Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:49 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhenderson View Post
I am in a safe place with my dogs. It has been a rough day and I have a long way to go to anything like being normal. I can eat, drink and properly care for my fur babies and myself. We are cautious, but enjoying being able to go outside. I want to thank everyone for helping hold me up in that tiny room for 17 days. THANK YOU for believing me!!!!!!!!!!!
OP I am so thankful to hear this! Being free from the abuses of existence is true freedom!

It will take time for "normalcy" to restore itself...and only you are the gatekeeper to it's success.

I am thankful to hear you are safe with your fur babies! Please stay strong for yourself and especially for the furry critters.

Keep your vision focused until you find yourself achieving it trough determination.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:18 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Wonderful news, am so happy for you and your pups, like you said it will take time but sounds like everything came together - I only recently read your story and am so happy you reached out and are doing well ;-)

Old 06-10-2017, 01:00 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
I still think there's something fishy about all this.....

Old 06-10-2017, 01:11 AM

473 posts, read 502,097 times
I'm so sorry for your suffering... Will be better for you to go back to friends or family as sometimes something worse tries to take advantage while female is down. Cops may not keep you safe from ex-boyfriend either.

But this is wake up call for all the others who stand to judge!

In some cities, choose an affordable area and women are told they will be harmed for declining to shack up & house with a local. If you are wanting a break from relationships or waiting for mate in jail, you need to return to relative or friend's home or shack up with the gay ones & look convincing. When you see a single parent with kids killed in a week for living alone in iffy area, you understand...Her sister died to same way a few years before as they met the wrong thing years ago & this is just how some cities run. Cops in some areas of city cover it calling it suicide as killer left gun in victim's hand and drug them to couch to wait for police. Better to choose WAY outskirts of city and get best thing you can afford...

Hepatitis C diagnosis TALK ABOUT SELF may be only way to keep the bums, druggies and wife beaters away.

In some places, even rural areas, the cops will sometimes ruin new women who moved there alone for work in order to put them with the druggies and keep the females trapped there using mental hospital system & medicaid....If you don't want any, return to your family as once the weirdos start to pester you, you need to go back to old friends to find a good mate who hasn't cracked up and gone psychopathic.

As some of the wrong kind are bragging about getting a whole apartment of stuff off another new lady who walked away with just a bag, don't stand in judgment until your daughter has returned to you terrified after someone tried to threaten her and use her. Even Master's degree level engineers who moved alone & female run away sometimes now. Please don't call her nuts ... rape victims end up nuts. Is just how women are being treated and it will pass if she keeps quiet and stays near family.

Better to be relationship minded, or worse will latch onto you if you don't pick good one.

Seen a gay man married to a lesbian so I know I live in a predatorial community if you choose to remain alone...need to move to suburbs at least as city cops just ruin victims who complain about threats/stalking/vandals, no restraining orders are possible with no attorneys who will help unless you move in with the weirdo and let him beat you. Here they usually end up pregnant first and bipolar male bashes child off the wall and 'horrible woman' who couldn't leave the monster ends up in jail for rest of life. So females with any clue end up moving away anyway abandoning most stuff & return to safety of family/friends/hometown you knew...

Colleges are screwing up a lot of the people who are 'normals'...Especially if your kid is trying to socialize with wealthy at fraternity/sorority. Can end up with PTSD & case of psychosis for living away with wrong thing going on at college. Several colleges in this state got in trouble for mistreating students and staff were helping...Need to keep in touch and if child talks about being scared by anyone, may need to move him/her away to finish semester at home. Have to pay back immediately Pell Grants, loans and scholarships if you drop class due to mistreatment by staff or social problems...

Last edited by cattalk1; 06-10-2017 at 01:20 AM..

Old 06-10-2017, 03:12 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I still think there's something fishy about all this.....
I agree.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:50 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhenderson View Post
I am in a safe place with my dogs. It has been a rough day and I have a long way to go to anything like being normal. I can eat, drink and properly care for my fur babies and myself. We are cautious, but enjoying being able to go outside. I want to thank everyone for helping hold me up in that tiny room for 17 days. THANK YOU for believing me!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:36 AM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattalk1 View Post
In some cities, choose an affordable area and women are told they will be harmed for declining to shack up & house with a local. If you are wanting a break from relationships or waiting for mate in jail, you need to return to relative or friend's home or shack up with the gay ones & look convincing. When you see a single parent with kids killed in a week for living alone in iffy area, you understand...Her sister died to same way a few years before as they met the wrong thing years ago & this is just how some cities run. Cops in some areas of city cover it calling it suicide as killer left gun in victim's hand and drug them to couch to wait for police. Better to choose WAY outskirts of city and get best thing you can afford...

<snip>

Seen a gay man married to a lesbian so I know I live in a predatorial community if you choose to remain alone...need to move to suburbs at least as city cops just ruin victims who complain about threats/stalking/vandals, no restraining orders are possible with no attorneys who will help unless you move in with the weirdo and let him beat you. Here they usually end up pregnant first and bipolar male bashes child off the wall and 'horrible woman' who couldn't leave the monster ends up in jail for rest of life. So females with any clue end up moving away anyway abandoning most stuff & return to safety of family/friends/hometown you knew...
Really need better details on WHERE as it doesn't make much sense.

OP - so glad you are safe with your dogs!!!

Old 06-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 390,228 times
I know the op already posted but I'll quote her message she asked to pass on to all of you:

'Please thank everyone, you all helped me keep my strength up to make this happen.'

I'm so glad the OP, and the dogs, are safe. I'm not going to comment on some posts I see. Just wish the OP continued strength and blessings.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:11 AM

17 posts, read 22,885 times
I understand why some are skeptical. Domestic violence doesn't care how much money you have, or don't. It doesn't discriminate based on age, race, gender or level of education. It is about one human beings need to control those around them and the more financially comfortable or educated you are, the more shame and guilt the receiving person feels. People like me work VERY hard to hide that shame and self blame. I am learning this as I go.

FYI, If you encounter a person who is in such a relationship like I was and you notice a dot on their hand, here's what it means....My life is in danger and I cant find a way out! If you can get them alone, ASK how you can help. Some can slip away and get to the police if someone is just willing to just drive them there, at that very moment. I hope I am never stupid enough to get involved with a man again, or ever have to use this information. Again, thank you for those who helped me no give up

Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
You would be a great advocate for others. This last post was educational for me. It's a scary thing but I was there once.

I'm so glad you and your furkids have escaped.

I think men who are abusive to women are the lowest forms of cowards. Usually, once they realize you're not afraid and are willing to shoot if necessary, they disappear.

I hope you have a restraining order - I didn't read all 15 pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas