U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 PM

3,391 posts, read 5,853,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
Maybe I'll move to AR, even if you people do hate hippies/liberals/environmentalists/anyone from the west coast/non-whites/non-religious people/people who don't love football/fire arms/off road vehicles/etc.
With such a positive, open-minded attitude, I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms. Good luck with that, sparky.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:39 PM

678 posts, read 1,446,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Now I've heard the Ark has become the No.#2 light industry capital of the US, second to Omaha Neb. Is this true?
That's certainly possible with the focus and relative success the state has placed on recruiting more and more of those types of companies here, but I haven't seen any publications yet to indicate that is the case.

Quote:
You guys both have it right. My state's been overrun and will be overrun again when the economy improves, fueling worse traffic, an even higher cost of living, more suburban sprawl, etc.

Maybe I'll move to AR, even if you people do hate hippies/liberals/environmentalists/anyone from the west coast/non-whites/non-religious people/people who don't love football/fire arms/off road vehicles/etc.

The COL might be so low as to be worth it.
Nice of you to play off another stereotype. IF we hated all those people, we wouldn't have any residents at all, because everyone here probably fits one of those categories, at least. Arkansas doesn't really fulfill any of the negative images you have of us, so I fear you would be very disappointed if you did choose to move here. It's nice of you to try to help prove the "open-minded" Californian stereotype wrong for us though.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 PM

6,076 posts, read 10,750,046 times
Well Kudos to the Razorback state and I hope you guys are and hopefully you move up to the #1 spot someday.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM

119 posts, read 302,707 times
Quote:
You guys both have it right. My state's been overrun and will be overrun again when the economy improves, fueling worse traffic, an even higher cost of living, more suburban sprawl, etc.

I kinda envy your simplistic worldview. Must make life nice 'n easy. Or perhaps this is sarcasm and our brains are too football-and-huntin' addled to git it?

Last edited by aerotive; 11-04-2010 at 07:51 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM

802 posts, read 2,181,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspank View Post
Woow there! I lived in GA for 13 years and never saw anything like abandoned furniture on the side of the road, trash and junk cars like I have here in north AR.
You didn't look very hard.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM

69,422 posts, read 79,637,759 times
Quote:

As has been said already, where are you getting the idea we don't like any of those things you have mentioned? Lots of people (I know a few) do not beleive in organized religion, some people don't own guns and there certainly are some libs in all parts of the state. So you come right along, if you don't fit in, we will help you find a place where you will.

As for Ca, don't hold your breath: it may come back, but will take 20 years I predict.

Nita

Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 AM

735 posts, read 1,055,156 times
California will always have Hollywood and the entertainment industry if everything else leaves, and also tourism like Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As has been said already, where are you getting the idea we don't like any of those things you have mentioned? Lots of people (I know a few) do not beleive in organized religion, some people don't own guns and there certainly are some libs in all parts of the state. So you come right along, if you don't fit in, we will help you find a place where you will.

As for Ca, don't hold your breath: it may come back, but will take 20 years I predict.

Nita

Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 AM

12,439 posts, read 9,965,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
This is the most hunting oriented state that I have ever lived in...Geez they just passed a constittional amendment to make it a right. I am not saying that hunting is good or bad, but lets be honest about how important and prevalant it is here. Organized Religion...I live in baptist central so I am little biased. IF you use the word libs...you are probably a republican, I don't know anyone here, (and I know a lot) who does not own a gun and I know plenty who own arsenals. I have also been to towns here that look like something out of deliverance, which was filmed in Georgia by the way....Rudy Arkansas as an example.

Speaking of Georgia, once you get out of Metro Atlanta it looks an awful lot like Arkansas.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,364,619 times
Quote:
I think txdave just found a soul mate.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,162,715 times
We bought a Wyndham timeshare and the first location seems to be Fairfield Bay, Arkansas. I loved it there and Greers Ferry Lake was just beautiful. We went on Easter and stopped at the Baptist Church before we went to our room and I felt I was definitely underdressed. We have lived in a city area so long that I forgot how country people dress on Sunday. It was a wonderful experience. But I was in cotton and they were in "dry clean only."

I have always wondered why anyone would want to put down another part of the country. We only had one bad experience while we were there. A truck tried to run us down on I-40 near Little Rock, but that driver could have been from anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or