U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 PM

171 posts, read 65,790 times

Advertisements

Coming from Texas, what do I need to have to get my cars registered in Arkansas? I have one car that my Texas plates expire at end of May, but I cannot get to Arkansas until June. Will that cause a problem for a transfer? The state website was more confusing than I needed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 05:12 PM

1,194 posts, read 647,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes59 View Post
Coming from Texas, what do I need to have to get my cars registered in Arkansas? I have one car that my Texas plates expire at end of May, but I cannot get to Arkansas until June. Will that cause a problem for a transfer? The state website was more confusing than I needed. Thanks.
I only remember needing proof on insurance and my DL. Call a dmv office to see if your DL has to be Arkansas. I know I changed all of our vehicles over at once and my husband didn't switch his DL for almost a month later and some of those vehicles were only titled to him.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Cool. I REALLY don't want to title one of the cars just before moving up there.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 PM

218 posts, read 194,492 times
Much easier in AR than TX, we moved up here almost 4 years ago.

You may have to get a property tax statement, but I can't remember if I had to do that the first year or not. It's easy anyway, you don't have to pay property tax the first year.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Much easier in AR than TX, we moved up here almost 4 years ago.

You may have to get a property tax statement, but I can't remember if I had to do that the first year or not. It's easy anyway, you don't have to pay property tax the first year.

He will but like you said, you don't pay it that first year.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:25 AM

318 posts, read 793,249 times
To register your car as a new resident, you must go in person to any AR OMV revenue office and be ready to present:
Your current vehicle registration certificate from your previous state.
Your certificate of title, or proof that your car is financed and that your lienholder has your title.
Proof of AR vehicle insurance.
Proof from your county assessor that your car has been assessed or is listed to be assessed within the current year.

Before you go to the license office do this first. The assessor's office is usually in the same building as the license office. If you don't have the proof of assessment when you get to the license office they will send you there and you will have to come back and wait in line all over again.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:15 PM

So, I assume I have to go to Harris County, Tx to get a current registration certificate.
I should be able to get a copy of the title through the county or through Honda Financial.

Change my coverage to Ark, and have the paperwork.

Then go visit the fine folks in Sebastian County.

Ugh.....

Thanks. I think.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
So, I assume I have to go to Harris County, Tx to get a current registration certificate.
I should be able to get a copy of the title through the county or through Honda Financial.

Change my coverage to Ark, and have the paperwork.

Then go visit the fine folks in Sebastian County.

Ugh.....

Thanks. I think.
If your vehicle is financed, you don't need a copy of the title. I don't even think your registration has to be current, just bring what you have.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:41 PM

About all I have is the plates and inspection combo on it, the keys, and some dog slobber on the back windows. :-)

Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
About all I have is the plates and inspection combo on it, the keys, and some dog slobber on the back windows. :-)
Well then I'm not sure, just calll and ask what you'd need. Btw: No inspections here in AR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas