U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:42 AM

4,363 posts, read 5,369,305 times

Advertisements

The view from Tim Ernst's Cloudland today:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 12:26 PM

6,827 posts, read 4,741,458 times
Just beautiful.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:27 PM

4,802 posts, read 4,197,944 times
Sweet view!

Old 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM

961 posts, read 950,337 times
And I can no longer get out there "amongst" it

Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM

4,823 posts, read 6,140,400 times
beautiful

Old 05-11-2017, 09:14 PM

4,363 posts, read 5,369,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
And I can no longer get out there "amongst" it
Are you ailin', Slim? Or just old age? (I didn't think it had been very long since you posted pics from the woods, but time does get away from me.)

I do not look forward to the day I can no longer walk in the woods.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:53 PM

961 posts, read 950,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Are you ailin', Slim? Or just old age? (I didn't think it had been very long since you posted pics from the woods, but time does get away from me.)

I do not look forward to the day I can no longer walk in the woods.

Ain't ailin', just old and used up. Can't see, can't hear, and my legs no longer work properly because they have been on too many mountains. I made my last mountain trek about two years ago when we were, again, exploring the cinnabar mines in east Pike County. I fell, tore all the hide off my right elbow and had to actually crawl back up the mountain until I got to a place where I could walk. We were searching for a specific tunnel we were told about and after I fell I told my buddy to go on, I'd had enough for the day. I crawled up the mountain when he got back. In the meantime I laid there in the supine position saying "magic" words while waiting. This attached photo was taken from that position and will be my last mountain photo.

I do hope I can continue to take an occasional less difficult trek from time to time. I have since found there is a fine line between boredom and depression As my old cowboy Dad would often say; "Oh well, what the , that's just the way it is".
Attached Thumbnails
Oh, the lushness of an Arkansas spring.....-fell-down.jpg  

Old 05-12-2017, 08:20 AM

7,198 posts, read 6,276,212 times
Quote:
Ain't ailin', just old and used up. Can't see, can't hear, and my legs no longer work properly because they have been on too many mountains. I made my last mountain trek about two years ago when we were, again, exploring the cinnabar mines in east Pike County. I fell, tore all the hide off my right elbow and had to actually crawl back up the mountain until I got to a place where I could walk. We were searching for a specific tunnel we were told about and after I fell I told my buddy to go on, I'd had enough for the day. I crawled up the mountain when he got back. In the meantime I laid there in the supine position saying "magic" words while waiting. This attached photo was taken from that position and will be my last mountain photo.

I do hope I can continue to take an occasional less difficult trek from time to time. I have since found there is a fine line between boredom and depression As my old cowboy Dad would often say; "Oh well, what the , that's just the way it is".
Oh, Fossil, this makes me sad. I hope you'll still go to places like the overlooks at Petit Jean and Mounts Magazine and Nebo, take a spin down Scenic Seven, and maybe dig in the dirt at the diamond and crystal mines. Let your C-D Arkansas buddies know what sounds good, and I am very sure that those who live closer would be more than glad to meet up with you and lend a hand.

I'd do it myself if I didn't live over 500 miles away. Really hate that distance more and more as time passes...

Sending very best wishes for improved mobility and energy for all, self included.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:33 AM

37,194 posts, read 20,925,526 times
Quote:

You may be old, but you're hardly used up. You have so much information to share, so many great stories and thought-provoking pics. You are a treasure to all of us Arkansas posters.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:30 AM

4,802 posts, read 4,197,944 times
You may be old, but you're hardly used up. You have so much information to share, so many great stories and thought-provoking pics. You are a treasure to all of us Arkansas posters.

I'll second that emotion! You are not used up - your passion for Arkansas still comes through, and it comes through strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas