U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 AM

5,981 posts, read 15,900,945 times

Advertisements

Apparently Pope and Yell counties are the place to be this morning if you want to skip work...we have a foot on the ground and more falling! They missed this weather forecast by a mile...last night the prediction was a couple of inches, with a couple this morning as well. Of course, true to Arkansas, it is supposed to get to 42 degrees today and this will be nothing but a bad dream as it melts off. Still, it is beautiful. I'll post pix from my front door later in the picture thread, don't think I'll be going out much.

And Little Rock has a light dusting, but the roads are clear.

How is it in NWA and other areas?

(For the uninitiated to Arkansas weather, this is VERY unusual - I can't remember when we've seen this much snow at once...maybe during the storm of 1980 that hit Little Rock so hard?)
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 AM

702 posts, read 2,182,209 times
Over here in Tulsa we were suppose to get 2-4", but we got zero, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Hate that white crap!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,855,441 times
I awoke to a very surprising 2" on the car. I wouldn't say the roads are clear down here in LR but they are mostly clear. A good deal of slush that should be totally off the roadways in a couple of hours. I truly think they should have canceled school down here today. Not because the roads are unsafe or anything...just because these kids here in LR area so rarely get to see snow they need a chance to play in it.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 AM

Hmmm. I was watching Tom Brannon in the Weather Garden. Again, he lied to me! It just didn't look like there was much there.

See my pix in the picture thread! Russellville is shut down, no doubt...they haven't canceled LR schools yet? What??? They close them if someone coughs hard!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,855,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Hmmm. I was watching Tom Brannon in the Weather Garden. Again, he lied to me! It just didn't look like there was much there.

See my pix in the picture thread! Russellville is shut down, no doubt...they haven't canceled LR schools yet? What??? They close them if someone coughs hard!
The sidewalk didn't have quite as much as my car did. Not sure what the typical standard for measuring is but since the ground would have been storing more heat than a car surface I would think it would measure a bit short. You can still see grass poking through in most places but by my reckoning I had a good 2 +/- 0.25" on the top of the car.

PCSSD is still open for sure.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,903,124 times
Sam,----we have a foot on the ground and more falling

(a foot is a 12 inch snowfall) Are you sure of the amount?

If so, all I can say is WOW

Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 AM

292 posts, read 1,135,347 times
Thanks for the pictures....wish I was at the cabin (with plenty of food and propane)! Curious to know what happened up there....have to call the neighbors!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 AM

292 posts, read 1,135,347 times
Well, I went to Cloudland and he had a post with today's date on it, but he said it had rained overnight and they were expecting snow tonight, so I think he had his date wrong and that was a post from yesterday. Hopefully he'll update soon. He has some really pretty pictures of waterfalls on today, though. Those of you who have never been out in the woods in the Ozarks need to go there and look around at his journal (look also at the archives) and you'll get a good idea why I love the Ozarks!

Hope it's ok to post this link....I'm thinking I've seen others post links before:

CURRENTJournal

Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Sam,----we have a foot on the ground and more falling

(a foot is a 12 inch snowfall) Are you sure of the amount?

If so, all I can say is WOW
That's what the weather service says...here's the snow on top of the trash cans....and my Jeep Cherokee is under there somewhere in the other picture!

Look at the pictures under the Arkansas Picture thread at the top...that's a Rottweiler in the snow, no small dog...it was up to his chest when I took that picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Give Your Weather Report - Russellville is under a foot of snow!-jeep2.jpg   Give Your Weather Report - Russellville is under a foot of snow!-trash-cans.jpg  

Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,240,020 times
Oh Wow! I'll actually get to use my snow boots! How cold is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas