U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 AM

18 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

It was a bash of HSV and how it was dying. Well I know things are not the best but this idiot was touting Dunedin Fla, I have family who live near there and have visited. Yes its quaint like Mackinaw City or Island is quaint. But its a tourist trap over priced full of walking dead. Florida is a swamp full of old people who should not drive and buy up everything like flat landers buy up the fudge on Mackinaw Island. Its hotter than heck in summer and when it rains every day like monsoon season it makes it like a sauna. Winter is nice weather but you have wall to wall walking dead who do not know how to drive. You also have Hurricane season that runs from May to Nov. Prices have went up to a point that who knows how long before it cause trouble. Its far from paradise here. Everything molds and rusts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 01:58 PM

215 posts, read 191,891 times
To each his own. If they haven't noticed, the economy of the entire county has been in the toilet for a bit over eight years now. When the economy is bad, people won't be able to retire as easily, which would have a big effect on a retirement community. The good news is that HSV has a smaller and smaller percentage of retirees every year.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:35 AM

61,856 posts, read 67,452,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
To each his own. If they haven't noticed, the economy of the entire county has been in the toilet for a bit over eight years now. When the economy is bad, people won't be able to retire as easily, which would have a big effect on a retirement community. The good news is that HSV has a smaller and smaller percentage of retirees every year.
so very true: I wonder what the poster even knows about HSV or AR period? Of course as most know I am partial to Bella Vista, mainly because of the location and facilities, like medical close by plus all of NWA is growing so fast; one of the fastest in the country, but this certainly doesn't mean HSV has seen better days or will soon be a ghost town. Some people have nothing better to do than spread false rumors.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:52 AM

2,863 posts, read 842,882 times
CV, HSV, and Bella Vista were built by Cooper as retirement communities.

They sold lots and built houses for retirees.
You have about a 20 year window and then the brakes come on because the original group of retirees are dying off, entering nursing homes ,etc.

Meaning, existing homes are now up for sale competing with new home construction.

Yes, Bella Vista seems to be doing the best due to location ( NWA)
CV is doing the worst due to location

HSV is in the middle but HSV still doesn't have a booming area's "coat tails" to cling to that draws both retirees plus families.

Here in CV, long time residents talk about how great it was 30 years ago.
That, to a lessor degree, would be the same with long time residents of HSV.

I believe Bella Vista is the only one of the 3 where long time residents might say it is better now than 30 years ago due to growth.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
CV, HSV, and Bella Vista were built by Cooper as retirement communities.

They sold lots and built houses for retirees.
You have about a 20 year window and then the brakes come on because the original group of retirees are dying off, entering nursing homes ,etc.

Meaning, existing homes are now up for sale competing with new home construction.

Yes, Bella Vista seems to be doing the best due to location ( NWA)
CV is doing the worst due to location

HSV is in the middle but HSV still doesn't have a booming area's "coat tails" to cling to that draws both retirees plus families.

Here in CV, long time residents talk about how great it was 30 years ago.
That, to a lessor degree, would be the same with long time residents of HSV.

I believe Bella Vista is the only one of the 3 where long time residents might say it is better now than 30 years ago due to growth.
The best about
BV is they are projecting the change in demographics and planning for the future. Even our church is changing directions.I will add, however we still have a lot of seniors moving in constantly ad property is rising in value and the homes priced anywhere near fairly are selling fast.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The best about
BV is they are projecting the change in demographics and planning for the future. Even our church is changing directions.I will add, however we still have a lot of seniors moving in constantly ad property is rising in value and the homes priced anywhere near fairly are selling fast.
It depends on the demographic's you are talking about. Some Demographics are a negative.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:59 AM

3,853 posts, read 4,771,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
THIS is why I would go for HSV over Bella Vista (besides the warmer climate). I want peace and quiet, not young families with their teenagers raciing up and down the roads, toddlers screaming in the pools, playground litter all in the yards, chain-link fences everywhere, etc.....

I know, I sound like a curmudgeon. Well, I am. But isn't that who "retirement villages" were designed for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
It depends on the demographic's you are talking about. Some Demographics are a negative.
Yep.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:42 PM

That is true. I love the village. If we do decide to move there I want a home that is a bit away from other homes.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
THIS is why I would go for HSV over Bella Vista (besides the warmer climate). I want peace and quiet, not young families with their teenagers raciing up and down the roads, toddlers screaming in the pools, playground litter all in the yards, chain-link fences everywhere, etc.....

I know, I sound like a curmudgeon. Well, I am. But isn't that who "retirement villages" were designed for?

Yep.
This is very true: that is why what works for some doesn't work for others. We have several friends here who agree with you.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:16 AM

2,863 posts, read 842,882 times
The problem with any retirement community is finding new retirees to replace the ones who die or enter nursing homes.
Once you start getting too many houses for sale the prices drop and the lower price attracts younger people to an area with no jobs.

Landlords start buying the lower priced homes and rent them out.
Some good citizens.......some not.

As long as HSV can attract enough retirees to keep replacing the ones dying off, things will work out for people desiring a peaceful retirement location w/o the noise that comes with young people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: