U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-23-2017, 08:27 AM
 
36,212 posts, read 19,781,573 times
Reputation: 10812

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have mixed feelings about planned parenthood as we have discussed time and time again on cd. I do not think the intent is to close them down, just not to use tax payers money to support them.

as for the marches voting; my personal feeling is: many of the marches were getting paid to march but I do not know that for a fact; even if they were not, I do feel very strongly many did not vote. People often demonstrate is many ways but do not bother to vote, sometimes it is simply because they neglected to register.
The intent is to limit women's healthcare choices.

And again, if they care enough to get out and march, they care enough to vote. Your opinion doesn't make any sense.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2017, 08:48 AM
 
3,516 posts, read 1,107,692 times
Reputation: 6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The intent is to limit women's healthcare choices.

And again, if they care enough to get out and march, they care enough to vote. Your opinion doesn't make any sense.
"they care enough to vote "..


Maybe they did vote two months ago.


The election has been decided !
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 AM
 
36,212 posts, read 19,781,573 times
Reputation: 10812
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
"they care enough to vote "..


Maybe they did vote two months ago.


The election has been decided !
Yes, the election has been decided. And the new President took office, and is already taking steps to implement his policies. The time to let him know WHO his policies will impact, and WHAT the people want those policies to be...is NOW.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 10:05 AM
 
3,516 posts, read 1,107,692 times
Reputation: 6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, the election has been decided. And the new President took office, and is already taking steps to implement his policies. The time to let him know WHO his policies will impact, and WHAT the people want those policies to be...is NOW.
You don't cater to the people who voted against you.


Recipe for a one term presidency.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 AM
 
36,212 posts, read 19,781,573 times
Reputation: 10812
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
You don't cater to the people who voted against you.


Recipe for a one term presidency.
You craft policy that is for the good of the people. And when policy is not good for women, it's not good for the people.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 10:31 AM
 
3,516 posts, read 1,107,692 times
Reputation: 6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You craft policy that is for the good of the people. And when policy is not good for women, it's not good for the people.
Many women are not Pro Choice.
Many women believe Planned Parenthood should get their funding cut off until they get out of the abortion business.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Van Buren, Arkansas
172 posts, read 72,139 times
Reputation: 156
For those of you who are pro march, pro funding of abortion, and Planned Parenthood. Would you also be in favor of government paid medical services for men? Say, colon and other cancer screenings, free male birth control, therapy for wives bothering me during the football games?

If you say no, then why pay for only women's needs- especially when most (if not all) insurance companies cover women's issues? If you say yes, why must taxpayers pay for what I am responsible for?

If women are going to demand that we not be involved in their body, then why do these protesters want my to write the check for their body? You want it- you buy it...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
62,771 posts, read 68,892,173 times
Reputation: 31225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The intent is to limit women's healthcare choices.

And again, if they care enough to get out and march, they care enough to vote. Your opinion doesn't make any sense.
sorry DC I still believe many who choose to protest or march for any cause do not bother to votef course many do, but I think it is safe to 90% of those who march, if they are registered to vote are never going to vote for Trump period. As for women's health care choices, if that is what you want to call it, what rights are being taken away? No need to bring up Roe versus Wade, if there was ever a chance it would be overturned, which it won't the subject would have been an issue in 2000. Bush is 100% pro life.

You don't think my opinion makes any sense, why not; it is an opinion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
62,771 posts, read 68,892,173 times
Reputation: 31225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
For those of you who are pro march, pro funding of abortion, and Planned Parenthood. Would you also be in favor of government paid medical services for men? Say, colon and other cancer screenings, free male birth control, therapy for wives bothering me during the football games?

If you say no, then why pay for only women's needs- especially when most (if not all) insurance companies cover women's issues? If you say yes, why must taxpayers pay for what I am responsible for?

If women are going to demand that we not be involved in their body, then why do these protesters want my to write the check for their body? You want it- you buy it...
and what I asked many times but rarely got a firm answer: are those so in favor of pro choice as in abortion, how do they feel about capitol punishment?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Van Buren, Arkansas
172 posts, read 72,139 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what I asked many times but rarely got a firm answer: are those so in favor of pro choice as in abortion, how do they feel about capitol punishment?
If an oil pipeline might give the caribou a headache, they are ready to go give the little bugger a hug...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top