U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM

67 posts, read 9,052 times

Advertisements

Here is the other one I was thinking about, What do you think about it?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 AM

547 posts, read 112,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Just look at what they did to George Zimmerman For defending himself, The guy was trying to kill him but yet he was charged with 2nd degree murder.
Yep. the Black Lives Matter thugs wrecked his life before the trial by pushing a false narrative, the press tried to have him murdered by publishing his name, address and other personal information during the trial, an out of control prosecutor pursued charges against him, despite overwhelming evidence that it was a false narrative (for political purposes, I suspect, and I hope the end result was that she was unemployed and disbarred for it) and there were attacks on him after the trial as well.

The same thing has happened to a few others. Kind of a worse case scenario, but if it only happens once a year to one person, that wouldn't justify the price of the NRA insurance. There would need to be over 1000 prosecutions and lawsuits per year to justify that price. How many are there? I don't know. That is data that actuarial would need to set the price, so I am sure it is available somewhere.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Here is the other one I was thinking about, What do you think about it?
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/
The rules are here:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/gold/

But it still doesn't say how many people per year face these situations, except one line where it says "thousands of times each year."

I am still skeptical of its value, but for some people, living in areas where the situation is more likely (any city that had anti-Trump riots in the days after the inauguration) it may well be worth it. I just can't say one way or the other without hard statistics.

And here is one statistic for you. I can't remember the exact numbers, but almost half of the homicides are committed in about 30 of the 3000 counties in the USA. That is something to think about. (Maybe I will look up those stats again...)

Old 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM

There is no doubt it's high priced. But if you should ever need it you'll be very thankful you have it.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
There is no doubt it's high priced. But if you should ever need it you'll be very thankful you have it.
I always play with the odds, though. And right now, where I live, the odds favor me living in peace. (But you don't say where you live.) Those odds are changing as we speak, so I have my eyes open, some guns bought, and ammo stocked.

And plans to move to where the odds will once again favor my living in peace.

But my eyes will remain open, for the day will come when there will be no peace.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I always play with the odds, though. And right now, where I live, the odds favor me living in peace. (But you don't say where you live.) Those odds are changing as we speak, so I have my eyes open, some guns bought, and ammo stocked.

And plans to move to where the odds will once again favor my living in peace.

But my eyes will remain open, for the day will come when there will be no peace.
When you put that dollar in a slot machine the odds are you will lose but you put it in anyway.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
When you put that dollar in a slot machine the odds are you will lose but you put it in anyway.
Nope. I don't play the slots. Or the lottery.
Because of the odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas