U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:00 PM

4,142 posts, read 5,175,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Many women are not Pro Choice. I'm one who is not.
Many women believe Planned Parenthood should get their funding cut off until they get out of the abortion business. I do believe this. I resent very much having my tax dollars fund the murder of the most helpless human beings in the world. Neither do I feel I should help pay for their contraception....I am not against contraception, but IMO that is just not something the government should pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what I asked many times but rarely got a firm answer: are those so in favor of pro choice as in abortion, how do they feel about capitol punishment?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes59 View Post
if an oil pipeline might give the caribou a headache, they are ready to go give the little bugger a hug...
:d

Old 01-23-2017, 12:13 PM

1,265 posts, read 732,965 times
Just a general response, yes, the march drew attention but not necessarily all good. The only ones supporting the marchers are the liberals which is the same as before the march.

As far as PP, it seems the problem for liberals is a typical liberal problem. I want these services and I want others to pay for them.

I am a woman in her 40's, had had two children, and have been on various forms of contraception. I've never visited a Planned Parenthood place. In fact, I've only seen one in my lifetime. I go to a doctor. Isn't that what any woman can do? Isn't that was medicaid and obamacare is for? Did any of you know that we had American taxpayer funded Planned Parenthood clinics in other countries? Trump has already signed something to stop funding them (the international clinics). How in the heck are we also responsible for these clinics in other countries?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:25 PM

1,556 posts, read 2,120,322 times
" I resent very much having my tax dollars fund the murder of the most helpless human beings in the world." I understand that people are passionate about this subject, but Geez folks, this has been illegal since the 70's. Do pro life supporters not know that ? Do they just not believe it to be true ? Please help me understand. "But, it's important to note that federal dollars are not used to provide the service at the center of the political debate around Planned Parenthood: abortions." link Link 2 Please go to the links, read for yourself.

How much clearer does it have to be...for reference, does it need to be tattooed on the forearm of every pro life supporter ?

But, back to the topic....has anyone heard a valid report by any media source, that the march was not successful ? If so, source please (so I can read for myself).

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-23-2017, 12:28 PM

36,694 posts, read 20,374,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Many women are not Pro Choice.
Many women believe Planned Parenthood should get their funding cut off until they get out of the abortion business.
And many women are pro-choice. But the marches were not pro-choice marches. They were pro-women marches. Women saying they are smart, responsible, moral. Women saying they can make decisions that are informed and thoughtful. Women saying that they don't accept a society where sexual harassment, sexual assault, or even rape is okay, because "boys will be boys", and the woman is at fault for being attractive.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 PM

1,265 posts, read 732,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And many women are pro-choice. But the marches were not pro-choice marches. They were pro-women marches. Women saying they are smart, responsible, moral. Women saying they can make decisions that are informed and thoughtful. Women saying that they don't accept a society where sexual harassment, sexual assault, or even rape is okay, because "boys will be boys", and the woman is at fault for being attractive.
Really? Did you see some of the vulgar signs these women were toting around? (and then threw down on the street when they were done)

Old 01-23-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
For those of you who are pro march, pro funding of abortion, and Planned Parenthood. Would you also be in favor of government paid medical services for men? Say, colon and other cancer screenings, free male birth control, therapy for wives bothering me during the football games?

If you say no, then why pay for only women's needs- especially when most (if not all) insurance companies cover women's issues? If you say yes, why must taxpayers pay for what I am responsible for?

If women are going to demand that we not be involved in their body, then why do these protesters want my to write the check for their body? You want it- you buy it...
Planned Parenthood provides services to men as well as women.

And if insurance covers a medicine or procedure, then Planned Parenthood bills the insurer. The procedures and prescriptions that Planned Parenthood provides at low- or no-cost is to people (men and women) who don't have insurance or whose insurance does not cover these services. Abortion makes up only a miniscule portion of services that Planned Parenthood provides. Their focus is on reproductive services. But that does include male birth control, and male screenings for STD's and other conditions.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry DC I still believe many who choose to protest or march for any cause do not bother to votef course many do, but I think it is safe to 90% of those who march, if they are registered to vote are never going to vote for Trump period. As for women's health care choices, if that is what you want to call it, what rights are being taken away? No need to bring up Roe versus Wade, if there was ever a chance it would be overturned, which it won't the subject would have been an issue in 2000. Bush is 100% pro life.

You don't think my opinion makes any sense, why not; it is an opinion.
Your opinion that these people aren't voters makes no sense because the marchers are clearly people who are politically active. The most basic action that a person who is politically interested can take is registering to vote. And then voting. That's what politically active, engaged, interested people do. No, they probably didn't vote for Trump. But they still voted. And then they went further, and marched in protest.

These marches weren't pro-choice marches. They were pro-women marches. Because President Trump has made remarks that aren't pro-women. I'm not talking about his years ago behavior. I'm talking about this election, where he made comments about Megyn Kelly and others that were crude and intended to put women down. I'm talking about this election where he said that if his daughter were sexually harassed in the workplace that she should quit and find another job. The burden for working in a workplace free of sexual harassment shouldn't rest on women.

When a comment about a woman attacks her gender, it's not just a personal attack. It's an attack against all women. The marchers understood that.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
What tax dollars do you think are being used for abortion?

Answer: none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas