U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 AM
 
Location: The Natural State
937 posts, read 902,286 times
Reputation: 694

Advertisements

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts. I'm touched. I started this Thread a few years ago to share with C-D the places and things we find on our explorations that y'all will never see and probably couldn't find if looking for them. I doubt I could get back to some of them. It's been a wonderful trip (here and on the ground) and I have enjoyed sharing every minute and photo of it. I'm not into "sightseeing". I gotta get on the ground and see what's there, why it's there, and how long it's been there. Who put it there and why. But it isn't over yet. My archeologist buddy called today trying to set up a trek. I told him I'm more than ready, but, NO MOUNTAINS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2017, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
64,189 posts, read 71,048,892 times
Reputation: 33020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
And I can no longer get out there "amongst" it
but you can still see it. Every day I marvel at how green it is. Yes, a week or so ago we were gripping about the rain, but look what it does for us in the way of beauty? Old Fossil, both hubby and I share your problems. We have to be content to enjoy the beauty from afar. Take care and try to remember we may be old, but we are still young in some ways. Love to read your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2017, 11:43 AM
 
4,128 posts, read 5,166,126 times
Reputation: 5380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
And I can no longer get out there "amongst" it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but you can still see it. Every day I marvel at how green it is. Yes, a week or so ago we were gripping about the rain, but look what it does for us in the way of beauty? Old Fossil, both hubby and I share your problems. We have to be content to enjoy the beauty from afar. Take care and try to remember we may be old, but we are still young in some ways. Love to read your comments.
There are a good many "handicapped accessible" paths to be explored in Arkansas, aren't there? And there is always a good Sunday drive. Places like the Buffalo River can be driven almost straight to, very little walking to be done. We went down to Steel Creek on our last trip and just stood on the bank and watched people canoe by. It was nice.

I know neither of you are in the Newton County area, but there is beauty to be found with a car everywhere in the Ouachitas and Ozarks.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 AM
 
4,128 posts, read 5,166,126 times
Reputation: 5380
I just realized the picture is changing every day when Tim changes it on his journal! Pretty soon the "spring" heading won't match the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,264 posts, read 730,273 times
Reputation: 2723
It's still the same picture for me.

Beautiful! Even though I get to see much of this type of scenery every day, it's never gets old. The greenery is so full right now with all the rain we've had and that should stay that way for another month before things start to dry out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 09:19 PM
 
4,128 posts, read 5,166,126 times
Reputation: 5380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
It's still the same picture for me.
Really? The one with the overcast sky and "baby clouds" down in the Buffalo River hollow? 'Cause that's what was showing when I started this thread, and that's not what's showing for me today....it's showing the same scene as 5 days ago (the view from Tim's deck) , but today's (5/16, Monday) sunny picture.

But you're right about one thing....it never gets old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 11:05 PM
 
189 posts, read 62,117 times
Reputation: 204
During my most recent trip through Arkansas, in 2008, we took a detour off I-40 to visit Hot Springs and wind through the Ouachitas to Fort Smith. The sheer lushness and density of the foliage really was breathtaking. In one county, road signs were red rather than green, presumably to be visible against the incredibly lush surroundings. Of course, I had spent most of my childhood near Colorado Springs, so Arkansas forests were quiet a contrast to the scrubby High Plains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,264 posts, read 730,273 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Really? The one with the overcast sky and "baby clouds" down in the Buffalo River hollow? 'Cause that's what was showing when I started this thread, and that's not what's showing for me today....it's showing the same scene as 5 days ago (the view from Tim's deck) , but today's (5/16, Monday) sunny picture.

But you're right about one thing....it never gets old!
Hmmmm, well, it's the one from Tim's deck but that's what I had originally saw when I first read this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2017, 08:33 AM
 
4,128 posts, read 5,166,126 times
Reputation: 5380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Hmmmm, well, it's the one from Tim's deck but that's what I had originally saw when I first read this thread.
Ok, today's picture....it's from the deck again (it usually is), but today it's cloudy and there are white daisies blooming in front of the gazebo. Is that what you see today? It's what I'm seeing....and that is the "Cloudland Cabin Cam" picture for today on Tim's journal. That's the way it has been for me ever since I started the thread....each day when I come here the picture has changed to the picture of the day on the Cloudland Journal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
1,264 posts, read 730,273 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Ok, today's picture....it's from the deck again (it usually is), but today it's cloudy and there are white daisies blooming in front of the gazebo. Is that what you see today? It's what I'm seeing....and that is the "Cloudland Cabin Cam" picture for today on Tim's journal. That's the way it has been for me ever since I started the thread....each day when I come here the picture has changed to the picture of the day on the Cloudland Journal!
That's what I'm seeing today too. Tim has such an eye for capturing things from the best angles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top