks! it's been four months since escrow closed on a great house on Lakeshore Drive, and we know we made the right decision. Hot Springs is a perfect place to live, the neighbors are as friendly and helpful as can be, people in town are just too nice, joggers and bikers wave and stop to talk.... a nice change from California, for sure.

So...... thanks for all the input, which really helped us to find what we were looking for.

All the best<
peter
hsinmay

Old 09-17-2008, 03:00 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,898,310 times
HS -

Welcome to Arkansas, and we're so glad you've found what you were looking for! Please hang around and give your perspective to other newcomers.

P.S. Need to change that location on your screen info, though!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:44 PM

16 posts, read 37,603 times
Default Congratulations

HSinMay, sounds like you closed the deal. We are 12 years out but I am a consumate planner and wopuldn't mind tying up a bit of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or