U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:51 PM

1,202 posts, read 658,970 times

Advertisements

Just had a very heavy downpour, but luckily for this area, the forecast was wrong. We haven't had near as much rain as predicted, looks like most is over NWA and into MO. The river are still dangerous. They still haven't found the missing person whose camp was overtaken by the river on Wednesday. I have read reports of people seeing others putting kayaks in at Ponca yesterday, one report even said they had a small child with them.

We are just staying in and watching tv. If the weather is okay later, probably head to the Lowgap cafe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 02:22 PM

62,248 posts, read 68,218,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Just had a very heavy downpour, but luckily for this area, the forecast was wrong. We haven't had near as much rain as predicted, looks like most is over NWA and into MO. The river are still dangerous. They still haven't found the missing person whose camp was overtaken by the river on Wednesday. I have read reports of people seeing others putting kayaks in at Ponca yesterday, one report even said they had a small child with them.

We are just staying in and watching tv. If the weather is okay later, probably head to the Lowgap cafe.
we seem to have more than you and there is nothing on TV according to hubby. Maybe it is because he wants to watch the horse racing channel but we will be watching from 5pm on I am sure. I think he is sleeping in front of the TV right now; don't blame him, not much sleep last night. We don't expect much sleep tonight either and we have to be greeters at church tomorrow for the early service. Oh well, guess I will just pour another glass of wine and start an early dinnner: night, night time will be early tonight. This will be the 4th of 5 nights we have lived through storms that keep us up 1/2 the night cause we have a little doggy that hates the storms, even wind and rain.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:07 PM

1,202 posts, read 658,970 times
Well we got hit hard this afternoon, Newton and Boone county is having significant flooding. The rivers (Buffalo and Little Buffalo) are hitting the bottom of the bridges in certain areas like Jasper and Boxley. Water was crossing Hwy 7 in a few areas although it's gone down on the highway quickly. Many gravel roads in Newton Co. are washing out in spots. We were able to get in and out of our gravel/dirt road but it was pretty rough going. A 4x4 truck is necessary to do so. Waterfalls in places where there should be none. There is more to come which is going to aggravate the situation. All this water is heading down to the rivers which are already very swollen.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:11 PM

8 posts, read 1,527 times
Default climate scientist say it will get worse over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, so we needed it, but enough is enough. The weather guy said last night, NWA may get another 10 inces in the next day or so. It is pouring down right now, has been raining all night and if you check the weather on the computer; it says pretty much rain constantly for another couple of weeks. Oh, there are some breaks, but not many. I guess I have learned, "be careful what you ask for".
This is the quote "for every 1 degree of climate change, the atmosphere will absorb 18% more moisture." that means more floods in the future.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:21 PM

3,471 posts, read 1,017,533 times
not a drop of rain yet where I am.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigHarborHS1984 View Post
This is the quote "for every 1 degree of climate change, the atmosphere will absorb 18% more moisture." that means more floods in the future.

Al Roker once said on TWC.........." the NE will experience many snowfalls this winter but they will be dropping small amounts due to climate change"

In less than 3 days after shooting his mouth off, he started his program with .........."record snowfalls cripple the NE "

Old 04-29-2017, 10:44 PM

224 posts, read 197,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigHarborHS1984 View Post
If we humans actually have the ability to change the weather, please proceed with eliminating tornadoes.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:22 AM

I just dumped 3.05 out of rain gauge and still raining.
Creek by my porch is roaring over the rocks and going over the road out front.
Low water bridges are under water.

I will not make it to church as it is hard to figure out which roads have dips and are under water in order to get to hwy.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 AM

I got another .70.

Rain looks to be gone.
3.75 total and most of north Arkansas got more than I did.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:20 AM

62,248 posts, read 68,218,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
I just dumped 3.05 out of rain gauge and still raining.
Creek by my porch is roaring over the rocks and going over the road out front.
Low water bridges are under water.

I will not make it to church as it is hard to figure out which roads have dips and are under water in order to get to hwy.
we were able to get to church. In fact we were greeters. I am guessing we had about 1/2 the normal attendence. We usually have 200 or more, not today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas