U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM
 
4,034 posts, read 1,308,652 times
Reputation: 7371

Advertisements

Four down, four to go.


Get with it, Arkansas.


And Oklahoma, shame, shame, shame on you for putting a hold on putting these convicted and sentenced thugs to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM
 
4,316 posts, read 1,585,294 times
Reputation: 7490
I favor life in prison w/o parole.


However, the protestors outside the prison should be also demanding much stricter conditions for .........life w/o parole.


A murderer sentenced to life w/o parole should have no chance whatsoever of escaping.
Small cell, solitary confinement.


The guy executed last night was serving life w/o parole for a murder conviction and managed to escape shortly after killing a farmer and killing an innocent driver in MO during his escape.


He paid the just sentence last night.
However, the State of Arkansas Prison system deserves some guilt for sentencing a murderer to life in prison w/o parole and not preventing an escape.


Two innocent people would be alive today if Arkansas had a secure prison especially for those serving a life sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Reputation: 33856
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I favor life in prison w/o parole.


However, the protestors outside the prison should be also demanding much stricter conditions for .........life w/o parole.


A murderer sentenced to life w/o parole should have no chance whatsoever of escaping.
Small cell, solitary confinement.


The guy executed last night was serving life w/o parole for a murder conviction and managed to escape shortly after killing a farmer and killing an innocent driver in MO during his escape.


He paid the just sentence last night.
However, the State of Arkansas Prison system deserves some guilt for sentencing a murderer to life in prison w/o parole and not preventing an escape.


Two innocent people would be alive today if Arkansas had a secure prison especially for those serving a life sentence.
and this is just one reason I believe in the death penalty in some cases. Look what he did when he excaped and some do. This is similar to the case way back; Huckabee converted a case where the guy was given a life sentence without parole to a sentence where parole was possible, due to his young age when sentenced. He was paroled almost immediately and went on killing again. Huckabee's heart was in the place but that maes no difference sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR
248 posts, read 228,164 times
Reputation: 245
4 down and 7 to go.

I'm in favor of letting the victim(s) family determine the method of execution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Reputation: 33856
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
4 down and 7 to go.

I'm in favor of letting the victim(s) family determine the method of execution.
never thought of that; good idea!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
4,855 posts, read 4,907,838 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not opposed to it at all, if the person is guilty beyound any doubt and the crime is a grusom one. What I am opposed to is the cost to keep the criminal alive for 20 years. Everyone is entitled to their day in court and this means a fair trial and at least one appeal. After that I have no problems. What I have trouble with, and I know I am opening up a can of worms, how can people be opposed to capitol punishment and yet,be in favor of a women's right to choose, which means taking the life of an innocent baby?
Well yeah, you did open a can of worms, because that argument can quite easily be turned around and thrown right back. I.e. how can you be opposed to abortion by characterizing it as "killing", but are completely fine with the government essentially committing homicide?

And before you say that "the fetus is innocent", it's not an autonomous being. It hasn't developed anything. It's essentially an egg before it hatches.

And don't even get me started on the amount of pain, suffering, torture, disease, and other disgusting processes inflicted upon developed, sentient living creatures, that go into the burgers and poultry you (not personally you, just in general) eat, but choose to ignore.

Life is only valuable in certain cases and for certain people or things. The hypocrisy, ignorance, and cognitive dissonance is beyond staggering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Manson, WA
4,802 posts, read 4,197,944 times
Reputation: 2685
Well yeah, you did open a can of worms, because that argument can quite easily be turned around and thrown right back. I.e. how can you be opposed to abortion by characterizing it as "killing", but are completely fine with the government essentially committing homicide?

And before you say that "the fetus is innocent", it's not an autonomous being. It hasn't developed anything. It's essentially an egg before it hatches.

And don't even get me started on the amount of pain, suffering, torture, disease, and other disgusting processes inflicted upon developed, sentient living creatures, that go into the burgers and poultry you (not personally you, just in general) eat, but choose to ignore.

Life is only valuable in certain cases and for certain people or things. The hypocrisy, ignorance, and cognitive dissonance is beyond staggering.

So in your eyes abortion is all right? Nod your yes-man head up and down.


Torturing dogs mercilessly to make their meat taste more tender when it doesn't even accomplish that is all right with you? Mr. modern-pseudo-progressive anything goes in a tin can for sale for 99 centavos. Listen to yourself for a minute! Nutso-in-a-tin-can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
4,855 posts, read 4,907,838 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Well yeah, you did open a can of worms, because that argument can quite easily be turned around and thrown right back. I.e. how can you be opposed to abortion by characterizing it as "killing", but are completely fine with the government essentially committing homicide?

And before you say that "the fetus is innocent", it's not an autonomous being. It hasn't developed anything. It's essentially an egg before it hatches.

And don't even get me started on the amount of pain, suffering, torture, disease, and other disgusting processes inflicted upon developed, sentient living creatures, that go into the burgers and poultry you (not personally you, just in general) eat, but choose to ignore.

Life is only valuable in certain cases and for certain people or things. The hypocrisy, ignorance, and cognitive dissonance is beyond staggering.

So in your eyes abortion is all right? Nod your yes-man head up and down.


Torturing dogs mercilessly to make their meat taste more tender when it doesn't even accomplish that is all right with you? Mr. modern-pseudo-progressive anything goes in a tin can for sale for 99 centavos. Listen to yourself for a minute! Nutso-in-a-tin-can!
Whooooah elkotronics... you've misunderstood or misconstrued my post. I didn't mention the Chinese pet slaughterfest because I assumed that is categorically reprehensible and isn't something that occurs in this country.

I am a vegan. I consume zero animal products. Zero.

But since we're on the topic, you tell me what's the big difference between a dog and a cow? Or a dog and a pig?

Edited to add: yes, I'm nodding my head up and down re: abortion if it's early term. Why? You have to draw the line somewhere. Do we want to go back to the dark ages where such things as contraception is banned? If you don't like the government interfering with your guns, why do you think they have a right to interfere with peoples bodies?

Last edited by Bluefox; 04-28-2017 at 11:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2017, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
65,018 posts, read 72,724,266 times
Reputation: 33856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Whooooah elkotronics... you've misunderstood or misconstrued my post. I didn't mention the Chinese pet slaughterfest because I assumed that is categorically reprehensible and isn't something that occurs in this country.

I am a vegan. I consume zero animal products. Zero.

But since we're on the topic, you tell me what's the big difference between a dog and a cow? Or a dog and a pig?

Edited to add: yes, I'm nodding my head up and down re: abortion if it's early term. Why? You have to draw the line somewhere. Do we want to go back to the dark ages where such things as contraception is banned? If you don't like the government interfering with your guns, why do you think they have a right to interfere with peoples bodies?
sure tell the difference between a liberal from Wa and a conservative, but a compassionate conservative from the heartland.

Think what you want to make you feel better, but a baby is just that, the minute of conception. It has a heart beat. No one is saying abortion is always wrong, but it is still taking a life and an innocent one. The person who kidnaps, rapes, murders a young women, or the criminal that kills a cop who is only trying to protect all of us different. No one is suggesting we go back to the dark ages where contraception is not allowed. that is very much a different subject and has nothing to do with abortion except for the stupid people who do not bother to use precautions and then think it is ok to take the life they created.

This also has nothing to do with eating animals or gun rights. Stick to the topic please or start a new one. Of course I have to wonder if you are a vegan as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2017, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Manson, WA
4,802 posts, read 4,197,944 times
Reputation: 2685
Whooooah elkotronics... you've misunderstood or misconstrued my post. I didn't mention the Chinese pet slaughterfest because I assumed that is categorically reprehensible and isn't something that occurs in this country.

I am a vegan. I consume zero animal products. Zero.

But since we're on the topic, you tell me what's the big difference between a dog and a cow? Or a dog and a pig?

Edited to add: yes, I'm nodding my head up and down re: abortion if it's early term. Why? You have to draw the line somewhere. Do we want to go back to the dark ages where such things as contraception is banned? If you don't like the government interfering with your guns, why do you think they have a right to interfere with peoples bodies?

Bluefox - man, I don't want to argue. The abortion issue is one that I have based on the Biblical view. I am very old-fashioned regarding Bible basics, but I was born in Seattle and raised in Edmonds, Washington. I don't want to discuss abortion on here and I don't think we should.


I just feel sick about things like the Yulin Dog Festival. They are mercilessly torturing dogs in front of moronic crowds just because they can and because they like the taste of the meat and because the inefficient Chinese Gub-Mint chooses to not intervene on the Neanderthals carrying this needless torture out. Like I said, I hate this dog-torturing. I eat beef, chicken and pork yes, but do I approve of Joe Midwest smacking the cow in the head with a pipe to get them to move?


Hell no, I don't approve of that. This is a difficult issue in terms of "Who's Ta Blame?" I eat meat but I strongly believe in humane killing practices. Animal rights are something I take very, very seriously. All I have ta do is look up to the Creator and thank Him for all these creatures. When I look into the eyes of Cotey, our 13 year old Pomeranian and see what a strong little character he is, or, when I look into the eyes of Meggy May, our 9 year old Akita Chow, I see eyes of an intelligent creation of God. A creation that is too precious ta waste. Too smart for school. Too good of a gift from above to peddle for meat.


Like I say, that practice in China and sadly, other parts of Asia as well, has to stop. It is breaking the hearts of animal lovers the world over. And it is hurting humanity in general for us ta know about it and know that every June the Yulin Dog Festival will go on. The dogs will be stuffed into chicken wire metal crates so tight their bones are broken. They stop feeding them ahead of transit and watering them, too, so the dogs are getting sick even before they're tortured to death. They pull their legs back behind them and tie them together, painfully tearing their ligaments and breaking their bones. They will just cut out their hearts while they're alive. They'll put a tin can over their snout so they can't openly yelp and then blow torch them to death.


They will take them and put them in large pots of oil that is so hot it causes their fur to come off. Or they just skin them alive in front of all the other dogs. They slit their throats and they blowtorch them to death. The other day a friend sent a picture from I believe Indonesia. In their backyard these guys just took their dog and hung him by his collar to a big metal pole. Then they lit him on fire and took gruesome pictures of it all. And laughed while the dog burned to death. I will never forget the look of agony on the poor dog's face (it was a large dog - very big) as the pain got so intense they expose their whole palette of teeth in horrible pain. That expression stays on their faces as they die. These people are mongrels, they are third world and they are heartless. Eat beef if you must eat meat - I was raised on chicken, beef and pork. Call me a hypocrite as you might but this practice is tearing my heart out of my chest and burning it up, I love dogs so much. It's in my upbringing, both parents loved dogs and taught me how to raise them. And treat them right. They deserve so much better than the Asians are doing to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top