U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:47 PM

1,297 posts, read 777,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I got back from looking at some properties, there in AR, and found the area nice, but the market just a bit richer than I thought it would be....
So, I guess the next step I need to take it get an appraisal on my current home, so I have a better idea just how much I can really afford on my next one.

I am wondering if I should ask a real estate agent to recommend an Appraiser?
or is there someone else I should ask?
Your best bet is to talk with a realtor or two about what you could list your house for. It's really not necessary to get a full appraisal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 07:16 PM

547 posts, read 112,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Your best bet is to talk with a realtor or two about what you could list your house for. It's really not necessary to get a full appraisal.
Thanks.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoonharry View Post
Was there not some guy on here dissing Arkansas and saying how great California was a bit ago? I wonder now that there are rivers of boiling wine and ash and bone as CNN puts it how he feels about Callie now? I will take NWA over California and Florida any day.
I suspect he was just in here to spew hatred and see if he could get us angry.

I feel a little sorry for California, but not too much, they have been warned for years that this day would come, but chose to listen to pseudo-science wackos carry on about global warming, respecting nature and not doing anything to disturb the "natural balance" that keeps nature in harmony to prevent cycles of expansion and destruction. What hogwash.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:23 PM

It will take me some months to get there, but I will be back to house hunting in a few weeks.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Well I pack the truck to move to Fayetteville area on Monday. Will be there by next weekend.
You're moving to AR at the best time of year, welcome! I moved here 2 years ago from south Louisiana and absolutely love it. I'm in Newton county near Jasper. It's my paradise.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:10 PM

584 posts, read 283,267 times
Quote:
Well I pack the truck to move to Fayetteville area on Monday. Will be there by next weekend.
I'm following you soon

My house is supposed to be finished end of December so I am looking at January.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:19 AM

Looks like I found a place in SE Ozarks area, not too far from Mountain Home, so now it is a matter of getting all of the mechanics of the deal done. (Appraisal, Survey, Down-payment, Utilities, etc) Surprisingly, the realtor didn't have any sort of checklist to for me to follow. Guess I have spent too much time around the military. They have a checklist for everything

Old 11-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Looks like I found a place in SE Ozarks area, not too far from Mountain Home, so now it is a matter of getting all of the mechanics of the deal done. (Appraisal, Survey, Down-payment, Utilities, etc) Surprisingly, the realtor didn't have any sort of checklist to for me to follow. Guess I have spent too much time around the military. They have a checklist for everything
Your mortgage company will schedule the appraisal. Are you doing the survey or did the seller agree to do it (this should be in the contract)? Utilities are last for you to handle, the companies should be listed in the seller disclosure.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Your mortgage company will schedule the appraisal. Are you doing the survey or did the seller agree to do it (this should be in the contract)? Utilities are last for you to handle, the companies should be listed in the seller disclosure.
Thanks.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:38 PM

71 posts, read 53,123 times
Congrats TRex2!

We have been roaming the same area plus a little west of MH. I'm still 2+ years away from the big move and I'm jealous .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas