U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,911,403 times

Advertisements

31 right now. It is supposed to get down into the 20's tonite, so if some of this melts off it will be treacherous tomorrow. My husband had a problem getting the truck out of the driveway but went on to work - said there are several semis that have jack-knifed around town.

Again, this is VERY unusual...but I'd give anything for some really tall snowboots right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM

292 posts, read 1,136,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
31 right now. It is supposed to get down into the 20's tonite, so if some of this melts off it will be treacherous tomorrow. My husband had a problem getting the truck out of the driveway but went on to work - said there are several semis that have jack-knifed around town.

Again, this is VERY unusual...but I'd give anything for some really tall snowboots right now!
That's one thing I would probably miss if I lived in NW Arkansas full-time....the early springs we have here. I've already got Saucer Magnolias and daffodils and spireas blooming, the forsythias are nearly gone by, and almost everything else is budding out and starting to grow! Of course, when high summer comes, I'll be wishing for the (relative) coolness and lower humidity of the Ozarks! Well, you can't have everything. The astounding beauty makes up for the colder weather, in my book.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 AM

We're getting the first daffodils and the forsythia is leafing and budding, but no explosions of color just yet...I'm impatiently waiting! At least this snow came at the right time, not like last year when we had that freeze that set everything back and made for a lousy spring show (but very long period of great weather, which was SO nice!).

Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM

45 posts, read 154,053 times
Default the Village

I live in Hot Springs Village and had 2" of snow on my deck this morning. Unusual for March, but we have had snow in the past. In the winters of 1999 and 2000 (the ice storm) I had as much as a foot accumulated on my patio table, and we used to have a few inches every winter until a couple of years ago. This is the first real amount in about three years for my part of the Village. Sun is out, so it won't last long, but it sure is pretty now.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,975,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvarkansas View Post
That's one thing I would probably miss if I lived in NW Arkansas full-time....the early springs we have here. I've already got Saucer Magnolias and daffodils and spireas blooming, the forsythias are nearly gone by, and almost everything else is budding out and starting to grow! Of course, when high summer comes, I'll be wishing for the (relative) coolness and lower humidity of the Ozarks! Well, you can't have everything. The astounding beauty makes up for the colder weather, in my book.
I saw teeny buds on my rosebushes yesterday and now you guys are sending me this stuff? THANKS!!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM

8,262 posts, read 15,975,897 times
Okay! I am officially mad at you guys! It just got here and buddy IT IS COMIN DOWN!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:47 PM

I hope they don't miss your prediction as badly as ours...up side is that it is melting fast...down side is that it is supposed to re-freeze tonite and get down to 21. That could make things ugly for tomorrow. Those of us that work from home don't really care, though, except that the firewood is getting low...

Old 03-04-2008, 03:25 PM

564 posts, read 2,065,621 times
We have like 13-14 inches and we're about 7 miles north of downtown Russellville.

Really nice to wake up to, especially since I didn't have classes at Tech today, haha. I hate to hope for a refreeze, but it'd be nice to have another day to sit on the old arse.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 PM

They came out with the official reading of 14" on E. Parkway. Babe, that's snow...

Under, I hope you get your wish! Too bad some of this didn't spread down Little Rock way - everything was open. I hated that since I work via remote and I'm under their work plan...

Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM

697 posts, read 2,564,891 times
My parents drove from Rogers to McCrory today -- left around 1 pm, by which time it was all pretty much gone from the ground up there. Stopped in Russellville to exchange some stuff with my sister, and marveled at all the white stuff that was still around there. There apparently was a bit on the ground around Augusta, but not much in McCrory by the time they got there at 5:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas