U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:41 PM

2 posts, read 459 times

Advertisements

This is sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 17,002,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
My feeling: women are often to selfish to carry the baby and give it up for adoption: they can't comprehend the baby is a living human being from conception. I will add, I do see a very few times when I agree with abortion; one time, would be, if the child is so damaged it can not survive after birth.

I agree with you there, too. And doctors can now see that the baby is going to be born that way before the baby is born, too. Right? With ultrasound. So I agree - abortion is right in those cases. In the least painful manner possible, of course.

The morons over in China that are torturing dogs before killing them before cooking them for food need to be stopped with Maxwell's Silver Hammer, too. Anyone googling 'Yulin Dog Festival' can learn about this "dog festival" that is allowed to go on every June in Yulin, China. So sick, so gross, so infuriating.
There's any number of innocent cows and pigs on "Death Row" every single day, at slaughtering houses, and so we eat our beef and pork products, and are outraged at torturing and killing dogs?????????? And what is the Pig and Cow crying: Equal Rights! Equal Rights!

There was an attorney, Steven Bright I believe his name was, who would go to these small towns in Georgia, to investigate someone that was on Death Row, and he'd find the slimmest of files, and he was quite successful at getting people off Death Row that didn't belong there, and were innocent.

He was a grandson of parents who had a huge old fashioned plantation in the South, which employed lots of black slaves over the years, and he felt it was his duty to do a payback, clear his conscience?, to go to bat for the imprisoned Blacks in Georgia!

One Sheriff in Georgia, he encountered, prided himself on how many he had sent to Death Row! And these sheriff's would shudder at the thought of Steven visiting their small towns.

I once read a book about a criminal that was sent to Death Row and he wanted to be executed ASAP, he didn't even want a first appeal, yet the guards and Death Row inmates made his life such a living hell he was all but forced to go through the long appeal process.

Perhaps any number of these inmates wished the same, and were forced to go thru the appeal process, so let's not look at these inmates having purposely dragged out the appeal process. They may have not had much choice in the matter.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:11 AM

62,248 posts, read 68,241,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There's any number of innocent cows and pigs on "Death Row" every single day, at slaughtering houses, and so we eat our beef and pork products, and are outraged at torturing and killing dogs?????????? And what is the Pig and Cow crying: Equal Rights! Equal Rights!

There was an attorney, Steven Bright I believe his name was, who would go to these small towns in Georgia, to investigate someone that was on Death Row, and he'd find the slimmest of files, and he was quite successful at getting people off Death Row that didn't belong there, and were innocent.

He was a grandson of parents who had a huge old fashioned plantation in the South, which employed lots of black slaves over the years, and he felt it was his duty to do a payback, clear his conscience?, to go to bat for the imprisoned Blacks in Georgia!

One Sheriff in Georgia, he encountered, prided himself on how many he had sent to Death Row! And these sheriff's would shudder at the thought of Steven visiting their small towns.

I once read a book about a criminal that was sent to Death Row and he wanted to be executed ASAP, he didn't even want a first appeal, yet the guards and Death Row inmates made his life such a living hell he was all but forced to go through the long appeal process.

Perhaps any number of these inmates wished the same, and were forced to go thru the appeal process, so let's not look at these inmates having purposely dragged out the appeal process. They may have not had much choice in the matter.
you are talking many years ago before we had DNA and other sources that help to identify a true murderer. That is very different. Today, it is rare anyone would be found guilty and sentenced to death without absolute proof.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyplease View Post
This is sick.
What is sick, abortion or capitol murder? Would you care to elaborate?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:50 AM

1,148 posts, read 750,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My feeling: women are often to selfish to carry the baby and give it up for adoption: they can't comprehend the baby is a living human being from conception. I will add, I do see a very few times when I agree with abortion; one time, would be, if the child is so damaged it can not survive after birth.
Well you are wrong - again I know from experience.

Pro lifers are not pro life , if you were you'd have an objection to this .. you are pro birth you don't give a *&#* what happens to the baby once it is born or you complain you don't want YOUR tax dollars to help feed ,clothe and educate the child no matter how poor the family is and people now find it easier to adopt in foreign countries . We have foster homes here in the states full of babies to teens that NEVER get adopted .

I have a daughter 23 who has a 2 year old,she works hard ,in Texas is STILL not eligible for medicaid ( she'd have to make a whopping $350 a month with the baby to qualify ) so yesterday my grandson got a dangerous skin infection from the ocean water and had to ask for help in splitting the cost of his 175.00 a bottle meds.. We are laid off now but no WAY am I going to let this kid die and we split it .

I saw no pro lifers willing to help her then ..where are you all?? Hello??

She CHOSE to keep him on her own, alone, which I was fine with- it was up to her but she also knew I was not well and didn't have alot of cash . He is such a sweet boy- a total doll, but it has been a mighty struggle. Dad left before birth which is neither her nor my fault and I mean vanished off the face of the earth apparently and they'd been together years . She and I and my husband are all raising him 2500 miles apart-even though with us it has to be just money on rare occasions like yesterday and sometimes just for fun ,my health is not good enough even if we lived next door . She wants no man in her life right now .Period

So in short you too are pro choice when you support the death penalty . Babies are cute but they grow up and sometimes do bad things .
If you are going to be pro life and criticize my pro choice stance you have to see it through to the end no matter what - capiche?? and I don't EVER see any willing to stand up and actually help other than carry around their ridiculous picket signs and occasionally kill others themselves . So nobody is going to tell me about pro life or choice .

You all need to get out of Arkansas and see the world for what it is . PS: Steven Bright was a hero .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 04-26-2017 at 09:14 AM..

Old 04-26-2017, 09:11 AM

1,203 posts, read 658,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

Pro lifers are not pro life , if you were you'd have an objection to this .. you are pro birth you don't give a *&#* what happens to the baby once it is born or you complain you don't want YOUR tax dollars to help feed ,clothe and educate the child no matter how poor the family is and people now find it easier to adopt in foreign countries . We have foster homes here in the states full of babies to teens that NEVER get adopted .

I have a daughter 23 who has a 2 year old,she works hard ,in Texas is STILL not eligible for medicaid ( she'd have to make a whopping $350 a month with the baby to qualify ) so yesterday my grandson got a dangerous skin infection from the ocean water and had to ask for help in paying for his 175.00 a bottle meds..

She CHOSE to keep him on her own, alone, which I was fine with- it was up to her but she also knew I was not well and didn't have alot of cash . He is such a sweet boy- a total doll, but it has been a mighty struggle. Dad left before birth which is neither her nor my fault and I mean vanished off the face of the earth apparently and they'd been together years . She and I and my husband are all raising him 2500 miles apart-even though with us it has to be just money on rare occasions like yesterday and sometimes just for fun ,my health is not good enough even if we lived next door . She wants no man in her life right now .Period

So in short you too are pro choice when you support the death penalty . Babies are cute but they grow up and sometimes do bad things .
If you are going to be pro life and criticize my pro choice stance you have to see it through to the end no matter what - capiche?? and I don't EVER see any willing to stand up and actually help other than carry around their ridiculous picket signs and occasionally kill others themselves . So nobody is going to tell me about pro life or choice .

You all need to get out of Arkansas and see the world for what it is . PS: Steven Bright was a hero .
As for the bolded part, there was no reason for that except to be snarky and rude and give the persona that you are above people from Arkansas. If you want to be credible in a discussion, refrain from such tactics.

Secondly, if your daughter is working but not qualifying for medicaid, doesn't she qualify for subsidies with an obamacare plan? If her income is low but not low enough for medicaid, she could get drastically discounted rates, which also cover Rx's, so not sure why the medicine was so expensive.

Also, because someone feels life is important and meaningful doesn't mean they want to pay for that child's upbringing. Tax dollars do pay for schools, head start programs and even education grants for poor families. Tax dollars also pay for medicaid and obamacare subsidies. Tax dollars also pay for WIC, food stamps, housing assistance (and the list goes on), so to make the claim that poor people get no help is hogwash.

Last edited by Hollynla; 04-26-2017 at 09:53 AM..

Old 04-26-2017, 09:54 AM

4,115 posts, read 3,620,915 times
Dutchess - I see your point, and I feel sad for your daughter's situation. Like Hollynla said, I'd have her call about ObamaCare subsidies. I think she's on ta something.

tijlover - man, I see your point about pigs, cows, turkeys, chickens and even seals that are viciously bashed on their heads and die an awful death. I love beef, chicken and pork, so, I would be a hypocrite to claim that I really care about what happens to animals. Hear me out, though, about the Chinese and really Asian problem. They take the dogs and skin them alive, cut them to pieces, boil them alive and blowtorch the poor puppies to death. No, every puppy doesn't get all those treats all to themselves. The different butchers have different methods. They choose their favorite.

Here's how American slaughterhouses are different. Although there are many, many, many cases of abuse in American slaughterhouses, the main difference is that the American slaughterhouses just want to kill the animals to get them ready to prepare for American meals (and some of the meat no doubt ships outside the U.S.). Normally the animals are not tortured first. Normally they're not.

Listen up: in China, they intentionally torture the dogs to make their adrenalin spike way up high at death. They do this because they mistakenly think this makes their meat taste better. In fact, it does not "sweeten" the taste of the dog meat. It might even toughen it, according to two patients of mine who know agriculture because agriculture is their life.

This is an abomination of animal rights. Yes, they have the right to kill canines for their meat - it's their country - their inept government doesn't stop them of this awful, corrupt practice they participate in. Mark Soi is over there attempting to buy as many of the dogs on their way to slaughter as he can. The dogs at the Yulin Dog Festival in Yulin, China, howl and yelp in pain while people watching laugh and howl like the piggy animals they are. If you're going to kill an animal, kill it. Torturing the animal is not funny. It's sick.

This is all over Facebook, you'd basically have to have your electronic head in the sand to have never heard of this gross, sick, disgusting abuse before. Actor Matt Damon flew to China last year to try and stop this. To no avail. This needs to be shut down. The abuse is an atrocity.

Oh, here's what's more: they steal people's dogs on the way to the festival, too. I am forever saddened by the YouTube video of a little 5 year old girl in China who couldn't find their family dog. She found her dog at one of these "festivals." Her dog was roasted to death by these monsters. They stole her dog and roasted it to death. And, to add to the fun - this is normal practice for these brainless cogs.

Here's some more lovely stuff: these third world cooking practices often make people sick because there is no Chinese control over it. Not only immoral, it's stupid. Stupid as a rock roasting in the desert with no hope of rescue.

People usually get their needs taken care of. Sadly, animals do not.

Last edited by elkotronics; 04-26-2017 at 11:06 AM..

Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

I have a daughter 23 who has a 2 year old,she works hard ,in Texas is STILL not eligible for medicaid ( she'd have to make a whopping $350 a month with the baby to qualify ) so yesterday my grandson got a dangerous skin infection from the ocean water and had to ask for help in splitting the cost of his 175.00 a bottle meds.. We are laid off now but no WAY am I going to let this kid die and we split it .

I have to almost laugh at you: good for your daughter, but I will add, I was a supervisor at a large call ceter in the Dallas area and had many young women who worked for me. Our company did provide very good insurance which was wonderful. But most of these young women also got food stamps and Wic even though they had jobs. Something is wrong if your daughter does not qualify for any type of government help.
As for getting our of AR, how funny is that? I was born and raised in Los Angeles, have a college degree, my husband worked for one of our greatest Pres and we lived in the DC area for 7 years. I could go on and on. So don't tell me I need to get our of AR. I have seen more in my life than you probably ever will. Even if I hadn't what do you think? people in AR all marry their cousins, drive broken down pick ups and drink beer all day? My how little you know about the world.

The fact still remains, there are some who deserve to be executed and there are way too many abortions preformed.

this is my belief and I certaily do wonder what is the situation where you daughter can get no help. I still say, good for her to make the choice to keep her baby: I wish her success, being a single mom isn't easy. we all know young women who have raised thier kids alone. I hope you are there to give her a lot of emotional support.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 17,002,778 times
Elkotronics: thanks for posting that, I had no idea the torture those dogs went thru! Yes, it's an abomination.

On one of my trips to China in the 1990's, I did go to a restaurant one time and almost vomited when I saw one of the entrees to be Dog's penis!

Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 AM

4,115 posts, read 3,620,915 times
Elkotronics: thanks for posting that, I had no idea the torture those dogs went thru! Yes, it's an abomination.

On one of my trips to China in the 1990's, I did go to a restaurant one time and almost vomited when I saw one of the entrees to be Dog's penis!

Oh, no. So far my lunch is staying down. Didn't want ta be rude, I consider you ta be an online friend, man. I just hate this practice going on in Asia. My heart is literally aching because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas