U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 12:47 PM

4,359 posts, read 5,367,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Every state has scenery and natural interests. Yes, I live in the Ozarks but don't see it as anything particularly special compared to any other hilly area in the U.S.
Curious....have you been to any of the places I mentioned?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 AM

179 posts, read 72,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Yeah, God forbid that anyone should have to look at the Ouachitas, the Ozarks, the River Valley....Petit Jean, Mt. Nebo, Mt. Magazine, Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, the Buffalo, Mulberry, and Cossatot Rivers....I could go on and on......

But hey, to each his own...if anyone cannot appreciate all that Arkansas has to offer I'm sure the residents (and those who love it) would be glad for them to just "keep a'goin' "!
That's right, to each his own. I lived in west LR, near Shackleford. I would never move back to LR and I would never live in NWA aka wallyworld... not my kind of towns...that's why I'm in a coastal city in FL and don't plan to move anytime soon, and definitely no where close to the midsouth again...ever.

On the Beach.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:45 AM

1,894 posts, read 1,166,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techie_g View Post
One problem is that once you leave Little Rock, you're in Arkansas. Ditto NWA.
I dont live in Arkansas but you can say the exact same thing about any city in any state.

Once you leave Salina you're in Kansas. Once you leave Muncie you're in Indiana. Once you leave Austin, you're in Texas. Once you leave Fresno you're in California etc, etc, etc.....so, what's the point you are trying to make?

Old 04-23-2017, 01:00 PM

65,018 posts, read 72,711,274 times
Quote:
That's right, to each his own. I lived in west LR, near Shackleford. I would never move back to LR and I would never live in NWA aka wallyworld... not my kind of towns...that's why I'm in a coastal city in FL and don't plan to move anytime soon, and definitely no where close to the midsouth again...ever.

On the Beach.
you are showing how little you really know about AR. NWA is anyhing but Wallyworld. Remember it is the headquarters for 3, 500 fortune companies, not just WalMart. In fact most of the people we know have nothing to do with Walmart. Not only is it not Wallyworld as you would like would want others to think, many major companies have offices here. As I have often mentioned, the beauty is we have a wonderful balance of urban and rural with in a few miles. I have to question if you have really ever been to NWA or would just like people to think you are a expert on the region.

So you live in the wonderful state of Florida on the beach: good for you. so do our 2 youngest children, one on the west coast and one near Orlando. They love living in Florida, especially our daughter, bu they also think NWA is awesome, in a different way. They love to come here and golf for one thing and they like the quiet atmosphere compared to living on the beach or near the parks. So, as you can see, you don't have to live here appreciate what the region has to offer.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:20 PM

It's amazing to see the defensiveness of some people that live in the midsouth. There's a place for everyone. I don't care if people don't like Florida, which is where I presently live. I'm not that defensive and I don't work for the chamber of commerce. I don't care if you don't think where I live isn't 'awesome'm nor would I try to convince you that it is.

And you're exactly wrong, I know a great deal about AR-Kansas from living there...in west Little rock to Hot Springs while working as a national lumber trader...to the thugs in Pine Bluff, to the rednecks in Jonesboro, to the farmers in Marion.

Again, no where is perfect, but there are some places in this nation that are more 'perfect' than others. There is no need to become overly defensive about where you choose to live, you like Ar-Kansas, then good for you...you don't like where I choose to live (FL), good for you, I'm not 'selling' where I choose to live, and could care less if they hate it, OR like it.

I have zero reason to stick up for where I live in FL now...zero. I have nothing to prove. There's somewhere for everybody. Being overly defensive seems a bit small townish and silly. find your rainbow. Everybody has an opinion and a set of personal experiences.......except people that have lived in one city or one state all their damn lives, then I ignore what they have to say because of a lack of a point of reference

I lived in Arkansas and met and know some very outstanding people that I considered friends, from Witt Stevens to Charlie Daniels, Sheffield Nelson, Larry Gleghorn, Harold Gwatney, Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham, and other characters
like Dan Lassater, and my ole car buddy, Jim Cogdell....and most of the execs at Worthen. In fact that's where I met Fred Smith the first time.

Last edited by techie_g; 04-23-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 04-23-2017, 01:39 PM

1,297 posts, read 777,280 times
Quote:
It's amazing to see the defensiveness of some people that live in the midsouth. There's a place for everyone. I don't care if people don't like Florida, which is where I presently live. I'm not that defensive and I don't work for the chamber of commerce. I don't care if you don't think where I live isn't 'awesome'm nor would I try to convince you that it is.

And you're exactly wrong, I know a great deal about AR-Kansas from living there...in west Little rock to Hot Springs while working as a national lumber trader...to the thugs in Pine Bluff, to the rednecks in Jonesboro, to the farmers in Marion.

Again, no where is perfect, but there are some places in this nation that are more 'perfect' than others. There is no need to become overly defensive about where you choose to live, you like Ar-Kansas, then good for you...you don't like where I choose to live (FL), good for you, I'm not 'selling' where I choose to live, and could care less if they hate it, OR like it.

I have zero reason to stick up for where I live in FL now...zero. I have nothing to prove. There's somewhere for everybody. Being overly defensive seems a bit small townish and silly. find your rainbow. Everybody has an opinion and a set of personal experiences.......except people that have lived in one city or one state all their damn lives, then I ignore what they have to say because of a lack of a point of reference

I lived in Arkansas and met and know some very outstanding people that I considered friends, from Witt Stevens to Charlie Daniels, Sheffield Nelson, Larry Gleghorn, Harold Gwatney, Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham, and other characters
like Dan Lassater, and my ole car buddy, Jim Cogdell....and most of the execs at Worthen. In fact that's where I met Fred Smith the first time.
People will get defensive when someone comes here and throws out insults about their home state and that's what you did. What did you expect. You came looking for an argument. Also, none of those areas you mentioned are considered NWA but you did have some very specific opinions about the area. I also didn't see anyone say anything negative about Florida, so why are YOU getting defensive? I have vacationed in Florida over a dozen times. I always enjoyed the beaches there as have many others.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:30 PM

4,359 posts, read 5,367,326 times
Quote:
It's amazing to see the defensiveness of some people that live in the midsouth....There is no need to become overly defensive about where you choose to live,
I don't think there was any kind of "amazing" defensiveness going on....you made an inaccurate statement which simply needed to be rebutted. What did you expect?

Old 04-23-2017, 02:49 PM

I expect nothing.LOL.
God Bless. If you think I was 'insulting' anyone, then you're pretty thin-skinned to begin with. Amazing, but not unexpected given my experience having lived in Arkansas and the Midsouth.

The salient point is that I don't CARE if anyone states anything 'negative' about Florida ! are you nuts ? lol...I don't CARE one bit..it doesn't change my own opinion, life or awareness.

On the Beach

Old 04-23-2017, 03:13 PM

1,297 posts, read 777,280 times
Quote:
I expect nothing.LOL.
God Bless. If you think I was 'insulting' anyone, then you're pretty thin-skinned to begin with. Amazing, but not unexpected given my experience having lived in Arkansas and the Midsouth.

The salient point is that I don't CARE if anyone states anything 'negative' about Florida ! are you nuts ? lol...I don't CARE one bit..it doesn't change my own opinion, life or awareness.

On the Beach
No one said you insulted anyone as in a person. And there you go again being defensive about Florida. Florida is not the topic for discussion nor did anyone comment on where you live. This is an Arkansas forum.

You're welcome.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I dont live in Arkansas but you can say the exact same thing about any city in any state.

Once you leave Salina you're in Kansas. Once you leave Muncie you're in Indiana. Once you leave Austin, you're in Texas. Once you leave Fresno you're in California etc, etc, etc.....so, what's the point you are trying to make?

Surely my point can't be this fleeting for you or anyone else.....but perhaps

For example, I've also lived in in ATLANTA. Do you think Atlanta is ahead or behind the rest of GEORGIA, or do you think it's indicative of the REST of Georgia?? (like Macon, or Rome, or Waycross? lol)
Do you think New York City is indicative or the rest of New York State (e.g. Rochseter, or Buffalo ?) if you do then you're terribly misinformed. Do you think New Orleans is indicative of the rest of Louisiana? Do you think Chicago is indicative of southern rural Illinois, say around Urbana ? My point should be very obvious. Most places outside of NYC are behind NYC. Most places outside of Chicago are behind Chicago in most respects. Most places outside of Paris are behind Paris.Easy stuff to comprehend I would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas