U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:42 PM

166 posts, read 59,147 times

Advertisements

I would happily live next to a rural petting zoo, compared to the urban zoo of 6.5 million people I currently live next to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM

708 posts, read 168,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Mules don't actually bray, donkeys do. Mules have a sound in between a horse's neigh and a donkey bray but generally quieter than both. You would never hear the sound my mules make unless you were standing pretty close to them. My dogs aren't allowed to bark indiscriminately. If they're barking it's 'cause there's a bad guy out there. Now the guineas you have a point on. They are awful and LOUD!!! I only have three and when they're gone......no more. I've learned my lesson on them. But I hear ya luvvarkansas....sometimes I don't want to live by me either. All these critters are rescues and I won't be rescuing any more as I'm getting too old to outlive them. So, when these are gone, I too will be looking for a quiet place to live. HSV looks really, really nice. I never could find what the HOA dues are. Could you please tell me what that cost is?
Think HOA is base on housing, but i dont live their. I hate HOAs honestly, but it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Pay Assessments - Hot Springs Village Property Owner's AssociationHot Springs Village | Hot Springs, Arkansas

Old 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM

593 posts, read 332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Think HOA is base on housing, but i dont live their. I hate HOAs honestly, but it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Pay Assessments - Hot Springs Village Property Owner's AssociationHot Springs Village | Hot Springs, Arkansas
I've been to that site before and it doesn't tell you how much the assessments are, but thanks for trying. I was hoping someone in the forum who lives there wouldn't mind telling me what their assessment is......just so I could get a ballpark figure.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:34 PM

213 posts, read 189,466 times
Quote:
I've been to that site before and it doesn't tell you how much the assessments are, but thanks for trying. I was hoping someone in the forum who lives there wouldn't mind telling me what their assessment is......just so I could get a ballpark figure.
About $35 a month for an unimproved lot. About $65 a month for an improved lot (has a water meter).

Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 PM

593 posts, read 332,438 times
Thanks! How much would it be with a house already on it?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:13 PM

6,789 posts, read 720,812 times
I would choose Arkansas

Old 03-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I would choose Arkansas
I am leaning that way just because we will be in Fort Smith for 2-3 years anyway. That means Ark drivers licenses, car registrations, etc. All that will have to be changed again for Missouri. Our initial pick right now is around Jasper, but it does make it more difficult on the flatlanders of the Texas gulf coast to make their way there. Another option is around Artist Point/Winslow. At least we have some time to decide.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:01 AM

317 posts, read 787,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
I am leaning that way just because we will be in Fort Smith for 2-3 years anyway. That means Ark drivers licenses, car registrations, etc. All that will have to be changed again for Missouri. Our initial pick right now is around Jasper, but it does make it more difficult on the flatlanders of the Texas gulf coast to make their way there. Another option is around Artist Point/Winslow. At least we have some time to decide.
My gosh, you have plenty of time to decide where/if to live in Arkansas. I am originally from El Dorado, Ar but have lived in Monroe, La/Wynne, Ar/Memphis/Dallas/Houston (know what you mean)/St Louis/Omaha during my career and retired 6 years ago to HSV because of the golf and for what Luv has said about the village. I first bought property in HSV back in 1997 and have known since then that it was where I wanted to retire. I am just very thankful that I have been able to get to this point and still have my health and I am looking forward to many more years here, the good Lord willing! It's pretty stress-free here.

I think the mountains around the Jasper area are prettier than they are here plus it is much more of a rural atmosphere if that is what you want, plus you are just minutes from the Buffalo river and still close to many beautiful lakes but I have not seen any nicer lake in my lifetime than Lake Ouachita, but JMHO.

Take your time, explore the state and I think you will be staying!!

Old 03-02-2017, 07:06 AM

We do too. Our daughter almost had a fit when we told her we were headed off to Arkansas, then we showed her the pictures from our Thanksgiving week trip. She had no fight left in her. It is only about 9 or so hours back, so it's not like we are moving to Thailand. We'll see the grandkids...

Old 03-02-2017, 08:54 AM

3,823 posts, read 4,732,329 times
Quote:
Thanks! How much would it be with a house already on it?
Around $65 a month.

Condo complexes have additional fees. At one time I had a link to that info but I can't find it now. I don't think any were less that $50-something a month, though....some were over $100. The one we stayed in for a vacation one time (found through VRBO), right on Lake DeSoto, was around $85 a month, according to a lady who lives there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas